OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Founding Clifftown

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Time To Move
Freeday, 26th of Goodmonth
Early Morning, Overcast, Warm, Buggy

It is decided by the council that a small group of folks will move to the area east of the river and west of the cliff wall to begin clearing trees and eventually settle a new town where the people of Beachtown can move in case of imminent trouble from the riled up dwarves.

Mayor Daisy herself will lead this charge, along with a list of her closest friends and advisors. They set everything they can think of up in the evening for an early start the next morning.

Mayor Daisy
The Princess
Liam
Sir Narramore

Am I missing anyone on this list?

Go ahead and use this thread for any discussion or preparations that still need to happen. Once I get the go ahead on this, we will start moving things along.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Founding Clifftown

#2 Post by Urson »

We're going to need some farmers and general labor, too.
FA FO

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by kruk »

and a couple barrels of the local grog from the treehouse

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

Arrives with his cart and donkey, Jack. He has loaded several of his goods including carpenter's and cartographer's tools, water barrels, and other items he brought with him to the island Joe assured him he could do without. He pats Fiona on the head as he pulls Jack to a stop. Attached to the back of the wagon one a daisy chain lead are the two Zillas.

Hello, everyone. What's our headcount so far?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Moving Sucks!

Marge is there, along with 4 of her water gathering girls and one younger boy in training. Glansandi is there to see the group off as well, but he doesn't intend to go along, and cant afford to send any of his 3 militia men along either.

Caleb and Joe help get the animals tethered together and aid in the tasks of filling the wagon with items. Nallissa comes outside to make sure that her crate of woodworking items goes along. Besides Caleb, 8 other men, mostly made up of farmers, come along with the group. They are the ones who intend to chop down trees and clear a large enough area to begin farming in the better soil.

Caleb inspects the train before asking. "Do you think we will need any more than this starting out? The fishermen said they would meet us on the beach with their boats, so we will have at least 4 more of them with us as well. They will have rope and other materials to construct some kind of river crossing for us."

Actions from anyone coming along?

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

The knight has spent his time polishing and repairing dings and dents in his armor, sharpening his sword, and practicing with his crossbow. All is oiled, secured, and double-checked when he arrives. He smiles at the others and offers a friendly nod. "Good morrow. Are we all here?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Sister Daisy arrives, geared up for the trip. She pauses long enough to say a brief prayer to Arvoreen, asking for blessings and protection, then joins the others.
Good to see everyone! Ah'm ready to go when ya'll are.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

To The Beach

The group is blessed with a prayer before they start out, getting as far as the beach where the wagon train meets up with the fishermen in their boats.

Fisherman Joe waves and calls out to the group from his rowboat just off shore. "We have room for any cargo or passengers, if anyone wants to help row instead of walking."

Actions?

It would be nice to hear from the players who haven't responded yet so I can get an accurate headcount for this one.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

Speaks to Glansandi before they leave. I fully understand. You and your men already have your work cut out for you, besides, we need a level head and some authority left in Beachtown while we pursue this. I believe you are wise to keep yourself and your men here.

I am going to take 4 of my pigeons...
he has them in a separate cage on the cart. That leaves the cock and the one hen brooding more.
I have left Joe with instructions to keep an eye for any that return because they will have messages from me to keep you up to date on anything important that perhaps need a quicker response or is not worth sending a man to deliver in person. I know it isn't much, but it should make for quicker correspondence than by foot anyway and keep men working rather than walking back and forth.
If need be he will give a brief overview of carrier pigeons being used for posts.

Once Caleb and the rest are situated, Liam checks to see if any of them need to load something in the cart of on one of the Zilla's to lighten their burden as well as use it for an excuse to get a general assessment of their health and whether they are armed or not.

When they meet up with the fishermen, he will do the same.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Does The Princess want anything to do with this mission?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I guess I will just keep posting here and see what happens with this thread.

To The River

When the fisherman get no takers to ride with them, they begin rowing along the shoreline towards the river. Fisherman Joe shouts out from the lead boat. "Try to keep up, if ye can!" The fishermen in the rear boat laugh as they row away from the group gathered on the beach.

Leading his ass and cart along the packed sand trail, with the pair of huge green lizards in tow, Liam points out any areas where he has encountered trouble in the past. About half way up the beach, with the boats already well ahead of them, the wagon train is stopped when they see a disturbance up ahead in the sand. The same disturbance that hid the horrible purple sea monster on past visits to this area.

Actions?

Mayor Daisy
Liam

The Princess?
Sir Narramore?
Jobo?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:45 pm About half way up the beach, with the boats already well ahead of them, the wagon train is stopped when they see a disturbance up ahead in the sand. The same disturbance that hid the horrible purple sea monster on past visits to this area.
Liam

Brings everyone to a quick stop. Stop! Everyone! Stop! That is what we were looking out for. That is what we saw last time when the sea creature attacked. That is how it hides it's tenticals in the sand to grab you. Lets back up. We need to find a way to get rid of him...

After they can move back some distance to be safe from the immediate area, Liam looks at the others. Okay, so now that we are away... hopefully a safe distance... Here is my idea. We can't take the cart through the trees over there... but we can move people. The creatures tenticals go from the water to the treeline. Maybe we can move inside the trees and find the end of his reach. Take a hack at them with an ax or something and use the trees to protect ourselves a bit more from him just grabbing us. Maybe it will be enough to get him to leave and clear our path. I'll be honest, I don't know how persistent the creature is, but it is all I can come up with. I'll volunteer to do it, but I want the bulk of you to move the cart and goods farther back, just in case... unless of course, someone has a better idea, and I really hope someone does.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah don't have any better ideas, sugar- but Ah kin at least make sure ya'll ain't doing it alone. She hesitates. Ah wonder if that thing is big and dumb enough to try and tackle a Zilla? An' Ah wonder what a Zilla would do in response?
FA FO

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

Narramore walks with the others, remaining near the center of the party in hopes of responding quickly to threats from any direction. When they reach the sand, he frowns and reaches for his sword.

"I've no better ideas, Master Liam, so I shall remain wary lest this beast climb ashore and pluck us from the treeline."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

To The River

Liam wisely stops the group before they get too close, finding it nearly impossible to make a huge lizard walk backwards. With the 2 boats already well ahead of them after recently passing this area, the former nobleman starts ushering a few of the groups members through the detour in the jungle. In small groups, and with the help of the huge paladin, they make it past this disturbed area without incident, possibly indicating that the sea monster has already moved on. Or, possibly it isn't that hungry right now. Sleeping maybe? It is difficult to say.

Eventually, the entire party of water gatherers, farmers, woodcutters, and anyone else who wants to go is safely around the disturbance and back on the sand trail beyond it. This leaves only the donkey, the cart, and both lizards yet to cross.

Actions?

Mayor Daisy
Liam
Sir Narramore

The Princess?
Jobo?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess :oops:

Having spent the bulk of the previous day and the morning packing her things, the Princess is in good spirits on the journey. She spends the time talking to the Zillas and enjoying the ocean.

"A sea monster? With tentacles? Amazing!" She stays with the Zillas as the others duck into the trees to pass. "Anyone got a pole or something? We could poke at the area ahead to see if it's clear."

"I could try to put it to sleep, but I don't know the size of the creature. It may not work. Prodding and chopping may be best." She looks at the nearby trees. "Or maybe we cut down one right here and drop it on the mounds. On its toes, if you will."

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Paladin »

Sir William Narramore

The knight considers the idea of dropping a tree upon the creature's hunting ground and nods slowly. "I admit...it seems the best way to reveal the beast from a relatively safe distance, if indeed it is hiding here."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy looks back and forth between the dangerous patch of sand and the Zillas. Do you suppose the Zillas could hold their own against the beast?
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:11 pm Daisy
Daisy looks back and forth between the dangerous patch of sand and the Zillas. Do you suppose the Zillas could hold their own against the beast?
Liam shakes his head. I refuse to sacrifice an innocent animal.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Urson »

Daisy
That's not what Ah meant, Mr Liam. Ah was just thinkin' aloud. Ah wouldn't do such a thing unless Ah was sure our Zilla would survive.
FA FO

Return to “Completed Missions”