(004) Raid on Goblintown

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

(004) Raid on Goblintown

#1 Post by Eris »

The party jogs down the road toward the burning town. You see a group of horses tethered north of the town and as you get a little closer you begin to hear the sounds of metal clashing on metal and see figures shooting arrows from rooftops of several buildings on the town's north side.

The town's northern section is covered in smoke and it looks like a dozen wooden buildings are ablaze. When he enter the town along the road you come upon a Goblin, with an arrow in his leg. He is being tended by another goblin. This Goblin has a chainmail shirt on and is wearing a fine purple robe over it. He is also tall for a Goblin. He raises his short sword and shield to defend himself then says.

"You aren't Orcs!" he calls to you, "Orcs are raiding my town! Will you help us fight them off?"

Giving you a shrewd look he adds, "I'll pay you 20 gold for every pair of Orc ears you bring me!"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (004) Raid on Goblintown

#2 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 pm The party jogs down the road toward the burning town. You see a group of horses tethered north of the town and as you get a little closer you begin to hear the sounds of metal clashing on metal and see figures shooting arrows from rooftops of several buildings on the town's north side.

The town's northern section is covered in smoke and it looks like a dozen wooden buildings are ablaze. When he enter the town along the road you come upon a Goblin, with an arrow in his leg. He is being tended by another goblin. This Goblin has a chainmail shirt on and is wearing a fine purple robe over it. He is also tall for a Goblin. He raises his short sword and shield to defend himself then says.

"You aren't Orcs!" he calls to you, "Orcs are raiding my town! Will you help us fight them off?"

Giving you a shrewd look he adds, "I'll pay you 20 gold for every pair of Orc ears you bring me!"
"Of course we will," Des said, unlimbering his axe.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:06 pm
"Of course we will," Des said, unlimbering his axe.
Eodrien removes the cover from her waraxe, then takes her heavy crossbow in hand. She sets an iron pile-tipped bolt in the weapon and nods to Des. "Lead the way,"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 pm The party jogs down the road toward the burning town. You see a group of horses tethered north of the town and as you get a little closer you begin to hear the sounds of metal clashing on metal and see figures shooting arrows from rooftops of several buildings on the town's north side.

Valerin's face breaks into a smile, more of a baring of fangs than anything else, "Gladly." he unlimbers his bow and rides towards the combat...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by ateno »

Darian leaves the Light crossbow with the caravan, and calls Kazan and Kazan, Guard, telling him to guard close to me.

Unlimbers a dart and follows the fighters into town.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by bruce.desertrat »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:01 am

Valerin's face breaks into a smile, more of a baring of fangs than anything else, "Gladly." he unlimbers his bow and rides towards the combat...
Valerin pulls up and returns to the Caravan. He surveys their current position...how exposed are they? Is this spot defensible? Wouldn't do for all the fighters employed to guard the caravan to rush off to join the battle. Are we the only fighters?

"Ho! " He shouts "Des, Eodrien, Darrian! We would be rushing to a battle, leaving a large prize unguarded for whomever comes along! A prize we are employed to guard!"
Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by terrymixon »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:52 am
bruce.desertrat wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:01 am

Valerin pulls up and returns to the Caravan. He surveys their current position...how exposed are they? Is this spot defensible? Wouldn't do for all the fighters employed to guard the caravan to rush off to join the battle. Are we the only fighters?

"Ho! " He shouts "Des, Eodrien, Darrian! We would be rushing to a battle, leaving a large prize unguarded for whomever comes along! A prize we are employed to guard!"
“Spoilsport,” Des muttered, turning back… for now.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:01 am“Spoilsport,” Des muttered, turning back… for now.
Eodrien halts and turns to look at the caravan. "How many do we have to send forward?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:13 am
terrymixon wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:01 am“Spoilsport,” Des muttered, turning back… for now.
Eodrien halts and turns to look at the caravan. "How many do we have to send forward?"
Valerin says "Thats what we need to determine. If the caravan can defend itself here , it would be best to fight the battle over in town rather than wait for the fight to play out, but we need to make sure there are not more Orc forces hiding in the Fields, hills, ? around us. "

He turns to Ross. "Do you know that one?" he gestures to the wounded high ranking goblin. "Wouldn't do to have him set us off towards town, only to call his men from the bushes."

A thief, cynical? moi??? :D
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:30 am
joertexas wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:13 am
Valerin says "Thats what we need to determine. If the caravan can defend itself here , it would be best to fight the battle over in town rather than wait for the fight to play out, but we need to make sure there are not more Orc forces hiding in the Fields, hills, ? around us. "

He turns to Ross. "Do you know that one?" he gestures to the wounded high ranking goblin. "Wouldn't do to have him set us off towards town, only to call his men from the bushes."

A thief, cynical? moi??? :D
Ross nods, "It looks like the fire and fighting is only in the northern part of town. I'll take the caravan to the southern part and form a laager there. We can defend ourselves. You, he points to Valerin, Eodrien, Des, Darren, Magdal, Callista and Frank, you go help King Boso with his Orc problem!"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:59 amRoss nods, "It looks like the fire and fighting is only in the northern part of town. I'll take the caravan to the southern part and form a laager there. We can defend ourselves. You, he points to Valerin, Eodrien, Des, Darren, Magdal, Callista and Frank, you go help King Boso with his Orc problem!"
Eodrien looks up at Des, who towers a foot over her. "You heard the man, let's go!"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:59 am
Ross nods, "It looks like the fire and fighting is only in the northern part of town. I'll take the caravan to the southern part and form a laager there. We can defend ourselves. You, he points to Valerin, Eodrien, Des, Darren, Magdal, Callista and Frank, you go help King Boso with his Orc problem!"
As they ride towards the fighting Valerin studies the area outside the area of fighting. Coming at the orcs from behind would maximise their surprise. He gets his salvaged Redcap arrows ready. Confusion won't hurt at all.
Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:27 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:59 amRoss nods, "It looks like the fire and fighting is only in the northern part of town. I'll take the caravan to the southern part and form a laager there. We can defend ourselves. You, he points to Valerin, Eodrien, Des, Darren, Magdal, Callista and Frank, you go help King Boso with his Orc problem!"
Eodrien looks up at Des, who towers a foot over her. "You heard the man, let's go!"
He grins and starts trotting for the fight. He'll pay attention to the rest of the party so that they hit the same area at around the same time. Coordination wasn't so good last time and he wants to have maximum effect.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:14 pmHe grins and starts trotting for the fight. He'll pay attention to the rest of the party so that they hit the same area at around the same time. Coordination wasn't so good last time and he wants to have maximum effect.
Eodrien takes a moment to admire the view, and then she lopes off after the warrior.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (004) Raid on Goblintown (Des, Eodrien, Darren, Kazan, Frank)

#15 Post by Eris »

Present: Des, Eodrien, Darren, Kazan and Frank

Didn't see what Terry rolled so I rolled 6+2 for Des
Didn't see what JR rolled, so I rolled 4+0 for Eodrien
ateno, we're going to reroll 1's (this turn at least), so I rerolled 2+0

All of you can do an action (generally an attack) and a move (6 squares) in either order (action then move or move then action). Please, give me your move in E4N2 format, meaning you moved east 4 and north 2. No diagonals! All the Orcs have an AC of 12, so you can roll an attack (see below the map) and damage if you want when you include your movement. If you want me to roll to hit and damage, don't include rolls in your post.

You can attempt to climb up on a roof or run along streets or through alleys. If you want to enter a building you can, but it takes 2 movement for each square you move inside (doors, windows, furniture, etc slow you down). Only one PC/NPC can occupy a square.

Des grins and starts trotting for the fight. He'll pay attention to the rest of the party so that they hit the same area at around the same time. Coordination wasn't so good last time and he wants to have maximum effect.

Eodrien takes a moment to admire the view, and then she lopes off after the warrior.

Darren and Kazan follow Eodrien and Des.

"I'll pay you 20 gold for every pair of Orc ears you bring me!" is what the Goblin king said to you and you have it firmly in mind as you head for the fight!

Des, Eodrien and Darren enter the western edge of the town and turn north toward the burning buildings and the sound of fighting.

"This way!" shouts Frank as he is already engaged with a large Orc in an alleyway between two of the buildings to Des, Eodrien and Darren's left. All three of you see an Orc on the roof of a one story building to your right and ahead with a bow. He is firing his bow down into the street further to your left. You see a second Orc leaving a door one block ahead of you with a big bag of loot over his shoulder.

Like this:

Each square is 5 feet!

Frank HP 16/16
Darian HP 6/6
Kazan HP 11/11
Des HP 18/18
Eodrien HP 14/14
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (004) Raid on Goblintown (Valerin)

#16 Post by Eris »

Present: Valerin

All of you can do an action (generally an attack) and a move (30 feet/6 squares) in either order (action then move or move then action). No map for Valerin this turn, so just tell me what you do. All the Orcs have an AC of 12, so you can roll an attack and damage if you want when you include your movement. If you want me to roll to hit and damage, don't include rolls in your post just tell me what you want to do.

You can attempt to climb up on a roof or run along streets or through alleys. If you want to enter a building you can, but it takes 2 movement for each square you move inside (doors, windows, furniture, etc slow you down). Only one PC/NPC can occupy a square (once you see a map).

As he rides towards the fighting Valerin studies the area outside the area of fighting. Coming at the orcs from behind would maximise their surprise. He gets his salvaged Redcap arrows ready. Confusion won't hurt at all. Valerin loses the others who are not on horseback and when he comes into the town he doesn't see any of the others, he just sees a few Goblin soldiers fighting with Orcs. Valerin thinks the others must be a street or two south of him.

Valerin dismounts and slaps his horse's hind quarters to send it running back away from the fighting. Ahead of him he sees an Orc (O4) on a building to his left and another Orc (O5) two houses down on his right. O4 is firing at a group of 4 Goblins fighting against six Orcs(O6-O11) 60 feet ahead in the middle of the street. O5 is firing almost straight down toward an alley to Valerin's left.

What does Valerin do?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:50 pm"This way!" shouts Frank as he is already engaged with a large Orc in an alleyway between two of the buildings to Des, Eodrien and Darren's left. All three of you see an Orc on the roof of a one story building to your right and ahead with a bow. He is firing his bow down into the street further to your left. You see a second Orc leaving a door one block ahead of you with a big bag of loot over his shoulder.
Eodrien halts, shoulders her heavy crossbow, aims, and fires on the rooftop orc.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:50 pm Present: Des, Eodrien, Darren, Kazan and Frank

Didn't see what Terry rolled so I rolled 6+2 for Des
Didn't see what JR rolled, so I rolled 4+0 for Eodrien
ateno, we're going to reroll 1's (this turn at least), so I rerolled 2+0

All of you can do an action (generally an attack) and a move (6 squares) in either order (action then move or move then action). Please, give me your move in E4N2 format, meaning you moved east 4 and north 2. No diagonals! All the Orcs have an AC of 12, so you can roll an attack (see below the map) and damage if you want when you include your movement. If you want me to roll to hit and damage, don't include rolls in your post.

You can attempt to climb up on a roof or run along streets or through alleys. If you want to enter a building you can, but it takes 2 movement for each square you move inside (doors, windows, furniture, etc slow you down). Only one PC/NPC can occupy a square.

Des grins and starts trotting for the fight. He'll pay attention to the rest of the party so that they hit the same area at around the same time. Coordination wasn't so good last time and he wants to have maximum effect.

Darren and Kazan follow Eodrien and Des.

"I'll pay you 20 gold for every pair of Orc ears you bring me!" is what the Goblin king said to you and you have it firmly in mind as you head for the fight!

Des, Eodrien and Darren enter the western edge of the town and turn north toward the burning buildings and the sound of fighting.

"This way!" shouts Frank as he is already engaged with a large Orc in an alleyway between two of the buildings to Des, Eodrien and Darren's left. All three of you see an Orc on the roof of a one story building to your right and ahead with a bow. He is firing his bow down into the street further to your left. You see a second Orc leaving a door one block ahead of you with a big bag of loot over his shoulder.

Like this:

Each square is 5 feet!

Frank HP 16/16
Darian HP 6/6
Kazan HP 11/11
Des HP 18/18
Eodrien HP 14/14
Since Des can’t get past Frank as I understand the movement rules, though he’d rather help him, he will move e4 and attack O3. I can’t figure out how to attack past Frank with a two handed axe and he probably wouldn’t like my lopping his arm off.
Last edited by terrymixon on Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: (004) Raid on Goblintown (Valerin)

#19 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:04 pm Present: Valerin

All of you can do an action (generally an attack) and a move (30 feet/6 squares) in either order (action then move or move then action). No map for Valerin this turn, so just tell me what you do. All the Orcs have an AC of 12, so you can roll an attack and damage if you want when you include your movement. If you want me to roll to hit and damage, don't include rolls in your post just tell me what you want to do.

You can attempt to climb up on a roof or run along streets or through alleys. If you want to enter a building you can, but it takes 2 movement for each square you move inside (doors, windows, furniture, etc slow you down). Only one PC/NPC can occupy a square (once you see a map).

As he rides towards the fighting Valerin studies the area outside the area of fighting. Coming at the orcs from behind would maximise their surprise. He gets his salvaged Redcap arrows ready. Confusion won't hurt at all. Valerin loses the others who are not on horseback and when he comes into the town he doesn't see any of the others, he just sees a few Goblin soldiers fighting with Orcs. Valerin thinks the others must be a street or two south of him.

Valerin dismounts and slaps his horse's hind quarters to send it running back away from the fighting. Ahead of him he sees an Orc (O4) on a building to his left and another Orc (O5) two houses down on his right. O4 is firing at a group of 4 Goblins fighting against six Orcs(O6-O11) 60 feet ahead in the middle of the street. O5 is firing almost straight down toward an alley to Valerin's left.

What does Valerin do?
Valerin aims at O4 and lets fly.

[1d20]=8 +1 =9
Blade.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by ateno »

Pointing, "Kazan Attack".

Kazan will E5 - N1 and attack O3

Darrian will follow Kazan going S1 - E5

Will wait to see if the Orc survives the attack of Des and Kazan, if so he will throw a dart.

Darrian

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”