Re: OOC Chat

#2 Post by shaidar »

Hello Heroes :D

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by shaidar »

So, what are you guys thinking of doing about a picture? Is hero machine still around?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

I like to find a picture and work backwards. Will start working on this over the weekend.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by gurusql »

Hero Machine was my go to in the past, but with the death of Flash it does not appear to have survived the transition.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

There is The Character Creator, which is similar to Hero Machine.

In the end I found an image online that was close enough.

Am I the only Champions/Hero newbie?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

I have played once before in a pbp game, but it didn't last long. Not super familiar with the rules, can't even recall what edition it was.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by gurusql »

Just to keep you all in the loop, but without putting anyone on the spot. A total of four players have agreed to play.

We have one character in the idea stage (pre-work exists), one character is about 20-30% complete, one more that is 75-80% complete and the fourth character is done.

I am hoping to push this forward and start play somewhere in the Monday -Wednesday (9/20 - 9/22) time frame. :D

I am pretty fast to respond most days, but do expect some limited access to respond this Fri & Sat (9/17 & 9/18)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by gurusql »

I am hoping to get the first post up mid-this coming week. So I am pushing for completion of the all characters

Two more things to thing about (what does you costume look like - bonus for a visual)

Please take a look at some of the background posts - especially the 4th post - Please let me know your thoughts in the private channel.

The game will be taking place in "New Chicago" (In this world Chicago burned down in 1871, the Great Chicago Fire.)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by shaidar »

Do we need to think about which part of New Chicago we come from? Is there a map or do the general areas (industrial, commercial, residential high and low) still generally map to our (player) Chicago?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by gurusql »

That is up to you, for the most part New Chicago flows the same as Chicago does today, but having spent a total of 8 hours in the city if I get a few details wrong we can chalk it up to being a slightly different city. :D

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

I was there on vacation many years ago, so I don't really know it either, but you've got a great get out clause :)

I'll find some info online to give me an overview.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

I have spent more then 8 hours there, one of my brothers went to Loyola, but not enough to be an expert on the city.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by gurusql »

Gremlin has elected to bow out, I am still planning on moving forward with the other three characters.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by VonAlric »

This should be fun. I think all three of us are in one current game and have played in two other games as well. Going to be interesting to see what sort of personalities we have with these characters.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by shaidar »

Indeed :D

Really looking forward to this, and I like the fact that we're completely cold on each others characters. We could all end up the same powers, lol.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Looking forward to it as well. Even if we have the same powers I doubt our character concepts will even be remotely close to the same.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

indubitably

It's going to be interesting seeing where the dynamic takes us.

:mrgreen:

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by VonAlric »

I'm certain we don't have the same powers. That being said, I have no clue as to what the other powers are. All I do know is that the guy who left had some sort of density increase (Hulk, The Thing, or similar).

Question is: Are you part of G.O.S.H.?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by gurusql »

As the final touches are being placed on the characters, I want to make sure that the two main types of rolls are understood.

The first is a skill roll - These are often written as 13-, this means roll 3d6 and get the result or less to succeed and higher is a failure.
The game uses modifiers to affect the roll up or down. Combat is just a version of this you need an 11- to hit your opponent, but you get to add you OCV (Offensive Combat Value) as a bonus to you roll and subtract the DCV of whomever you are attacking

The second is a damage result, You need to count the STUN and BODY from the same roll. Since the US DIce Roller does not understand this you must roll damage dice with the underscore so that all of the dice are shown. Please see this post for more details viewtopic.php?p=568968#p568968

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”