Ch. 1: Finding the entrance to the Tomb

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Inside The Tomb (game thread)

#181 Post by Distorted Humor »

Elsa will find atake her iron spikes and try to spike stop the slideing rock, and if that fails, tries to delay the wall with her STR to at least delay the door while screaming "Run you maggots, RUN!!"

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#182 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:Halbrad looks dumbfounded at the huge moving block of stone.

"Holy crimeny! Bloody corridor a-closin' on us!"

As actions explodes around him he considers for a moment running to the closing exit; then remember he is wearing full plate armor, recalls something else, and decides on a different course of action.

"Don't ye worry fer me fellas. I got a way of getting outs of here on me own later..."

Readying his enchanted polearm he takes position in front of the hinged door on the left.

"...but not before, checking wot's behind...HERE!"

Halbrad's mighty kick splinters wood. The shattered door hangs partly open revealing a solid stone wall just a few feet behind it.
Heaving his frame he attempts to kick the door in.

ooc: as needed:

Open doors roll (1-4): [1d6] = 3

Bend bars/Lift gates roll (25%): [1d100] = 48

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#183 Post by Vargr1105 »

A warrior's resounding cry of fury heard even above the din of scurrying feet and grinding stone.

"BOLLOCKS!!!" shouts Halbrad.

"Well, in a fer a copper in fer a gold, as mom used t'say."

Taking position he attempts the same procedure on the right-hand door.

Open doors roll (1-4): [1d6] = 5

Bend bars/Lift gates roll (25%): [1d100] = 68

ooc: bollocks! :)

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#184 Post by Bhart »

Fosco leaps back and turns to run for it, but the halfling stumbles and falls on his face. He scrambles back to his feet and sprints with unnatural speed provided by his magic boots. The moving block is more than halfway across the hall at this point and accelerating. Things look grim for the little thief.

Halbrad make no effort to run and moves to the door and kicks it in. Meanwhile Mason frantically reaches into his bag of holding and hauls forth a chest. He fumbles with the latch and finally throws the lid open and starts searching for the metal wedges. While the monk is delayed Elsa rushes forward with spikes in hand while Zoster begins his long and complex spell. Elsa skids to a stop as she realizes she'll never make it in time. The massive stone block slams into the handful of large rocks that Xale and Mason had tossed against the wall. They hold it at bay for the moment leaving a narrow gap.

This buys Fosco just enough time to scurry through the narrow space between the west wall and the massive stone block. He's about half way through when he hears a cracking sound as some of the rocks begin to crumble under the relentless pressure. The halfling's life flashes before his eyes as the stone block moves again and pushes him against the east wall. Fosco is pinned and can't move, he hears more rocks beginning to crack and the the stone wall presses on him even more squeezing the breath from him and squashing his nose.

Long moments pass, he closes his eyes waiting to be crushed to death but suddenly there is a flash and a loud BLORP! Fosco is buried in a wave of mud as Zoster completes his rock to mud spell just in time.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:A warrior's resounding cry of fury heard even above the din of scurrying feet and grinding stone.

"BOLLOCKS!!!" shouts Halbrad.

"Well, in a fer a copper in fer a gold, as mom used t'say."

Taking position he attempts the same procedure on the right-hand door.

Open doors roll (1-4): [1d6] = 5

Bend bars/Lift gates roll (25%): [1d100] = 68

ooc: bollocks! :)
Ouch that hurt...Halbrad's leg rings in pain. The door does not give, It was like kicking a brick wall. :)

gray mouser
Strider
Strider

#186 Post by gray mouser »

Bhart wrote:Long moments pass, he closes his eyes waiting to be crushed to death but suddenly there is a flash and a loud BLORP! Fosco is buried in a wave of mud as Zoster completes his rock to mud spell just in time.
Eyeing his companion Malibran says sotto voce, "Thankfully someone saw the light from Pholtus. Springing a trap in a place such as this..."

"Halbrad and Fosco," he then says in his normal voice, "are you both unhurt?" Malibran begins thinking of the words to some of his healing spells in case anyone suffered damage from the door or trap.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#187 Post by MrHemlocks »

"Other than a few bruises and damaged ego...I am fine. That magic trick really saved use back there. Now lets see if we can get into this place."

Looking back at the doors Fosco tries to notice if any changes came about them after the trap was sprung.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#188 Post by Nuke66 »

Mason, mildly impressed with the arcane display, largely ingnors the mus as he scampers over it quickly, joining Fosco at the doors.

Putting his eyes to work, he begins to explore the doors.

"I think we need to just need to figure out how to open it."

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#189 Post by Vargr1105 »

The gang finds Halbrad by the doors nursing his aching leg.

"Blimey...that startl'd me knee."

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#190 Post by Bhart »

Halbrad has already smashed one door and it is plain to see it is a false door leading nowhere. The other stands undamaged save for a dirty boot print on its surface.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by max_vale »

Xale will ask Fosco if he needs any healing (and utilize a Cure Light Wounds spell if he is so inclined) and he will then move to Halbrad's side and examine the false door and the second door; attempting to determine if the wall behind the first door extends behind the other or if there is indeed an opening behind it....

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#192 Post by NJWilliam »

Worren turns his attentions back to the ragged book he was beginning to peruse before the commotion.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#193 Post by MrHemlocks »

Fosco pats Xale on his shoulder. "Save your heals. For I am fine, but thanks for the offer."

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#194 Post by zebediah »

The druid looks around thinking of how much time the group has already spent without finding a way in.

Listen you all, I can try to call upon the assistance of the elemental forces. It is a mighty conjuration that I will not be able to repeat today but if I can bring this being to our assistance he will be able to search this area for us and hopefully indicate the way to the tomb. If there is a way, that is, I am already pondering it the place is not completely sealed...

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#195 Post by Bhart »

MrHemlocks wrote:"Other than a few bruises and damaged ego...I am fine. That magic trick really saved use back there. Now lets see if we can get into this place."

Looking back at the doors Fosco tries to notice if any changes came about them after the trap was sprung.
No changes. One is closed the other is smashed revealing it to be a false door.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#196 Post by Bhart »

NJWilliam wrote:Worren turns his attentions back to the ragged book he was beginning to peruse before the commotion.
The pages are brittle and much of the writing is blurred and ruined by water damage. Toward the middle you find some readable pages...

Aug 10, 525 CY
Yesterday we uncovered a second entrance. It was trapped as the first was but this time with a shifting wall. We lost Corbin. He almost made it but slipped at the last moment and was crushed. I will never be able to forget the sound of his screams and the horrible wet crunch that followed, mercifully it ended quick.

Aug 12, 525 CY
Another entrance uncovered today! This time it must be the true entrance for sure. A strange hall covered in colorful frescoes. When inspecting the ....(words unreadable due to damage)....Sunder fell victim to a......(words unreadable due to damage).....he rests for now under the watchful eye of our healer, but it does not look good for the dwarf.
A hand drawn map accompanies this entry showing a third hall near the center of the hill.

More damaged pages follow and then...
Aug 20, 525 CY
Only myself and Nevil the paladin remain. We are both injured but alive and plan to return to town at first light. I for one will be glad to put this place behind me and try to forget the horrors I have witnessed. Ever since the chapel room Nevil has not seemed himself. Every now and then I catch him giving me a chilling look. Perhaps the stress and fatigue are just getting to him as well. Time to...
The writing stops. The remaining pages are stained with a reddish black splatter.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#197 Post by Bhart »

max_vale wrote:Xale will ask Fosco if he needs any healing (and utilize a Cure Light Wounds spell if he is so inclined) and he will then move to Halbrad's side and examine the false door and the second door; attempting to determine if the wall behind the first door extends behind the other or if there is indeed an opening behind it....
After a few minutes of inspection Xale can tell that both doors are false.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by MrHemlocks »

Dusting off his clothes and drawing his pipe Fosco leaves this entrence.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by NJWilliam »

Worren calls to the others, "Seems this book has a map to another entrance - one with frescos -- and another trap . . ."

He then sends Edgar the hawk to fly over the area where the map indicates the frescoed entrance lies.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#200 Post by Vargr1105 »

Halbrad follows, still limping a bit.

ooc: the book provides a great clue to the real entrance, I say we follow it as soon as Worren shares the data with the party.

Return to “Party 1”