A Call from the Mayor / Culty Callings

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Call from the Mayor / Culty Callings

#101 Post by Urson »

Joker
With a shy nod to Kelly, Joker fires up his PKE and begins taking readings- tactfully, trying to be respectful to the witches and their ways. He also taps the recorder on his phone to record the prophecy. IF he can do both. If not, he'll focus on the PKE

Brains (+2 BP) for the PKE data: [5d6]=14 ghost [1d6]=3
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Keeping as much secret as possible only makes sense for all of us, you included. We will need every advantage we can get I think."

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#103 Post by Taaz »

Jason nods along with Mac Yeah Mr Mayor is quickly becoming a mushroom...feed him crap and keep him in the dark. I can't really shake the feeling were here to do his dirty work, and I don't think hes on the total up and up even with this Kindle thing

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Urson »

Joker
He is a politician- what else would you expect from such?
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Very true, calling them untrustworthy is an understatement."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:39 pm Joker IF he can do both. If not, he'll focus on the PKE
Brains (+2 BP) for the PKE data: [5d6]=14 ghost [1d6]=3
I'm going to say he has no problem with that since you rolled high and this is a relaxed environment despite the potential creepy girl at the head of the table.

He sees there is a defined field around them, pulsing with neutralizing energies. Nothing passes in or out without being "filtered" and nullified.
GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:32 pm Roy asks Liz "Who are the reapers?"
Elizabeth looked over to Roy Soldier... sort of. They are a division of D.O.O.R.

Jennifer sees the looks Elizabeth gets from that. We are the Hermedics... The more martial members are called the Reapers, and we have more scientific types called the New Rationalists. Different problems need different approaches is all. It is easier for us to work together and back each other up...

Gloria Simply ridiculous if you ask me... She looks over at Mac I do agree it needs to be dealt with, too many people have been hurt by all this. then looking towards Jason. The visions are.... unreliably reliable... None of them are perfect.
If you think it is Belmont, it is a safe bet it could be, or it could be the mayor, or someone else we are not even considering.

Scott308 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:23 am Lionel "Freight Train" Williams
You guys are plugged into what's going on around here waayyy more than we are, so maybe we should offer you our help...if you'll take it.
It is Kelly's turn to speak up again. Thank you. We have to keep a low profile whenever we can. Too many people associate bad rumors and stories about the Blackwells and we are trying to separate ourselves from that... if only for now until people begin to trust us again.

Gloria and Elizabeth both give her a look at that but say nothing... adding to the tension in the air.
GreyWolfVT wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:26 pm Roy agrees with Lionel "I only told the mayor what he wanted to hear, but I agree with Lionel we will work with you but we have to try and do so where the mayor's eyes and ears cannot notice it."
Jeniveve nods. It was that decision that made me call you here.

As the conversation evolves and talk of the mayor comes up, Jeniveve speaks up again. I agree you should watch for the sheep in wolf's clothing, but there is also a wolf in lamb's clothing in this story. she rolls a milky gaze over the gathering, still looking exhausted. Be wary of everyone. Even us.

Jennifer directing the conversation back: We know the demon is in the church. We know Belmont is... somehow benefiting from what is happening there, but we think the demon has more hold on him than it might seem. Regardless of how Belmont was before, everything negative about him has seemed to be amplified since he took over his father's church, and anything good about him before seems all but gone. That is infernal influence at work in most cases. Despite anything that might happen, or that he might do, we need to remember he is as much a victim of this demon as anyone else. I am not justifying his actions... she says looking to Elizabeth before she can interrupt again. I'm just saying, remember there is a person under all that. A human being that on some level is likely possessed, or trapped.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy thinking about everything said as well as all that has happened so far he wonders and then asks what he is thinking "What about Papa Popascu or Brother Barry? Might they be of any aid to us in this whole mess? Yes I know that is phrasing things lightly. I am just curious how they might play into things or are they truly innocent or are they perhaps the wolf in lamb's clothing you mentioned Jeniveve? Also another man comes to mind Thomas Ten-Chiefs he's been great in the past perhaps he could be of help in this matter as well?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#108 Post by Taaz »

What would we need to sever the connection from Belmont to the demon, even temporarily? Jason stands up and starts walking around fidgeting, talking to everyone and no on in particular What would we need, a barrier, we can swing that for any PKE energy He tword Joker and Roy, But would a neutronization field be enough, the kind of psychological damage that even a human can cause, youd have to be deprogrammed to even be close to being reasoned with and that doesn't assume any kind of metaphysical connections that could be present. He looks at Gloria, I believe you that hes a victim, we owe him a shot. Could we rig something to try and cause a total Psychokinetic void and see if he can see the light?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Lots of risk in trying that before we are ready for it to go totally wrong. If it does our cover is most likely blown and we best be able to act in other ways. We need to start thinking several steps ahead for everything we do, cause I think that demon is thinking at least that many ahead."

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#110 Post by Taaz »

Yeah we will definitly lose our advantage, and I doubt we can hold him so maybe we have try it as we confront Kindle, at least we can keep him from interfering with that.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Bluehorse »

The Joliet (Blackwell) House
D.O.O.R. HQ
September 11, 2018 7:30pm
Dark, cool and clearing. Getting a little muggy.

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:43 pm Roy "What about Papa Popascu or Brother Barry? ...Also another man comes to mind Thomas Ten-Chiefs he's been great in the past perhaps he could be of help in this matter as well?"
Jeniveve makes no comment on what she might have meant, still looking drained from it despite someone handing her some tea.

Kelly Tell us what Papa Popascu told you? And who are Brother Barry and Thomas Ten-Chiefs? she leans forward, interested.

You would recall this since it has been a matter of weeks IC time but now Years Player Time.
viewtopic.php?p=398653#p398653
viewtopic.php?f=628&t=8100
Rex wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:22 am Mac "Lots of risk...our cover is most likely blown...best be able to act in other ways. We need to start thinking several steps ahead for everything we do, cause I think that demon is thinking at least that many ahead."
Gloria seems to approve of this line of thinking as she lights another clover-heavy cigarette. Precisely. Demons have epochs of knowledge and experience. Despite their natures getting in the way of wisdom, even the lowest level ones can surprise you. You can bet that Kindle has volumes of plans in place, even though his own cover is blown right now. But only but those in the room and Papa Popascue. He knows he only needs to outlive us, which is easy by his perspective or make his own move. Demons are cunning, he doesn't need a direct assalt either. Demons often find other ways to course those they are targeting to discourage them from moving forward against them. But that doesn't mean that he can't.
Even as restrained as he is.

Taaz wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:07 am What would we need to sever the connection from Belmont to the demon, even temporarily? Jason stands up and starts walking around fidgeting, talking to everyone and no on in particular What would we need, a barrier, we can swing that for any PKE energy He toward Joker and Roy, But would a neutronization field be enough, the kind of psychological damage that even a human can cause, you'd have to be deprogrammed to even be close to being reasoned with and that doesn't assume any kind of metaphysical connections that could be present. He looks at Gloria, I believe you that hes a victim, we owe him a shot. Could we rig something to try and cause a total Psychokinetic void and see if he can see the light?
Mostly pointing this line of conversation to the players to reply while offering the NPCs a chance to respond now and keep things flowing.

Gloria looks at Jason as he speaks and takes a moment to process his questions. There are rituals to suppress, trap, bind, and even remove a direct possession. Kindle... he is anchored to that cross. So it is not a direct possession. Think of it more like breathing polluted air for a long time. It has an effect more you breathe it in.

Jenevive snickers. You don't say?

Gloria eyes her daughter irritably and stobs out her cigarette for now. The point is, we need to remove Kindle from the partial entrapment he is in and into something more substantial. Don't you have ways to do this? Trapping spirits and the like I mean.

Jennifer We need to get Otho here...

Elizabeth Oh, no... not him. If you call him here, I am leaving.

Jennifer smirks and takes out a phone sending out a text.

Elizabeth Leaving. she puts her hands up and leaves the room for what looks like the kitchen.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 187/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 230/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 284/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 265/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rex »

Mac

"We can contain spirits, but have never tested it on a demon so can't say it will hold for sure. Who is Otho?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#113 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy informs Kelly everything that Papa Popascu told them and then tells her what he knows about Brother Barry and Ten-chiefs in his own fashion. I seriously don't feel like typing all of that stuff out so figured this covers it. "Thomas Ten-chiefs is a local shaman of the Caddo Tribe. He helped us with some jobs we ran into involving his culture. Brother Barry is a local Preacher we had a big job at his church. Ten-chiefs helped us with this very case." if I am not mistaken the one with the snakes, burial mound and all that.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#114 Post by Taaz »

Jason chimes in about Thomas..and a good friend, he helped us make peace with an avatar of A'ya'hi'ya. And loves his pizza he smiles to himself...
Bluehorse wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:33 pm Gloria looks at Jason as he speaks and takes a moment to process his questions. There are rituals to suppress, trap, bind, and even remove a direct possession. Kindle... he is anchored to that cross. So it is not a direct possession. Think of it more like breathing polluted air for a long time. It has an effect more you breathe it in.
Hmm...so maybe instead of trying to separate Belmont from the demon, we try to quarantine the cross. That has a whole other host of problems though

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Would a direct attempt on the cross risk freeing him completely? I like the idea of isolating the cross but we need to try and insulate ourselves from its influence that close to it."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#116 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

So, would we need a priest to do an exorcism? You know- holy water, "Power of Christ compels you!" Like in the movie- pea soup, the girl's head spinning?
Bluehorse wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:33 pm Elizabeth Leaving. she puts her hands up and leaves the room for what looks like the kitchen.
Lionel gets up and follows. What's this about? Who's this Ortho that she's texting?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker says nothing, but is listening to everything. He continues taking readings, and begins to consider what the proper application of high-energy physics would do to a demon-infested cross.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#118 Post by Taaz »

Whoops, sorry got my timelines flipped, was thinking that was 2 days ago not until then.
Last edited by Taaz on Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Urson »

Noted.
FA FO

Return to “Mission Archive”