The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 3

Bluehorse
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 3

#121 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac grabs his stuff while Lionel reaches out to his contacts and gets ready to go. "Lets roll!"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker hesitates, torn between his fear of the place and his fear of looking like a coward.
He nods. I will keep down the fort. If you get in trouble, I will ride to the rescue.
FA FO

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#123 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy finishes texting his witch contacts the details of what is going on and heads to the Ecto with Mac and Lionel.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 18, 2018 11:30am
Nice out, Clear and Breezy.

Lionel gets with Jamie
What? She's missing? Afraid I haven't heard from her, but I will let you know what I find out if anything comes up, but it takes 48 hours before police consider a person missing, so it is going to be slim chance of anything being on report. I'll ask around.
Roy suggest a connection with the Mayor that might have been implied by Marshal Reeves.

Joker agrees to run logistics from the firehouse.

Mac is already grabbing gear and heading to the Ecto.

Roy gets an answer to his message to D.O.O.R. in the form of a phone call, but maybe not who he expected:

It was the firey tempered Jessica Hobbs's voice he heard on the other end of the line: I got your message. So you're finally making a move on Belmont?

New Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 249/249 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 289/289 @
Roy O'Dowd: 426/426 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 345/345
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 569/569

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#125 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Assuming Roy's call is something he can take care of on the move, Lionel heads to the Ecto. We'll keep you updated, Joker. Jamie hasn't heard anything, but she'll ask around and call you here if she comes up with something. Climbing behind the wheel, he waits until the others are in the vehicle before starting the engine and asking, So...do we go see Belmont or the Mayor?

I'm torn on what we should do. On the one hand, we go see if Julia is at Belmont's. But if Bass Reeves was trying to tell Roy something about the Mayor, maybe we should go there first? Even though we may not really trust him, it would look good if we go to the mayor if we have a problem. Maybe he'll think we are dependent on him and look to him when we need help. And maybe we learn something from his reaction. Maybe we need to see what comes from Roy's phone conversation.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#126 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy wasn't exactly thinking to call the mayor more show up at his office. "Hmm calling the mayor, I was more or less thinking to stop at his office. But if I call what do I say?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Agreed, I would rather just show up then call."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Bluehorse »

I still feel like we are on a holding pattern until a concrete decision is made, so I am not going to post just yet.

Also, my professor claims that if we can make it through the next 2 weeks, we have it made in this internship... So I will still be slow posting until at least that time. Thanks for being patient.

Scott308

#129 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel gives the others a quick, confused, look. He then starts driving, turning in the direction that will take them to the mayor's office. I don't know what to say to the mayor, but you've got a few minutes to figure it out before we get to his office.
I'm not sure why people are suddenly talking about calling the mayor. I didn't see where anyone suggested calling, only visiting.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:46 am I'm not sure why people are suddenly talking about calling the mayor. I didn't see where anyone suggested calling, only visiting.
This is a point I would like clarified as well before I set up a thread. I feel like we are possibly going a few different directions here. Let nail this down to what everyone is wanting/thinking/suggesting and we can even put it to a vote.

Also, has anyone heard from Taaz lately?

Last thing, I appreciate everyone being patient with me. Things will still be a little slow between here and about Dec. 6th when this class is going to be over, but so far it is looking up for this next module, so maybe the professor was right. I am counting down the days to putting this experience behind me! Going to school full time and working full and a half time while raising two teens involved in DeMolay, Band, and Orchestra, as well as all my Masonic obligations and other family fun has been a challenge I am happy to reduce soon! Just a handfull of week more with breaks in the middle, and I can say I "Got" my Masters instead of I'm "Getting" my Masters! :lorcl:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Urson »

Damn, BH! I'm tired just _reading_ your current obligations!
FA FO

GreyWolfVT

#132 Post by GreyWolfVT »

lol, Yes Brett you are far more active than I would ever wish to be. Merely reading of your exploits makes me want to take a nap for about a week.

Scott308

#133 Post by Scott308 »

Bluehorse wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:45 am
This is a point I would like clarified as well before I set up a thread. I feel like we are possibly going a few different directions here. Let nail this down to what everyone is wanting/thinking/suggesting and we can even put it to a vote.
Since others mentioned going to the mayor, my last post had Lionel heading to the mayor. If anyone does NOT want to go to the mayor, speak up, preferably in-character, but OOC would be ok as well.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 18, 2018 12pm
Nice out, Clear and Breezy.

Lionel gets the keys and the team piles into the Ecto-1 and Joker stays behind to run logistics. After some back and forth the team decides to go check up on the Mayor and see what he has to say on the matter. They head towards his office in the heavy downtown lunch traffic and it takes a bit to go the short distance. They find a parking meter and throw in some change (darn taxes) and $0.75 they have a whopping 30minutes to remain parked in the tight space.

Meanwhile, Roy has a conversation with Jessica Hobbs's over the phone: Give me an idea what you want to say and I will work this out in the typical weebly wobbly timey wimey way.

New Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 249/249 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 289/289 @
Roy O'Dowd: 426/426 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 345/345
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 569/569

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

Scott308

#135 Post by Scott308 »

Setting a 25 minute timer on his phone so the Ecto doesn't get ticketed or towed, Lionel gets out and walks toward the building.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac follows Lionel.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Bluehorse »

Roy's Phone call Summary

Jennifer takes in the news as if she has been waiting on it for a while and is ready to act.
Listen, The Mayor is going to try to stop you from acting on the demon. And frankly, so are some of my sisters. What you need to do is keep him out of it. Give me a few hours to get the right components together, Belmont and his demon can't do anything with Julia until after sunset, so we have until almost 8:30 tonight. I can get some of the girls here that will listen to reason over there maybe have enough time to brew something that might help, but you need to be ready to follow my lead and go in guns blazing.

I will say this happens on the way to City Hall and everyone can respond as needed.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Urson »

Joker
I am not sure why we would include the mayor in this, anyway. If the Witches say he should be left out of it, I would agree.

Joker sets to work on the 'Find ghostbusters' app, trying to dig up some sort of history- can he get a "Last seen" time and location on Julia's phone?
[6d6]=18 Ghost [1d6]=5 (Brains roll +2 BP).
FA FO

GreyWolfVT

#139 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Alright then I guess we just skip the mayors place and go...i dunno where to go then.

Scott308

#140 Post by Scott308 »

I wasn't sure about talking to the mayor before, but now I am definitely not going to talk to him. If we tell him what we're going to do it sounds like he'll do everything he can to stop us, including possibly warning Belmont. I admit, this whole demon thing is over my head, so I'm happy to take direction from Jennifer. Sounds like they are way more versed in this than we are.

Lionel turns the Ecto around and heads back to the firehouse unless someone else has a different destination in mind.

Return to “Ghostbusters RPG”