Quest #35 "Interview with a Dragon"

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Quest #35 "Interview with a Dragon"

#221 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

"I believe I did...at that obelisk where the slizards wanted to make a snack of me." He examines it carefully and glances at the door. "I admit that I'm curious. But not eager to die today, either. Standing in a dragon's lair is risky enough." He passes the orb back to her.
Last edited by Paladin on Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#222 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

I am a Cleric / Ranger. Most of my time is spent wondering the wilds but I do pay respects to Ehlonna. There is a lot of magical treasure on that pile. And the key and door are both magical too. I thought maybe the Dragon was hiding here Invisible but he does not show up here.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#223 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri
Godsday, 26th of Goodmonth
Early Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

Gathered again at the ornate doors, the trio discuss their current situation, none of them making any sudden moves.

Actions?

positions:
Allissa AC:2 19/19 Invisible
Cealwyn AC:3 29/29
Whiskey AC:4 12/12 1st: 2/3 DM:8

overall map:viewtopic.php?p=345670#p345670

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

That door and key are both magical. What does everyone think about trying to open this door and see what is inside. Maybe the Dragon is stuck in there. Not sure what else to do. We are kind of stuck. Gather up magical items and gold and haul butt is always an option too.

She will scan the pile for magical swords and bows and take note of thier location just incase they need to haul butt out of here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#225 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri

Whiskey suggests opening the door using the sphere as a key, but gets only silence in return.

The treasure pile has a few weapons that glow with a magic aura, one of them is embedded deeply in the coins and gems, but it’s hilt glows more brightly than any item she has ever detected before. There is at least one magic bow leaning up against the wall behind the mass of wealth.

Actions?

positions:
Whiskey AC:4 12/12 1st: 2/3 DM:5

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

Cealwyn gazes upon the door, then sweeps the chamber with a gaze once more to assure himself their host hasn't crept in upon them.

"Is it coincidence, do you think...that the dragon has gone and a new leader has appeared in the native village?" His brow furrows. "I'd love to get my hands upon a magical arsenal and some armor, but I have no wish to steal from a creature such as this. There would surely be retribution."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

If we are going to open this door I will have the strongest weapon I can get before we do it. There are several magic weapons here. Grab one and we will open the door. If the Dragon returns we can give them back.

She moves over using the remaining Detect Magic and grabs the one sword that radiates the strongest, grabs a suit of armor preferably Studded Leather, looks for any magical bracers or Quivers and then grabs the bow from the back wall. As long as it is not Allissa's blade.

We need to be ready for anything. Just grab weapons and let's see what is behind this door.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She starts to reach out and grab Whiskey but stops herself at the last moment suspecting that she would lose invisibility in doing so. "Wait! Hear me out. Make note of the items, but don't take them yet. We were going to give the Dragon a day before we rummaged through, right?"

"The last time we opened something to do with those orbs, it wasn't immediately dangerous. I suspect the same here. We can try to open it, and if there is a major problem we arm ourselves."

She tries to convince Whiskey. "I'll open it, and you can be back near the hoard if you'd like. I'd just prefer to not piss it off unless there is no other option."

Allissa dismisses Cealwyn's furrowing. "There's just too much to contemplate if Momma is the Dragon. Unless the voice that called itself Momma isn't the same as the new chief, but what are the odds of that?"

IF Whiskey can be restrained from looting, Allissa will attempt to place the orb in the door recession. IF Whiskey does grab the loot, Allissa will pause and wait for retribution.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#229 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

When Whiskey dives for the loot, Cealwyn moves to intercept her. He stands before his fellow ranger with hands upraised. "Hang on, mate...you're free to do what pleases you, but think of the repercussions you could bring down on us. I doubt a dragon will forgive the act of looting its hoard, even if you offer the items back immediately. And the rest of us will likely suffer along with you." He steps back and lets his hands fall. "At least think about it first, will you?"

If she arms herself despite their protests, Cealwyn will back slowly away and look at the last spot where he heard Allissa. "I don't care to stand here and wait to be devoured," he says. "I'd rather put some jungle between myself and the scent of a dragon's enemy."

If Whiskey can be convinced to wait the day they agreed upon, he'll join in opening the door, sword at the ready.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#230 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

OK we wait for a day. If nothing comes back we take what we can carry and get back to the camp and see if we can deal with Mamma. Alright do your thing open the door.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#231 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri

Seeing Whiskey eyeing up the treasure pile makes Allissa nervous, but not nervous enough to reach out to try to grab at her.

Cealwyn has less to lose, so he does physically intercept the woman just as she reaches for a highly prized sword intermingled into the pile. She grabs the hilt as the senior ranger finally talks some sense into her about the dangers of stealing from such a powerful creature, even though the cave is currently void of said creature.

Whiskey listens to the sensible warnings, agreeing to the initial terms of waiting one full day before they start stuffing their packs. When she lets go of the sword she was just about to pull from the pile..... can I get a Save vs. Spells from Whiskey, please?

Actions?

positions:
Whiskey AC:4 12/12 1st: 2/3 DM:4

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#232 Post by Darklin2 »

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Monsieur Rose »

*waits for rocks to fall* :?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#234 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri

Whiskey has a hard time removing herself from the sword she just grabbed, actually pulling it from the pile and looking it over longingly as she halfheartedly agrees with her comrades that they shouldnt take any of the treasure yet.
Darklin2 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 amOK we wait for a day. If nothing comes back we take what we can carry and get back to the camp and see if we can deal with Mamma. Alright do your thing open the door.
With the sword still in her hand, she looks confused for a moment before a painful expression crosses her face. She blinks rapidly as Allissa and Cealwyn look at her with concern. There is no change in the chamber or with the closed ornate double doors.

Actions?

positions:
Whiskey AC:4 12/12

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"Uh...Whiskey? You ok? You look a little pale. That, and you're still holding the sword. Everything ok?"

She stays back, wary of people behaving oddly while holding strange swords.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#236 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

My curiosity with the magic in this pile has allowed me to be enspelled by this sword. It speaks to me in my head. I have lost my connection to my God and feel driven to take everything that I can carry from this pile of loot. I was given a choice to pass the sword to someone else or be turned into an evil being. I can not in good conscience pass this curse to another so I have accepted it as my own. I can not release the sword it will not let me. So I will be faithful to you two companions but I must follow my new beliefs.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#237 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will let you discuss that revelation a bit before updating. :?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She rolls her eyes and laughs. "Good one, Whiskey. You got us. Curse and evil being, I almost believed you." As Whiskey doesn't seem to join in the laughter, Allissa sobers up. "Ah. Not a joke. Ok then, interesting."

Allissa pauses in her action to open the door to deal with this new twist. "Two things. One, I'm not a religious kind of girl, if I freely accept the sword from you what do you think would happen? Not having a god to annoy, you know? Two, can you tell us a few things? The name of the voice you are hearing, the name of the god you are being urged towards, and finally, who were you supposed to pass the sword to?"

"No judgment, but can you share your new beliefs?" Allissa asks while keeping her distance.

"Gods, can you imagine what Sir Narramore would have to say here? He got all righteous when he detected the Gorman bag earlier. Luckily, we're not as rigid"

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#239 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

I have lost connection with Ehlonna and have no way to return it, my powers a a Priest are gone. The Sword's name is Frostbane and it is truly Evil. It's purpose is to slay White Dragons. I am not being urged to follow any god just possess this sword and I can no long fell her presence. I am just like any other warrior swinging a sword.

She starts to look for platemail in the treasure hoard. Trying to remember what was magical.

New Beliefs are Money Rules All Things. And All Things are Ruled by Money. If I am going to be urged to fight this dragon when it returns then I must take every Magical Item I can get to help protect me. Armor is a must, Platemail and Shield. Anything to enhance my strength and stamina is also welcome. I am pretty sure it will be a death sentence but the sword is in control now.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"Wait. Did Frostbane tell you to kill this Dragon? Cause it didn't look like a white dragon to me. And aren't all monochromatic dragons evil? Why would an evil sword try to kill evil dragons? Strange."

She continues her pitch. "And if Mystegri isn't a white dragon, you don't need to fight it. And so you can hold off on looting the hoard, right? I'm not saying don't loot it, just choose your moment."

Allissa feels herself being pulled by the hoard, Whiskey taking things is terrible peer pressure. She turns her back to face the door, trying to drown out the sounds of rifling through a dragon's hoard. Allissa will place the orb in the indentation and step back.

Return to “Completed Missions”