Ch. 1: Finding the entrance to the Tomb

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Inside The Tomb (game thread)

#201 Post by max_vale »

Xale will come over and offer his somewhat diminutive shoulder to lean on if Halbrad needs it as they move out of the fake tunnel. "It appears as if you might have injured your leg there; would you like some healing?"; the Dwarf offers the warrior....
Last edited by max_vale on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#202 Post by Vargr1105 »

"Nay, 'tis not even a flesh wound, just a bump. Serves me right fer shoving me foot to a bleedin' stoen wall it did. It be getting haler a'ready, see? The limpin' be gone in a moment more."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#203 Post by Nuke66 »

Mason follows the rest out.

"Interesting way to construct a tomb. Tricky son of a bitch."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#204 Post by Distorted Humor »

there must be a third way in. Glad we didn't have any casualties. But as I said, this is what a good criminal is useful for, to set off traps. elsa smiles, showing the teeth that is her mothers heritage.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#205 Post by Bhart »

NJWilliam wrote:Worren calls to the others, "Seems this book has a map to another entrance - one with frescos -- and another trap . . ."

He then sends Edgar the hawk to fly over the area where the map indicates the frescoed entrance lies.
Edgar is unable to see anything due to the stone ledge that overhangs the eroding cliff face.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#206 Post by Bhart »

Worren shares the book with the rest of you. After reading the ominous entries and checking the hand drawn map you find the area where the entrance should be. It is a section of the hill side between the two tunnels, an area you already searched. Having a second look and probing at the area still reveals nothing. If it is here the entrance is buried deeper than the previous two were.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#207 Post by Bhart »

zebediah wrote:The druid looks around thinking of how much time the group has already spent without finding a way in.

Listen you all, I can try to call upon the assistance of the elemental forces. It is a mighty conjuration that I will not be able to repeat today but if I can bring this being to our assistance he will be able to search this area for us and hopefully indicate the way to the tomb. If there is a way, that is, I am already pondering it the place is not completely sealed...
I don't see a response on this from other members of the party. Do you want to proceed with the summoning anyway?

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#208 Post by zebediah »

As the group seems to have find what we believe to be the location of the real entrance Zoster will not use his spell at the moment.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#209 Post by Nuke66 »

"Well, no sense in dallying, we're burnin' daylight."

The monk spits into his hands before rubbing them together. Climbing up the side of the hill, he starts to clear it off.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#210 Post by Bhart »

The work is hard and tiring. Long shadows are cast by the setting sun before the third entrance is cleared. Before you is a hallway...

Even a bit of daylight entering through a crawl space or a torch will reveal that this is an unusual tunnel. Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide (the line snaking its way south down the corridor) easily visible to the onlooker. No stonework can be seen on the walls or the ceiling 20' above, for some sort of cement or plaster has been smoothed over all of these surfaces and then illustrated. The scenes painted show fields with kine grazing, a copse with several wolves in the background, slaves (human, orc, elven, and strange human-animal mixture - pig-human, ape human, and dog-human) going about various tasks. Some of the frescoes show rooms of some building - a libraryfilled with many books and scrolls, a torture chamber, a wizard's work room. There are chairs, windows, boxes, bales, doors, chests, birds, bats, spiders and all manner of things shown on the walls.

The hour is late. Do you press on or wait until morning to enter?
Attachments
illus3.png
illus3.png (854.72 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
toh1.png
toh1.png (262.18 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by max_vale »

Xale strokes his beard thoughtfully as he peers into the tunnel and says; "I believe we have found the true entrance at last; well done my friends." Glancing a the lateness of the day however; he then asks; "Though; considering the hour; perhaps we should rest for the evening and then start out explorations in the morning? What say you all?"

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#212 Post by MrHemlocks »

"I agree. We should rest up for tomorrow for it's going to be one hell of day for us all. Let gather some wood and build a main fire and a few smaller fires in the general area surrounding the camp. This way we can see if anything is approaching us sooner. Unless we have a means to seal this opening back up I suggest we stay close to it to better our chances of hearing or seeing anything that might come from within."
If no objections than Fosco will go and gather some wood...

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#213 Post by NJWilliam »

Worren says to his companions,"If the plan is to rest the night, I will conjure a secure shelter for us."

Once the party is prepared to settle down, he will then cast Leomund's Secure Shelter.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#214 Post by zebediah »

Yes, the hour is late indeed says the druid still, I will try to magically obtain more information about this place before resting for the night.
Bhart, I will pm you the spells Zoster intends to cast.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#215 Post by Nuke66 »

"Rest would be appropriate, time to recover."

Mason waits until the plan is enacted before moving.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#216 Post by Bhart »

Everyone enjoys the comfort of Worren's conjured cottage for the evening. You all awake refreshed the next morning to breakfast of hot porridge, crispy bacon, and tea, prepared by Elden and his men.

Spell casters please post the spells you are preparing for today.

We will resume in the new thread.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Finding the entrance to the Tomb

#217 Post by NJWilliam »

Same set of memorized spells as before.

Before setting out, Worren will cast Stoneskin and Deeppockets.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Finding the entrance to the Tomb

#218 Post by Distorted Humor »

Refreshed Elsa dons her gear, after oiling everying. She has the sense that it might be of use today.

Return to “Party 1”