Gamehole Con 2021

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Gamehole Con 2021

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

https://www.gameholecon.com/

I can’t remember if this topic was started already, but I couldn’t find it in a search, so…

Who’s planning on attending this year?

What is everyone running?

Looking forward to a real live convention this fall!

Here are the 2 games I submitted, if anyone cares. :D https://www.gameholecon.com/events#conI ... tNew=false (the first 2, not the COC)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Gamehole Con 2021

#2 Post by rredmond »

Big Shiny Entertainment?
Sounds familiar:D
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Your games look like fun!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#4 Post by Scott308 »

I think I'll attend. Probably play a game or two. :lol:

I really wanted to play in your Metal Church game, but a friend from out of state is running Pendragon and they overlap. We played in a Pendragon campaign (a couple, actually) back when he lived in Madison, and I told him that was going to be my number one game, so I really can't NOT play it. If you run this at Gary Con, I'm probably only going to go on Saturday but would make this my number 1 priority if it doesn't sell out before I can register.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Scott308 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:21 am I think I'll attend. Probably play a game or two hundred.
FIFY ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:21 am I think I'll attend. Probably play a game or two. :lol:

I really wanted to play in your Metal Church game, but a friend from out of state….
I guess I can omit all the parts I designed specifically for you and whatever shirt you were wearing then. :lol:

Ron’s right! I looked at your schedule. You are a lunatic! :cool:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rex wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:19 pm Your games look like fun!
Thanks!

I hear Wisconsin is beautiful in October. If you fancy a lengthy trip, I could hold a seat for you. ;)

Scott308

#8 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:09 pm
Scott308 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:21 am I think I'll attend. Probably play a game or two. :lol:

I really wanted to play in your Metal Church game, but a friend from out of state….
I guess I can omit all the parts I designed specifically for you and whatever shirt you were wearing then. :lol:
Seriously? You actually designed parts of the adventure for me? If so, I HAVE to play this one. Dammit, Rob! :lol: Now I have to readjust my schedule. And I got my daughter to play Pendragon with me. She did mention your game, so she probably wouldn't mind switching. I can pick up another one of Ed's games earlier in the day, so that won't be too big a hassle. Figures- 2000 events, and three of the top 4 games I want to play overlap.
Ron’s right! I looked at your schedule. You are a lunatic! :cool:
I am going to add another game on Sunday, just haven't figured out what I want to play yet. Besides, this is easy- I'm only playing for 17 straight hours at the most. Last Gamehole, I had a 40 hour stretch.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

One of my brothers lives in Wisconsin, usually visit in November so we can hunt.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:03 am Seriously? You actually designed parts of the adventure for me?
No, not really. (that's why I put the laughing emoji afterwards) :mrgreen:

You don't need to switch anything around for my sake, but if you really are interested in playing in it, I will be running a play test at sometime before the con. Probably early October, if you think you could make that instead.

I didn't even know Ed moved out of the Madison area.

Scott308

#11 Post by Scott308 »

Yeah, he retired earlier this year and moved back to Michigan. His mom's getting up there in years, so he moved in to help her out.

Scott308

#12 Post by Scott308 »

I do want to play it. Maybe I'll have to see if I can drive up to play test it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#13 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:26 pm I do want to play it. Maybe I'll have to see if I can drive up to play test it.
That works!

I will keep you posted when I get the possible dates figured out.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rex wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:24 am One of my brothers lives in Wisconsin, usually visit in November so we can hunt.
That's right. I thought I remembered you saying that you had ties here.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

Yup, usually visit every year but Covid messed it up last year and work has this year.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by dmw71 »

I'm still on the fence about whether I'll be actually attending the con this year. The idea of being crammed into a confined space with so many people, even with this:
Finally, this seems like a good time to restate our main Covid policy. Unless you are younger than 12 years old and therefore not eligible for the vaccine, you must be vaccinated or you cannot attend Gamehole Con. We hope that this has been made abundantly clear. We are not willing to put our younger attendees or anyone else at unnecessary or avoidable risk.
One of my biggest "complaints" about the first (and last) time I attended was how crowded it was. I only played in one game, but the room was PACKED with tables, and every table was fun.

While I'm probably worth more to my family dead than alive -- I'm only half-joking -- I'm still not sure how comfortable I am about willingly subjecting myself to that environment again. Not yet.

If anything, I'll probably explore the Virtual Gamehole Con options.
Scott308 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:26 pm I do want to play it. Maybe I'll have to see if I can drive up to play test it.
Rob runs an awesome game! Here and there.

I was able to spectate on one of his for maybe an hour or so in 2019 and his group definitely had fun.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:33 am Here are the 2 games I submitted, if anyone cares. :D https://www.gameholecon.com/events#conI ... tNew=false (the first 2, not the COC)
Rob (or Scott, or anyone), are you familiar with the rooms where your games will be held?

Kegonsa - Table 195
Boardroom - Table 186

Schedule-wise, your Thursday game (Metal Church) works better for me.
Even though, as has been established, I would almost certainly fall into the "hairspray posers" category before I would "role-playing metalheads" group. :lol:
Weekends are tougher for me, but the description of your To Air is Human game sound really cool, too, though!
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for the kind words, Dave! I totally understand your situation and respect any decision you make. No shame in being cautious.

Kegonsa is right next to the room I ran the game you saw at the last con. 7-8 tables or so.

The Boardroom is the all glass room that overlooks the convention center, where the special guest games are run. Only 6 tables in there, I think.

Return to “General RPG discussion”