HERETIC - a 1990s Horror Paranoia-like

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

HERETIC - a 1990s Horror Paranoia-like

#1 Post by tibbius »

Bait: I've seen some interest expressed for Paranoia.

Now here's the switch: what about a horror-investigation-based Paranoia-like, set in the (near)modern day?

You're all servants of an organization that detects, investigates, and suppresses paranormal entities and mortals who deal with them. The paranormal entities and their mortal friends are Bad Chaos Stuff that want to Undo the World. You hold the line.

But Bad Chaos stuff can be powerful and dangerous and will make deals if it's sufficiently frightened or whimsical.

One (or more) of you has made a deal, sometime in the past, and you're now bound to a PE by a Pact. The Pact gives you power, but it also endangers you, and it makes you a Heretic in your organization. If you're found out ... well, your buddies have to hold the line.

Your team has just arrived near the scene of your new investigation. It's a weird blue thing that looks like a very big beanstalk, which erupted out of the ground near a small town on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in 1994. The locals ... don't seem to notice it, mostly.

Any interest?
Last edited by tibbius on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: HERETIC - a 1990s Horror Paranoia-like

#2 Post by max_vale »

Bottom line: I have no interest in Horror games, sorry....buuuuuuttttt....

I would LOVE to play in a Paranoia game (though I'm not really a fan of any of the rule sets I've ever seen for it) AND I'm a Maryland guy whose Dad and Older Sister went to college on the Eastern Shore....(Washington College in the 'Metropolis' that is Chestertown :) )....Are you from the area?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by tibbius »

max_vale wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:14 am Bottom line: I have no interest in Horror games, sorry....buuuuuuttttt....

I would LOVE to play in a Paranoia game (though I'm not really a fan of any of the rule sets I've ever seen for it) AND I'm a Maryland guy whose Dad and Older Sister went to college on the Eastern Shore....(Washington College in the 'Metropolis' that is Chestertown :) )....Are you from the area?
Crazy hell ... 1994 was the year I spent most of my non-working evenings in a comic book store across from Dixon Valve. I went to an overnight at WC that year, got drunk, got offered a scholarship, but went elsewhere. What part of Maryland are you from?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by max_vale »

'94 was the year I graduated High School way down in Charles (Chuck) County....showing my age! :)

My parents are from Baltimore (well, right outside, Dundalk) and I was born there, but my Dad was in the Navy, so I grew up all over the place (MD, Florida and Colorado all in my first 4 years of life...then 6 years in Virgina Beach, then a year in Waldorf in Charles County, then 3 years abroad in Italy, then back to Waldorf, then Northern California my senior year of high school....back to MD for college (I went to Saint Mary's College of Maryland way down in St. Mary's County) and while I was there my Pops got a tour in Hawaii (nice place to go for Summer Break and Christmas! :) ); in my adult life I've been here since graduating college in a succession of towns, but mostly Annapolis and recently I moved out to Monty County.

Small world, ain't it? :)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Leitz »

I have/had some friends in Crisfield, but we lived near DC, in Beltsville.

And not a horror fan; got enough of it from my first marriage. ;)

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by tibbius »

I'm going to close recruitment on this and move to a different server, if anyone's interested after this PM me please.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Looking for players or games”