OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Quest #35 "Interview with a Dragon"

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

We're Off To See The Dragon
Godsday, 26th of Goodmonth
Mid Morning, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

After what seemed like a never ending verbal battle to clear her reputation, again, at least temporarily, Allissa and her 2 new friends take their leave of the others and start making their way towards the trail that runs alongside the river. Mayor Daisy doesn't have much luck rousing up any other takers for her trip to see the natives in the morning, so she departs with the dragon seeking trio as well.

Before they set out to cross the river, they take one final look at their gear and provisions, making sure they have everything they need and are all set to travel the nearly ten mile trip to the massive native farming village.

Since I am seeing a few sheet issues .......this is REALLY your last chance to join this group if you want. :lol:

Any last words or actions from the characters who are going?

Mayor Daisy (sheet discrepancies, see private threads)
Allissa AC:2 19/19
Cealwyn AC:3 29/29
Whisky (not even seeing a sheet anywhere for this character)

I thought I mentioned once or twice that players need to keep track of their own sheets in this game? :roll: :lol:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #35 "Interview with a Dragon"

#2 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Working on it. Site and roller are slow and sometimes unresponsive.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Now it knows how I feel on Monday mornings. :lol:

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey added. it was in private thread
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Darklin2 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:45 pm Whiskey added. it was in private thread
I checked there too....and I still don't see a sheet. It must be well hidden.

Her AC is incorrect as listed.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Urson »

Daisy
I'll get Daisy's sheet issues sorted- later, hopefully today.

All right, ya'll. Ah don't mean to take over anyone else's business. Ah want to talk to Powstap an' the leaders of his tribe, in hope we kin ally with them against the Stoneguts. Please, don't do anything to make my job as diplomat harder.
FA FO

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

The taciturn ranger smiles mirthlessly, his eyes oddly bloodshot. He checks his gear and awaits the "giddy-up" from their fearless leader, one hand resting lightly upon his sword-hilt as they prepare to move.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Thief Formerly Known as Bonnie

Allissa addresses the Mayor's concerns. "Not to worry, Mayor, I'd like a chance to talk to this Powstap myself. I still can't believe there was somebody who could translate all this time and I never met him." She surveys the group. "Anyone need anything, we all good on arrows and weapons?"

"I was planning on going up the east side of the river, avoiding the natives, but since the Mayor is on another diplomatic mission maybe we'll try the trail. Hopefully, this will go better than the last time I led a Mayor into the jungle." She chuckles. "I don't think anyone would let me back into town with an 0 and 2 record."

"What's your plan for the natives anyway? Try to find Powstap and broker an arrangement? Do you have any shiny things to give them?" Allissa claps her hands together and breathes in deeply.

"Let's go, then. I expect early warning triplines and tree sentries. We'll decide what to do when we find one. Who wants to take point?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Yes, the last time Ah traveled the trail, the locals had the whole thing watched and guarded. Ah'd suggest we stay together, and try not to look like an advanced party of raiders.

Before the "delegation" heads up the trail, Daisy collects the items she had identified as trade: 2 axes, 2 hatchets, 1 saw, and 6 well-used swords from the Hi/Lo.
FA FO

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

The ranger moves wordlessly to the front of the party to take point and lead them upon their way, ever alert for danger.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Late Morning, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

The foursome plus one are ferried across the river again so they can make their way up the trail running along the western bank. After about an hour of travel, they find a clearing where a native village once stood. Though remnants of burnt out huts and other portions of partial construction remain, the clearing is otherwise empty. Void of any habitable structures, the group doesn't find a living soul anywhere in this former tiny river village.

The trail continues to the north.

Mayor Daisy AC:6 23/23
Sophie AC:4 6/6
Allissa AC:2 19/19
Whisky AC:? 12/12

overall map:viewtopic.php?p=345670#p345670

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"There were ghouls here on a previous visit. Stay together and keep wary. Stay away from the river." She slows and has her bow out.

"I wonder if the natives lost too many people to have a village this far south, or if they left it because of the ghouls."

She encourages everyone to keep moving.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

The ranger slows his pace to match Allissa's and strings his longbow, peering intently around them. He moves ahead.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy shivers. She places one hand on her holy symbol- for comfort or preparation- and stays close to the others.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The unseen Allissa tells the others that water ghouls have been known to roam this area, so she urges them to continue through this clearing without stopping. Expressing no arguments, the group moves along.

Another uninterrupted hour or so later, they come to a similar clearing, though this one does have a few newly built structures scattered throughout. Empty thatch huts have been constructed here and there, but you see no sign of any inhabitants inside them. There is no smoking fire or people of any kind around.

Some of the construction doesn't look complete, as if the workers were pulled off the job before they could finish. The trail to the native camp continues to the north.

Actions?

Allissa AC:2 19/19 Invisible

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Urson »

Daisy

This doesn't look good, ya'll. Can we make a quick sweep through the clearing? Ah don't want to walk into big trouble with no warning at all. Look for blood, drag marks, anythin' like that.

Daisy sweeps her arm to include the whole clearing. Sophie! Search wounded! Sophie scampers off, looking for casualties.
FA FO

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

The thief turns her eye to the trees and looks for signs of scouts. "It's possible they saw us coming."

She also looks for tools or unused materials. Things that would be left behind if something forced an evacuation.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

Cealwyn calmly surveys the scene, glancing at the ground for signs of a disturbance and then to the trees to locate sentries. If any are spotted, he will quietly alert the others with a soft-spoken warning.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

Parallels the village in the woods around the perimeter. Keeping a few feet inside the tree line as she moves around to scope out the village with out being seen.

Bow still in hand
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#20 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Whiskey tries to penetrate the thick bush at the jungles edge, finding the tight foliage nearly impenetrable and completely impossible to move through quickly, or undetected. (I wonder how many times I have written that in this game so far. Seems like hundreds. :lol: )

After a thorough search of the clearing by the others, including the sensitive nose of Sophie the war badger, nothing suspicious is found. No whistling sentries are heard. Not a soul is discovered, living or otherwise. It truly looks as though this place was packed up and abandoned before it was ever permanently settled.

Any finished structures are empty, and there isn’t even evidence of a recent fire in any of the remaining fire pits.

Actions?

Allissa AC:2 19/19 Invisible

Return to “Completed Missions”