Town of Pell

danhem
Runner
Runner

Re: Town of Pell

#21 Post by danhem »

"Don't worry," Finnegan says to Udalf, "we can spot you a few coins for a stay in the common room if need be. It can just come out of your share of whatever we find. But I don't think we should worry about bedding down just yet."

Turning to the officer, Finnegan resumes his questions.

"So how far is it to this keep? We'll need to pack enough food to make it there and back. As far as these guides go, where can we find them and what are they expecting in way of payment?"

Khaboom
Tracker
Tracker

#22 Post by Khaboom »

Sandy Bob decides its time to test the mettle of his new companions. He walks up to the biggest looking fellow in view and tells him that the strangers over there reckon he's the one they heard about in local gossip who writes love letters to uruks. He tells him that they've got a juicy letter and they going to pin it up on the tavern wall.
He is ready to WW it out of there if necessary.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Distorted Humor »

Khaboom wrote:Sandy Bob decides its time to test the mettle of his new companions. He walks up to the biggest looking fellow in view and tells him that the strangers over there reckon he's the one they heard about in local gossip who writes love letters to uruks. He tells him that they've got a juicy letter and they going to pin it up on the tavern wall.
He is ready to WW it out of there if necessary.
(OOC - Ha, this will be fun!!!)

IC

The Officer says that there has been no parties sent, but there might be others coming after, and then look over and goes "O crap" and runs out of the bar.

The large man looks at Sandy Bob, his one good eye taking in the upstart. He takes a swig of his bitter ale, and smiles, showing is teeth are half rotted away.

"Well I guess we will see who will be pinning what on the wall, I think your ear will do nicely, and throws his ale at sandy bob and picks up a club, two of his friends step out, bare handed, while the Tarvern goes silent.

(OOC - Let me know by say, friday if you join sandy bob or not in his brawl, the law will arrive at some point, and break up the fight, but till then the brawl will happen. If you do join, go ahead and roll your first round attacks, the three guys right now as a group, so they will be totaled with each other. Please roll on the dice server, and remember that if you have more then one D6 to roll, put in [1d6][1d6] and so on so you can see the individual dice so you can have sprite damage :) - let me know if you have any questions. Those who do not respond by friday I will assume will not be part of round one of the brawl, I will roll friday to see if any other patrons join the party side in this brawl)

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by kwll »

danhem wrote:"Don't worry," Finnegan says to Udalf, "we can spot you a few coins for a stay in the common room if need be. It can just come out of your share of whatever we find. But I don't think we should worry about bedding down just yet."
Udulf whispers and rolls his eyes. "Common room... And he says I should not worry!" he says. But he is immediately distracted by the challenge thrown by Sandy Bob. Celyon suddenly goes out of his thoughts and looks intently at what is happening. After a few sharp words have been exchanged, he makes a few steps back and smiles. "Udulf, I think you should give a hand to our friend here..." he suggest.

His lips tight, the servant brings out his rapier and joins the brawl.

Udulf's 1st round roll:
[1d6] = 5[1d6] = 2[1d6] = 2+8 = 17, no spite

Khaboom
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by Khaboom »

H-Block 2,1,3,2 +22=30
Sandy Bob 6,6,3,5+12=32

Bob started this and he wants to finish it quickly. H-Block gets stuck in but doesn't have the same violent motivation, judging by the dice.

danhem
Runner
Runner

#26 Post by danhem »

Finnegan and Olaf see the trouble start.

"Silly leprechauns," Olaf says.

"Meh, it was a dull conversation anyway," Finnegan replies while drawing his bank and grabbing his buckler. "Besides, we may get a few silvers out of this."

The hobbit and dwarf warriors charge into the brawl.

Finnegan: (2D+4) = 5+4+4 = 13
Olaf (5D+8) = 5+5+5+6+5+8 = 34

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Distorted Humor »

Sorry for the delay, will update in the morning, almost went to the emergency room till my female friend reminded me that I now suffer Asthma after having a bout of pneumonia. I am ok, but I need to get some rest and will update monday.

Khaboom
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by Khaboom »

OOC - Have a good rest - glad you had someone on hand :)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Distorted Humor »

Just as a note, if you could post your rolls from the dice server that would be good, let me know if you have any questions!

as for the fight

The actual rolls
Olof the One eyed MR 60
Dweezel the Dumb MR 22
Dawg Fallon MR 22

Olof has armor that protects vs. Six damage, Dweezel and Dawg protect vs. 2

Total MR 94

10d+47
[1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 5
[1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 6
[1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 6
[1d6] = 4

5+4+5+6+2+6+3+3+6+4+47 = 91 (three sprite damage)

Party rolled 13+34+30+32+17 = 126 (three sprite damage)

The Ruffians take 35 + 3 damage

Olaf takes 14, the rest take 12

Olaf MR is now 52, Dweezel and Dawg have 12

Sandy Bob, H-block, and Udulf take one point of sprite damage
Check to see if my math is correct!

The brawl quickly goes to the party, the two side companions do not fight badly, but they are dreadfully outnumbered. the party slashes and cuts all three of them ,and only Olaf is able to get a few cuts in as the party presses them back to Sandy, Block, and Udulf. The companions almost waver, but keep fighting, and you do not hear the guards, and the rest of the people in the tavern step back, but the officer loads a pipe and watches as the party fights. Trying to keep a poker face, but watching the fighting with a smile.

danhem
Runner
Runner

#30 Post by danhem »

"Now this is more like it!" Finnegan shouts as he blocks an incoming blow. "Losers buy!"

Olaf says nothing, but focuses on trying to bring down the big lout's friends to make things easier.

[1d6] = 4[1d6] = 5+4 Attack Roll

[1d6] = 1[1d6] = 4[1d6] = 3[1d6] = 1[1d6] = 4+8 Attack Roll
Last edited by danhem on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by kwll »

"Ho dear!" says Udulf when he hears his companion's challenge. Taken into the brawl, he cannot help but to keep fighting though.

Udulf's 2nd round:
[1d6] = 3[1d6] = 1[1d6+8] = 4+8 = 12 = 16, no spite.

Khaboom
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by Khaboom »

The dice roller gave 1,5,3,6 for H-Block and 41,1,6 for Sandy. Adds for weapons and attributes as last time.

'By Patrick's britches', says Bob, 'this is a grand tussle, so it is. But will ye stop bleeding, H, or you'll have me slipping over, you will!'

'That's not blood, Bob,' H replies, 'tis the vodka I drank with that Bloody Mary lassie, last night that's spilling out of me!'

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Distorted Humor »

Placeholder, will roll up round two later today.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Distorted Humor »

Distorted Humor wrote:Placeholder, will roll up round two later today.
Or the next day - I have a job interview ! :)

The ruffians, seeing that they are outnumbered and loosing, drop their clubs and swords, "How about we buy you a round of drinks..on us...for this misunderstanding."

The Officer who hired the party looks impressed...

(just let me know if you accept the drinks, then we will quickly move on :) )

Khaboom
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by Khaboom »

H-Block and Bob are quick to accept and shake hands. 'That's was just a way of seeing if we should all be friends,' says Bob.

'I'd like a mug of Pernod,' H-Block chips in with a buzz of optimism.

OOC - did you here how the job interview went? Fingers crossed :)

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by kwll »

Udulf takes a deep breath in relief. He looks briefly at his master, who continues to look back at him as well the guards, waiting for their reaction. Quickly enough, the servant composes a smiling face and says: "Of course, of course, we would be delighted to accept your welcoming gift. Pardon our little companions here, they follow an awkward tradition to introduce themselves when going to new places. We would be happy with a simple mug of ale for me and my master, if you please..."

danhem
Runner
Runner

#37 Post by danhem »

Finnegan and Olaf stop their assault and smile at the three hooligans.

"Alright then," Finnegan says sheathing his bank. "No harm done, it felt good to stretch out. Ales will do for us."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Distorted Humor »

They Buy the party ales, and the officer seems impressed, and gives a word to the Inn-keep. Later the Innkeep says that not only did the officer pay your rooms for the night, each of you get a weeks supply of food from the inn before you head out.

(Unless someone objects, i think its to the point where we hit the road and get to the adventure :) )

Khaboom
Tracker
Tracker

#39 Post by Khaboom »

The little lads are ready to go to work now that their thirsts have been slaked and the tucker bags are full. They each take a pillow with them.

danhem
Runner
Runner

#40 Post by danhem »

"A fine establishment and very smart folks in these parts," Finnegan observes.

"I'm just glad that we'll be able to eat more than roots and berries out there," Olaf says. "I'm not the best hunter."

OOC: Ready to move along.

Return to “Distorted Humor's Tunnels and Trolls”