Re: UE Issue #1: Introductions

#242 Post by gurusql »

Eclipse that means you will be first, so you can act as well. :wink:

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#243 Post by VonAlric »

It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse makes a (half) move to the SE corner of the building to get a better view of the situation.

He turns to Dragonfly "Give it up, you have nowhere to go"

He holds the rest of his action to see if Dragonfly tries to escape or makes an aggressive move

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by gurusql »

VP and PM in Danger - Turn 1 Segment 10
Southern Club, New Chicago
8:09 PM Local Time – Tuesday, June 16th, 1987

Eclipse: DEX 20, DEF 21/25, END 23/46, STUN 29, Initiative (6,1,2) (1.5 hexes above the roof level)
PB (Red/Yellow Rectangle): DEX 20, Initiative (5,4,1) Unconscious
Wind Dragon: DEX 20, DEF 20, END 10/46, STUN 10/35, Initiative (4,1,4) (On ground)
Dragonfly (Dark Green Square): DEX 20, Initiative (2,4,6)
Dos Seso: DEX 18, DEF 24/23, END 28/40, STUN 29, Mind Scan on with E and A, Initiative (5,6,5)
Earthquake Fist (Purple/Red Rectangle): DEX 18, Initiative (5,5,2)
Azir: DEX 18, DEF 27, END 41/56, STUN 56, Initiative (4,6,5)
Gossamer Storm (Green Diamond): DEX 18, Initiative (3,4,2)

Since Eclipse's half move brought the others back into the foreground. Earthquake Fist is at the base of the building, feeling the base of the building.

Gossamer Storm still carrying his unconscious teammate has flown around the corner and down about half way to Earthquake Fist and looks back and smugly says in perfect English to Eclipse when he leans over the edge, "Earthquake Fist will take do this building, perhaps killing anyone still inside. I will tell him to stop if you let Dragonfly and the rest of us go. Decide now because once Earthquake Fist starts the building is coming down and you, Eclipse will be responsible."

Everyone other than Eclipse needs to make a hearing PER roll to hear Gossamer Storm's speech - Wind Dragon, Dragonfly did hear, Azir heard it happened but could not make out the message.

Wind Dragon makes a Breakfall Roll so stands up without taking a half action. He postpones waiting for Eclipse to say something or Dragonfly to act.

I will pause in case Eclipse wishes to react.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"You might also end up killing Dragonfly as well. Perhaps we can do a trade. Where are the two that the red and yellow one took? Return them, and we can go our separate ways."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by gurusql »

Gossamer Storm

"Nice try Glowstick, they are already out of the country. I could not trade them even if I wanted. This is not a negotiation, the building will come down and dozens will die starting in less than 2 seconds. Decide or not, I do not care this is my final and best offer." says Gossamer Storm in a carefree tone.

Everyone except Eclipse will need to make a PER Roll at -1 to have heard that. Azir and Wind Dragon make those rolls but not Dragonfly.

And I send it back to Eclipse with that half saved action.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse looks at Azir and Wind Dragon.

"We can't risk the people in the building."

He calls down to Gossamer Storm

"Very well, have Earthquake Fist step back and we will release Dragonfly"

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#249 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

Skill Check or Perception, 12- : [_3d6]=(2+3+1)=6

Hearing the demands, Dos Seso speaks loud enough for the others to hear. "Keep them talking. Let me see if I can find Fist down there."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by gurusql »

Gossamer Storm

"When Dragonfly is over the edge, Earthquake Fist will step away. You have my word. Do I have your word that there will be no tricks. Any tricks and the building goes down with all those lives are on you."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by gurusql »

Dos Seso - Two things you need to make a -1 PER Roll to hear the second follow through and remember that Dragonfly can hear your planning.

Eclipse - Can I start ticking down time again (e.g. moving to the next people on the list)?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by shaidar »

gurusql wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:42 pm Eclipse - Can I start ticking down time again (e.g. moving to the next people on the list)?
Sure

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by gurusql »

I think that skipped PB - she wakes up on Segment 10.

Wind Dragon eases his posture, but still ready to react.

Dragonfly says "Zhè cì shì píngjú Wind Boy. Xià cì nǐ jiù bù huì zhème xìngyùnle." And with that Dragonfly flies to the edge of the building and straight down.

After the fact translation from Wind Dragon
"This time is a draw Wind Dragon, Next time you will not be so lucky."
After Dragonfly leaves the building, Azir says "I will help the SS and cover the VIPs." (when her action comes)

Over to Dos Seso

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#254 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

Skill Check or Perception, 11- : [_3d6]=(6+6+5)=17
(Nope, didn't hear that last exchange from GS)

Seeing his comrades relax their stance and Dragonfly taking off, Dos Seso reacts. He moves to the edge of the building so he can look down to assess the situation.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by gurusql »

Dos Seso gets to the edge so that like Eclipse he can see the villains escape.

Gossamer Storm keeps an eye on the heroes above and flies down in the general direction of Earthquake Fist but away from the building. Dragon fly come flying down the flies directly into what appears to be an open sewer grate. As soon as that happen, Gossamer Storm helps the Yellow and Red woman through the same open grate and then Earthquake Fist leaps into the same hole. The four villains basically disappearing from view.

We will go non-combat now unless there an offensive action that someone wants to take.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse lands and deactivates his forcefield

"I don't know if Earthquake Fist could've brought the building down, but we couldn't risk all the people inside. We saved the Vice-President and Prime Minister"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by gurusql »

Azir stays with the VP and PM until they have successfully left the building. He finds that is a little longer than expected, the three remaining VIPs insist on taking an elevator car down alone, while the Secret Service objects they finally agree. The three of them stop the elevator on the way down and hold a 5 min longer meeting and then safely get to the bottom.

Wind Dragon flies down to the spot that Earthquake Fist was "examining" - and after examining the spot in question for about 30 seconds returns to the group and says "As an Earth Scientist, I can tell you there is nothing special about that part of the building, he for sure was not looking for a weak spot, or at least if he was then he has no idea what he is looking for."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by gurusql »

Clean-up at the Southern
Southern Club, New Chicago
8:30 PM Local Time – Tuesday, June 16th, 1987

As mentioned in a previous post, the VP Bush and the Canadian PM appear to finish their meeting in the elevator. While they are exiting the elevator, Azir hears VP Bush say ". . . from the US side that will take only the passage of this bill, but from the Canadian side it will take majorities in all the provinces on September 20." The two shake hands and attempt to exit the building, while it is clear that some of the club members are hoping for a "few minutes" with the Vice President. The Secret Service make quick aisles for the two VIPs and they are quickly out of the building to their respective limos.

Dos Seso and Eclipse are on the roof after the battle and take in the damage from the eight combatants. The sniper agent is still trapped on the roof within Gossamer Storm magic, Earthquake Fist destroyed a 2m by 10m part of the roof, the edge of the roof is cracked where Azir punched the Purple and Red Woman, lots of pool chairs were formed into a ball by Eclipse and are therefore missing, but at least the pool is not leaking at this time and building is still standing.

Wind Dragon notes that "Besides himself, none of the rest of the team was injured."

It is unknown when (or if) the press will arrive on the scene.

Anything else that anyone would like to do at the Southern? Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Not the perfect conclusion to the Mission but it could have been worse."

He flies down into the alleyway to look at the building from a demolitions point of view (using the amount of the damage that EF did on the roof as a starting point):

Demolitions (13-): [_3d6]=(3+3+6)=12

Afterwards he will look at the trapped sniper. Does he think he might be able to an energy blast to safety release the man? Once Azir returns, he'll suggest that her strength might be able to free the sniper.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by gurusql »

From a demolitions point of view, there is nothing special about the place that Earthquake Fist was "examining". Examining the damage from the small quakes on the roof, that applied at this location would not take down the building. However, given that he was taking extra time he could have some "Super Nova Blast" that could do additional damage there is not enough to answer either way. :?

Energy Blast, Strength, Martial Arts are all good against the Entangle

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”