Founding Clifftown

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Founding Clifftown

#881 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

The still invisible thief makes her presence known in the morning. "I'd say it's a good day to die, but..." She raises her head to the sky and thinks aloud. "When was the last time the sun wasn't out during the day? I'll have to talk to Wes about it, it just kinda feels wrong."

As the crowd starts to gather, she begins addressing them. "Ok. Assuming that the non-momma natives are still there and haven't been destroyed, we need to deal with them. We don't have the ability to bribe our way through, so I was thinking that we do this. We send a scouting party ahead, preferably on that carpet, and go talk with Powstap. Once we convince him to help, we backtrack with him to the other villages and secure passage and maybe even allies."

"I know that Grimm and Daisy have had some positive interactions with Powstap, so I think they should join the scouting party. Where is Grimm, by the way?" When someone mentions Grimm's intent to stay, she scowls. "Hmm. That's unfortunate, but maybe he can be convinced."

Thoughts? Ideas? And this is just for getting to the camp. The other option is going around the long(er) way past the temple. Or we could go up the cliff wall and cross the river.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#882 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

During the night, The Princess contemplates the situation and decides it best if she stays in town and finishes her task of making it hospitable enough to perform magical research.

"Good luck, and don't die. I'm very much looking forward to collaborating on new magic with some of you. I'll make sure Quark is taken care of and continues to make trips here."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#883 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Will wish Elnaerel and the Princess good bye then, and wish them good fortune in their own quests. She will then head out to join the gathering troops in the mist.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#884 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy wakes early and says her morning devotionals. She then gathers her gear and goes to have some breakfast. She still occasionally snaps her fingers or slaps her thigh- calling Sophie.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#885 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Gathers his pack and weapons and has a good breakfast with the rest of the group. Taking the days rations and adding it to his pack.

YEA.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#886 Post by Bluehorse »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:01 pmAllissa
The still invisible thief makes her presence known in the morning. "I'd say it's a good day to die, but..." She raises her head to the sky and thinks aloud. "When was the last time the sun wasn't out during the day? I'll have to talk to Wes about it, it just kinda feels wrong."
Keg looks at the sky and then back at the princess, but being slightly superstitious himself, he begins looking around for the Druid as well, Do we have anyone good at reading signs like this? What about Daisy? She talks to a god, doesn't she?
Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:01 pmAllissa
"Ok. Assuming that the non-momma natives are still there and haven't been destroyed, we need to deal with them. We don't have the ability to bribe our way through, so I was thinking that we do this. We send a scouting party ahead, preferably on that carpet, and go talk with Powstap. Once we convince him to help, we backtrack with him to the other villages and secure passage and maybe even allies."
Liam nods decisively. Your plan has merit. I second it. The carpet is certainly a blessing and we could use it for scouting ahead like you say. I think having friends on the inside will be key to this mission, especially from the other natives.
Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:01 pmAllissaThoughts? Ideas? And this is just for getting to the camp. The other option is going around the long(er) way past the temple. Or we could go up the cliff wall and cross the river.
Liam listens and strokes the beard on his chin. We have had several expeditions now along both the river and the cliffs. It seems a safe enough and fast route. It wouldn't hurt to explore more in our nearby surroundings anyway. Though with the stoneguts now gone, we might think about reclaiming the Logger's Road as well. But that might be a later trip now even though it is promising we might be able to secure some of those black trees Quark is so interested in. Assuming this trip is successful we could take the long way home and see what we find.

My vote is for following the cliffwall.

Keg mumbles: Took you long enough to say it... Speaking up a bit more. My group will take the river. We can paralelle each other. This will give us more of a chance of running into friendly natives to rally to us, as well as unfriendly which we can dispatch before they have a chance to come around behind us.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#887 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Couple of things.....

I am not sure I can allow anyone to use magic items from players who have left the game and abandoned their characters.

It sounds like you are going to split up the main group now? Can I get an updated list of who's going with who then please?

What's that old song? Two steps forward and three steps back?
:lol:

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#888 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:47 pm Couple of things.....

I am not sure I can allow anyone to use magic items from players who have left the game and abandoned their characters.

It sounds like you are going to split up the main group now? Can I get an updated list of who's going with who then please?

Don't be that way! We are making this a Cha-Cha!!!

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#889 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Knew I should have kissed that boy. Feanol is going to the village with whoever is going.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#890 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Having just returned from the villages yesterday, we do know two things at least about the Cliff path
  • There is a bovine-ish animal. The rear half looks a bit like a bloated buffalo, with a long tail and an even longer thick neck. We avoided it going up, but had to take to the tree coming back. It is still running free.
  • The native village was on the other side of the river."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#891 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes arrives, tucking away the extra food provided by Nalissa. "Shalm's Blessing on you all this morning."

At the mention of the weather, he nods his head in approval. "A sound idea. The Shalm will tell me what the weather will be like for the next half day. If it's going to keep raining, the river will rise and make it even harder to cross later on if we take the cliff path."

Wes casts Predict Weather.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#892 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag hears a rumor that at least one adventurer is not heading out to fight Momma. He swiftly tracks down Grimm. "Look mate, I 'ave 'eard dat you are givin' der big expedition a miss. To tell yer der truth, I am not dat keen to go myself. Yesterday I got skewered pretty good by my own knife. I am not interested in dat appenin' again. 'ave yer got a plan to do sumfin' else?"

Maag glances over to where the big group is forming up. "if yer interested, I was finking dat maybe we could go an check out der old temple. Try an nick dat old sword dat is down der."

The Knife

The Knife arrived fashionably late. He walks in the direction of the larger group, then notices a familiar face showing no intention of joining in. "Elnaerel! What's going on? Not going along?"

TK is T3 by the way.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#893 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"Plundering and old temple you say? Finding and old sword? You know, I'm not bad at finding old relics myself, he he... I'm coming!" He then invokes food for the villagers in the secrecy of a hut, hides the horn where Daisy and Liam think it's better to hide it and joins Maag. "Do you think I should shake off this invisibility? I'm fed up with it!" He grunts.

Elnaerel

"Hey, Knife! How are you? I'm glad you have survived so far." Says the cleric with a faint smile. "No. I'm not going with them. Fighting evil does resound with me, but something tells me things aren't going to work out as intended... It seems dangerous, even for such a big group. Maybe it's my goddess saying something to me, or maybe I've become a fatalist after losing Narramore. So, I'm staying for the time being."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#894 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ok, I get that. Pity. What about if someone steals said magic item? :twisted: Is Keyon around as an NPC, or is he just mothballed until he may come back?

I agree that we seem to be losing ground here. If we can't get the carpet and the river continues to swell, we will just have to go up the native side in one group. We can scout ahead when the time comes, or figure out another way around the paywalls.

Participants:
Liam
Daisy
Feanol
Keg
The Knife?
Wake
Yrias
Chauncey
Allissa
Wes
Darklin

It looks like Maag, Grimm, The Princess, and Elnaerel are going against the grain. :D

Anyone else want to drop out and live stay back?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#895 Post by Urson »

Daisy
"It don't rain in the Army- it rains ON the Army." Daisy says this as if quoting someone.
Wes has a good point- if it keeps raining, we're gonna have a devil of a time crossin' the river. Ah ain't the one for tactics or strategies, but Ah think we better git across the river while we can.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#896 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:26 am Wes

Wes arrives, tucking away the extra food provided by Nalissa. "Shalm's Blessing on you all this morning."

At the mention of the weather, he nods his head in approval. "A sound idea. The Shalm will tell me what the weather will be like for the next half day. If it's going to keep raining, the river will rise and make it even harder to cross later on if we take the cliff path."

Wes casts Predict Weather.
Oddly enough, and despite being currently enveloped in a thick, wet mist..........

Wes gets a clear image from the Shalm that the beautiful and abundant sunshine that is currently shining down upon them should continue indefinitely. :?

If the characters who decided not to go along don't pick up on this one, there is nothing more I can do for them. :lol:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#897 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

"I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad Elnaerel. Narramore was a good man. I hope it is your goddess giving you advice. Otherwise it's just a strange voice in your head. And people around here are very intolerant of that sort of thing." The Knife shakes his head sadly and walks in the direction of ugly half-orc who seems to be talking to himself in the middle of the beach.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#898 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am still waiting on a couple of replies in private as to who is going and who is staying.

Does anyone else want to change their mind three or four more times about going or not going?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#900 Post by gurusql »

Wake is still going

Return to “Completed Missions”