The Secret Base of Iuz

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Secret Base of Iuz

#321 Post by hedgeknight »

Below the Chimney...Burning and Burning!

As soon as the big Orc falls, Montego, Cassius, and Muldgarr drop their weapons and begin the agonizing process of doffing their armor...but the searing pain of the Orc's spell combusts clothing and padding and the screams of the heroes echo all through the caverns. Muldgarr howls and collapses, while the ranger and the archer writhe on the floor in agony.
Searing heat: [2d4]=5

Sai hurries in to bandage wounds...but the armor of his companions is so hot, he can't really even touch them without scalding his fingers and hands.
(Does he try anyway?)

Kranston teeters and falls over, unable to move. Dorin and young Farkus do not know what to do to help, but the blacksmith quickly removes his waterskin and dumps the contents all over the heroes (to no avail) while Farkus gags and tries not to puke from the smell of burning flesh.

Actions?

STATS:
Cassius(18/32; AC 0)
Kranston (12/17; AC 5)
Montego: (21/35; AC 1)
Muldgarr (-3/11; AC 6): dying
Sai (22/25; AC -1)
Dorin:
Farkus:
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#322 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai
After hearing all the yelling and smelling the burnt flesh, Sai stops before touching the injured and head to the Orc Priest. Hopeing it will stop the spell, Sai moves to the Orc and pulls it's own sword from it's body and removes it's head at the shoulders.

Dorin and Farkin don't just stand there help then get that armor off. Muldgarr first since he is down. Use your cloaks or gloves.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#323 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Montego continues to tear off his armor, cutting the straps open if it will expediate the process.

He growls as his flesh is burnt by the hot metal, wondering how much more of this he can take.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

He works to remove the armor, rolling on the dirt to try and stop the flames. "IT BURNS!! OH GODS IT BURNS!!"

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#325 Post by Hotgoblin »

Muldgarr rids himself of any unnecessary metal.

Not sure if it matters, but Muldgarr is wearing leather armor.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by hedgeknight »

Hotgoblin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:49 pm Not sure if it matters, but Muldgarr is wearing leather armor.
Your sheet says "Studded leather & greaves" under Inventory.
Lower on the sheet it says "Leather armor..." (first time I've noticed this).
Which is he wearing?
Winter is coming...

Hotgoblin

#327 Post by Hotgoblin »

Muldgarr Oops....wearing the studded leather, not sure why I had it listed twice, sorry about that! :oops: Corrected character sheet as well.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by hedgeknight »

Below the Chimney (Rds 5 & 6) - Searing Pain, Charred Flesh!

"IT BURNS!! OH GODS IT BURNS!!"
The smell of charred flesh and the screams of the heroes writhing on the floor fills the caverns of the Cragson Mines. Wrapping their hands, Dorin and Farkus heed Sai's instructions and begin to unbuckle and peel the armor off of their companions. Still...the burns are bad...really bad. And for some, the damage is worse.
Heat metal dmg: [2d4]=4
Heat metal dmg: [1d4]=2
Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:01 pm Cassius
Save vs Spell (16): [1d20]=14
Hotgoblin wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:51 pm Muldgarr
Save vs Spell (17) [1d20]=11
* On the final round of searing, the afflicted creature must roll a successful saving throw vs. spell or suffer one of the following disabilities: hand or foot--becomes unusable for 2d4 days; body--becomes disabled for 1d4 days; head--fall unconscious for 1d4 turns. This effect can be completely removed by the 6th-level priest spell heal spell or by normal rest. PHB

Searing dmg to Cassius: [1d3]=2
Searing dmg to Muldgarr: [1d3]=1

Muldgarr's sword hand is blistered and blackened, oozing blood, while Cassius's upper body is covered in blisters and weeping sores. Young Farkus staggers to the far wall and pukes...again.
Muldgarr is barely breathing...

"Art thou alright, my friends?" comes the voice of Adelphocleas, still on guard in the previous chamber.

STATS:
Cassius(12/32; AC 0)
Kranston (12/17; AC 5)
Montego: (15/35; AC 1)
Muldgarr (-9/11; AC 6): dying
Sai (22/25; AC -1)
Dorin: -6
Farkus: -6
Winter is coming...

Hotgoblin

#330 Post by Hotgoblin »

Muldgarr barely able to move his lips, whispers...Help me...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Moves in and grabs his healing bag. Pulling a Mortal and Pestal from his healing bag. Dumps a vial of water into the mix and makes a thick paste. he then smears the paste onto Muldgarr's hand and wraps it in a bandage.

I am sorry my friend but I have no healing left for this day. In the morning I will fix you. The rest of you secure this place, These two are not going any where on their own power. Someone take those two undead abominations out of here and grab anything of value and bring it in here. Adolphius we are pretty beat up in here.

He moves to Cassius and does the same to his upper body. Bandaging his upper body and covering the burns.

Well we have two choices. One we stay here and heal up or two we get the hell out of here back to the others. We are weakened and I have no healing to get us back up. There is no telling how many more Orc's are down here and we can't take much more. But we are close. What does everyone want to do? Look around for any potions that may be here, check that chest in the hall too.
Last edited by Darklin2 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I'm taking disabled to mean that he can't really move on his own right now.

Cassius

He winces as he tries to move. "Hand me my sword. I can still kill orcs...if they get close." Cassius groans and tenses as he reaches out, causing more grimacing and tears to appear. Finally, he decides to stop and rest. "I'm just going to stand guard for a bit. You know, keep an eye out."

He looks over at his beloved armor, now a traitorous melted mess. More tears form. "I can travel. I think. Muldgarr may not be able. If he stays, I stay."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#333 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If/when Montego gets his metal off, he helps relieve the others misery in any way he can, pouring his water skin over any really bad burns.

“Why was this orcish fool just sitting in here while his entire clan was being slaughtered? Something doesn’t seem right to me about all of this!”

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by hedgeknight »

Below the Chimney...Aftermath

Help me...
Muldgarr is barely breathing, on the doorstep of death, and his hands are blistered and swollen terribly. Sai kneels down beside him with his healing bag and begins mixing a poultice. I am sorry my friend but I have no healing left for this day. In the morning I will fix you. The rest of you secure this place, These two are not going any where on their own power. Someone take those two undead abominations out of here and grab anything of value and bring it in here. Adolphius we are pretty beat up in here.
Dorin and Farkus grab the undead and drag them out of the hallway, into the chamber where Adelphocleas is waiting. The centaur recoils at the sight of the hideous corpses and jabs each one a few times with a makeshift spear.

Cassius is worse off than Muldgarr; his stomach and back feel as if they have melted away and when Sai kneels down beside him, it is difficult for the multi-talented healer to even look at his companion. The burns are deep red, even blackened in spots, and Sai knows the archer will carry the scars for the rest of his life.
"Hand me my sword. I can still kill orcs...if they get close." Cassius groans and tenses as he reaches out, causing more grimacing and tears to appear. Finally, he decides to stop and rest. "I'm just going to stand guard for a bit. You know, keep an eye out."
Sai shakes his head. Well we have two choices. One we stay here and heal up or two we get the hell out of here back to the others. We are weakened and I have no healing to get us back up. There is no telling how many more Orc's are down here and we can't take much more. But we are close. What does everyone want to do? Look around for any potions that may be here, check that chest in the hall too.
Cassius hisses and winces at Sai bathes his burns with the poultice, looking at his ruined armor. "I can travel. I think. Muldgarr may not be able. If he stays, I stay."
"Travel me ass!" Dorin says stepping back into the chamber. "Ye can barely sit up, much less walk outta here. We need to hole up for a bit. Set guards, get a fire going."

Montego is a bit luckier than his other companions, and even though it hurts to move or pick anything up, the stout ranger can manage. As he pours cool water over his blistered hands, he wonders aloud:
“Why was this orcish fool just sitting in here while his entire clan was being slaughtered? Something doesn’t seem right to me about all of this!”

Farkus staggers back into the chamber lugging the chest from the previous room. Dorin helps him set it down and the young Half-Orc steps back and stretches. "Adel says he ain't comin' in here," he says with a jerk of his thumb in the direction of the corridor. "But he did bust the lock off the chest for us."

chest.gif
chest.gif (53.36 KiB) Viewed 461 times

The chest is filled with coins both silver and gold. There are also a few gems gleaming in the torch light. A thin metal box is tucked into one corner holding three vials with a blue liquid. There is a small pouch of beautiful pearls, an ornate ring of iron, having the head of a ram on it. There are two daggers, a small brass horn, and a small box...containing a tiny insect...perhaps a fly, carved from obsidian.

STATS:
Cassius(12/32; AC 0)
Kranston (12/17; AC 5)
Montego: (15/35; AC 1)
Muldgarr (-9/11; AC 6): stable
Sai (22/25; AC -1)
Dorin: -6
Farkus: -6
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#335 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

It would appear the Orc was some kind of Priest. Probably figured his god would protect him. Well do we have enough spears and blankets to make a litter to get Muldgarr back to the others. We could lock down up in the fresh air instead of down here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#337 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Montego gasps at the open chest, looking over the strange fly in awe, thinking he might have heard of such an item somewhere before.

Noticing that Kranston hasn't moved much recently, he looks the dwarf over a little closer. "Are you quite all right, master dwarf? Would you like me to drag the chest a little closer to you?" He sets the brass horn on his chest, but not close to his lips.

The huge ranger shakes his head at the dire situation, plucking the potions from the spoils for a sniff and a taste of each. "These potions could be the healing elixir we need to get us out of this place."

If they do indeed appear to be related to healing of some kind, he will administer one each to Muldgarr and Cassius, if they agree.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

He nods his agreement, his breaths causing him immeasurable pain at the moment. How is the pain getting worse?!

Hotgoblin

#339 Post by Hotgoblin »

Muldgarr whispers to Montego...I drink....I drink...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#340 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

If they except the risk, fine by me. I'll take a dagger and those pearls to use to identify everything when we get back to the fort. Split the gold up and I will take my share in pearls for use later in my magic.

Return to “Previous Adventures”