Nocturne

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

Nocturne

#1 Post by Revenant »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIcvCqd ... uI&index=1

"The truth is at the beginning of anything and its end are alike touching."
` Yoshida Kenko

The tales say the Pale One first stepped from the mists of the western wastes, as the reaper's last harvest fell away to the first snow. So began the Winter of Tears, a winter that lasted for forty and seven years. It was a white death that raged through the lands and its people, felling near a fourth of all who dwelt there. The Pale One drank of the tears and sorrows of the land and his power grew, as did those who followed his wake. For the blackness of evil knows many shades. From the icy north of the Fellfrost came the barbarian witch Nizra the Grim, who was also called the Queen of Crows and in time, became the Pale One's consort. In the southron lands there was the mage called the Shadowmancer and the priest who proclaimed himself the Father of Worms. And to the west, a warrior-queen who was known only as the Ashen Lady. From the Underlands, came the dark elf hailed as the Befallen Prince. They were the five fingers of the hand that held the lands in its grip. And in darkness they weaved the pattern of man's fate. Or so they thought...

United against the darkness, men and women of all kind, from all the lands gathered together to fight as one against the evils that had come to their homes. Among those who came, jarls and shield maidens from the north, nobles and knights of the three kingdoms, sailors and reavers of all the seas, the dwarves from their mountain kingdoms, the halflings of the verdant shires, the gnomes and elves of the great forests and gleaming cities. Though many fell and the cost was great, their light overcame the darkness. And in the end, they defeated the Pale One and his minions. He was chained by wizardry and priestly magicks in his dark tower in the western wastes and in time his power diminished.

Over half a century has past and those dark days are now but a fading memory to nearly all. But another darkness has fallen upon those who once stood united. Some say it was a corrupt seed planted during the Winter of Tears others but that is merely the true nature of man. The northern and southern people divided in enmity over bloody battles for the lands each sought. The clans of the north fought petty battles even amongst themselves. The three kingdoms once brothers in arms now view one another with suspicion. The dwarven kingdoms have faded to but one as their kin became fewer and fewer. The shires are no more and the dwellers of the forest have become sparse or left for distant shores. The heroism of the past is but a flickering candle.

It is into this world that you are born...

I am now recruiting for this game (Campaign ID #935). It is a dark and gritty Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition Game.

Though the game is being played here, I am also maintaining an Obsidian Portal page for the game.
Link to the Obsidian Portal game page: https://nocturne-4.obsidianportal.com/
Bear in mind its very much a work in process and will be updated with more detailed info as the game unfolds.

Link to a map of the Southern Realms on Obsidian Portal: https://nocturne-4.obsidianportal.com/maps/130106
Last edited by Revenant on Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Nocturne

#2 Post by Paladin »

Love the concept. If work slows down over the winter as I expect it will, I'd be interested.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Darithe »

Put me down as interested also.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ybn1197 »

Count me in.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by The Bindoner »

I'm interested.

What would the posting commitment be? Roughly.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Revenant »

Greetings all:

I hesitate to put a requirement in place for posting. I realize the ebb and flow of commitments can sometimes interfere, but ideally I'd like to see a couple of posts a week and I will post as much as needed to move the game along.

Oh and I wanted to make clear that beginners are very welcome. No knowledge of Pathfinder is required. I expect to have a website up by next week to walk you all through the character creation and house rules. It will also give details on the lands of the world with a wiki. And although I don't always sign in, I check this board quite frequently so feel free to post any other questions or concerns you might have.

Looking forward to gaming with you all!

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by Revenant »

Sorry for the delay, now that I am done with vacation and various sundry commitments I'm ready to begin. See the bottom of the first post for important links.

Zaella
Runner
Runner

#8 Post by Zaella »

Sign me up! :D

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Revenant »

We have our first character submission.

Zaella will be playing an elven wizard who's background was working as an apprentice to the thieves' guild's mage in Emereal, and she plans to pursue a career as a rogue/wizard.
Attachments
Zaella2.jpg
Zaella2.jpg (52.38 KiB) Viewed 1265 times

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Darithe »

Still working on my character. Hope to have something in the next couple of days.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by spanningtree »

If you have room I would like to be onboard.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by hedgeknight »

I made two mistakes.
I listened to 'The Wind That Shakes the Barley' by Dead Can Dance...and then I read the intro post to this game.
Must...resist...no time...for...another...game...

Is this going to be played here or on Obsidian Portal?
Winter is coming...

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Revenant »

Greetings Spanningtree and Hedgeknight:

Yes we have room for more characters. So far we have two, Zaella will be playing an elven wizard (later to multiclass to Wizard/Rogue) with a thieves' guild background and Darithe will be playing an outcast black sheep child of a noble family who is a swashbuckler. So whatever you'd like to play is fine.

Dead Can Dance did some great stuff! The game will be played here on forums, with the Obsidian Portal page to give background info/rules, and whatever else catches my fancy.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Darithe »

I like to use a song for inspiration whenever I create a character. Here is Mave's song....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0qrPVMoGPE.

"If trouble comes when you least expect it, perhaps it is best to always expect it. Words to live by in my view. If my parents had their way, I'm sure I'd be wedded to some eligible young noble from one of the other nine houses. But then I've never been one to follow my parents' ways. No bridal path for me, the path I walk is adventure and when traveling that path instead of expecting trouble, I always try to bring a little of my own."

Mave Gallowhawk - Swashbuckler and the youngest child and outcast of House Gallowhawk. (copy of character sheet is in your mail)
Attachments
Mave Gallowhawk.png
Mave Gallowhawk.png (782.32 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Revenant »

Well we have two solid characters who are accepted and ready to play. If any others wish to join, I need your character ideas, just a concept is fine. We can work out the details later. I'd like to have a minimum of four characters before we start. So we're half way there.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by spanningtree »

Is the expectation at this point a short bio and a pic?

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Revenant »

Greetings Spanningtree! That would be great, although the pic is optional. Just the basic idea of what you'd like to play. I'm using Hero Lab for the character sheets but you are welcome to use the character sheet on the Dice Roller here to get a start. Once I get the character we'll work out the details.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by spanningtree »

Thena Krillovna

Description:
Thena is a somewhat tall human possessing auburn hair and hazel eyes. She is considered to be average looking among other humans and does not turn heads often. It does not help that she appears unhappy most if not all of the time. She wears a suit of chainmail with a sword tucked into the belt, her deities symbol clearly hanging from her neck .

Background:
Thena came up in a somewhat rural family that owned an inn. Her family is highly religious and upon turning 18 she was chosen by a local church of to attend seminary. She decided to attend and through the teachings she soon became and acolyte and agent of the church. She is currently on hiatus from religious duties to return home for a brief vacation. Always on the lookout for something different/fun she fell in with a group of adventures while traveling to her home town.

Thoughts?

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Revenant »

Excellent submission spanningtree! The character is a perfect fit. We will work out the details privately.

OK, there's plenty of room for other people if any of the others who expressed interest would like to join. Also open to new folk if there's any interested.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Darithe »

Nice job on the map! It's good to see where Mave's hometown is.

Return to “Looking for players or games”