Founding Clifftown

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Founding Clifftown

#861 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Please continue to fill each other in on any missed details with the great RP.

As of right now, I am going on the assumption that the group going out to the waterfall camp to save Luther and Amun will be heading out the morning after they went through the portal. (at least I think that is still the plan)

Once plans are finalized and everyone who is going is ready to depart, I will get a new thread started up for this endeavor.

Again, not everyone has to go along if they would rather try something else.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#862 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She chuckles at Chauncey's reaction. "No, Demon was the exact word. Something like 'working with that Demon'." Allissa continues chatting. "So where did you pick up your stone? And did she ever let on that others had one too? I was a bit surprised that she freely named you, by the way."

"I wasn't here, off conversing with the Dragon you know." She once more casually name drops her association. "But apparently Luther has been talking with Momma, and after Daisy came back roughed up and told everyone about Momma, Luther decided he had been tricked. So he cast away his stone which opened a portal of sorts. I did see that, briefly. And what would come out of the portal but his bastard son with Momma herself. It seems old Luther had a bit of a dalliance with a native back when you destroyed the pirates. That native woman was apparently Momma in disguise. So after an awkward duel, Luther was beaten and dragged through the portal."

"So now I'm gathering troops to go and visit Momma. Are you in?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#863 Post by Urson »

Daisy privately, with Grimm and Liam
Ah'm no fool, so Ah won't demand that you use your horn to support the Town. Ah hope you'll do just that, though- at least until you can head for home.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#864 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Will approach Chauncey before going to bed and see if he is interested in trading some spells before running off on a new adventure. Darklin has decided to stay in town a while and try to fabricate some new spells if he can't find what he is looking for.

Chauncey, I have a few spells of lower level but nothing of much higher. I am looking for some to increase my attack and defense. Since this place is always trying to kill us it only seems right.

If he is interested Darklin will whip his spellbook out and show him his spells.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#865 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:42 pm Allissa

She chuckles at Chauncey's reaction. "No, Demon was the exact word. Something like 'working with that Demon'." Allissa continues chatting. "So where did you pick up your stone? And did she ever let on that others had one too? I was a bit surprised that she freely named you, by the way."

"I wasn't here, off conversing with the Dragon you know." She once more casually name drops her association. "But apparently Luther has been talking with Momma, and after Daisy came back roughed up and told everyone about Momma, Luther decided he had been tricked. So he cast away his stone which opened a portal of sorts. I did see that, briefly. And what would come out of the portal but his bastard son with Momma herself. It seems old Luther had a bit of a dalliance with a native back when you destroyed the pirates. That native woman was apparently Momma in disguise. So after an awkward duel, Luther was beaten and dragged through the portal."

"So now I'm gathering troops to go and visit Momma. Are you in?"
"I see... This is all quite elucidating, my dear, Allissa," says Chauncey, "She named me, you say? Hmmm..."

"I should be glad to accompany you to the waterfall on this mission. I got my stone directly from her. And it being myself who introduced Luther to "Momma," I feel at least partially responsible for his predicament... It seems we have all been 'tricked,'" he says, looking not a little bit troubled.

"Tell me, what is the plan once we've found her? She is quite powerful. Even I, The most Powerful Magic User On the Island, do not know the extent of her magical ability. Suffice it to say, she has, er, resources. Has the dragon offered assistance? Oooh, and what did it look like? Was it fearsome? Wreathed in flame? I'm simply beside myself with curiosity," he says.
Darklin2 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:18 pm Darklin

Will approach Chauncey before going to bed and see if he is interested in trading some spells before running off on a new adventure. Darklin has decided to stay in town a while and try to fabricate some new spells if he can't find what he is looking for.

Chauncey, I have a few spells of lower level but nothing of much higher. I am looking for some to increase my attack and defense. Since this place is always trying to kill us it only seems right.

If he is interested Darklin will whip his spellbook out and show him his spells.
"Of course, Darklin. I should only be too happy to trade a bit of magical knowledge on a one for one basis..." he says, glancing over the proffered tome. "Ah! Yes. This dweomer that allows one to mend broken objects quite interests me, sir. An invaluable resource on an island. Wear and tear, you know."

He pulls his own tome from his pack, the time blackened leather of the cover, made from a goblin's face, seems to leer at Darklin. He's pretty sure he sees it wink at him before Chauncey flips it open to the section containing his own first sphere incantations.

"Between now and my departure, we have time for the sharing of but a beginner spell. And though we have some duplications, if you are looking for something offensive, I do have this little number..." He indicates one spell in particular. "With it, the caster may frazzle his enemy with an arc of electricity. It requires touch, but is great in a pinch."

"If you desire protection, perhaps this one would be of interest to you," he says, flipping a few pages further in the grimoire. "It calls into being a disc of force that hovers just before the user, in shield-like fashion, and protects one from all but the most deft of blows. It foils magical missiles cast by other casters outright." He looks pleased with himself.

"Of course, if one of my other spells captures your fancy, I encourage you to follow your heart. This one causes things to grow, or ungrow... that is to say, shrink. I've found it quite useful in my travels."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#866 Post by Karaunios »

Urson wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:10 pm Daisy privately, with Grimm and Liam
Ah'm no fool, so Ah won't demand that you use your horn to support the Town. Ah hope you'll do just that, though- at least until you can head for home.
Grimm

"We can use it for the benefit of the town, yes... My main and only worry is that it may be stolen. I need someone we can trust keeping it here, and keep it secret, while I'm away. I can teach them the secret word and they can always say that the food cake from the Stonegut camp, which is riddled with monsters anyway and no one will want to go there."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#867 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I know I have mentioned this already, but I will say it again.

If the group is leaving in the morning, you simply do not have time for any spell sharing. It takes a full day of study for each spell level to be shared. So a minimum of one full day to add one 1st level spell to a book.

Also, with the new budding town still in the very early stages of development, even if you do delay the rescue mission for a few days, there are still no buildings that would accommodate an area adequate enough for magical research. Maybe in a few more days, and once a few more shacks and buildings are completed, we can address this further.

Unless you want to leave Luther to his fate? :twisted:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#868 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah see. Ah'm going along to help rescue Luther and Amun, but Ah'll be glad to tag along,
and speak with some folks who are trustworthy.
Mr. Liam, do you have anyone to suggest?
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#870 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#871 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag claps Chauncey on the shoulder. "Sorry about all der grabbin' der mate. I woz just lookin' for dat fing yer threw in der water. Can't 'ave annuver one of dem 'ere. Der last one woz nasty enough."

"To tell yer der truth, I am not normally der sort of bloke dat goes around tryin' to nick fings out of people's pockets. Probably why I am not dat good at it eh?"

"I am more of der sort of bloke wot would whack yer over der 'ead wiv a brick when yer weren't lookin', give yer a good kickin', an den go through yer pockets while yer woz unconscious."

"I'll probably go wiv dat in der future. A man should stick to wot 'e is good at, right? I mean, you pointy-'eads stick to castin' yer magic. Yer never see one of your lot throwin' a punch do yer?"
Maag muses for a few moments. "Well, not one dat didn't get 'is 'ead kicked in right after anyway."

Maag gives Chauncey a light punch to the upper arm. "It 'as bin good chattin' wiv yer, mush.You 'ave really opened my eyes to a few fings. We will 'ave to do dis again soon." He wanders off to find out when the rescue party will be leaving.
Last edited by Jernau35 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#872 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes wakes and begins his prayers to Obad Hai. He is delighted to find that The Shalm has bestowed upon him a whole new range of powerful spells. Standing out on the beach as the first rays of sunlight appear over the cliffs, he feels stronger and more alive than he has since first setting foot on the island. "Blessings to all who live in the Realm of The Shalm!" he calls out.

Wes takes a few more deep breaths of the morning air, then finds a quiet spot to sit and work upon a short task. He takes a short piece of rope he found in Beachtown from around his waist and begins to unravel the strands. "I'll turn this into a sling in no time," he mutters. "Then we can be off to see what's become of Luther and Amun."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#873 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife awakens in his little lean-to next to the cliff. His muscles ache from all the work he put into building it, but he's afraid to stretch in case he knocks against the wall and collapses the whole structure. "Hmmm it probably does need a bit more work before I start on the East wing," he muses. "Anyway, time to find out what's going on with everyone."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#874 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She finds Wes in the morning. Not hard to do when he's up with the sun and crowing like a rooster. "Hey. Are you ready to do this? I, myself, have a bad feeling about it. She's been keeping track of us for weeks, manipulating us. Chauncey said that he even introduced Luther to her. I think I found out any others who worked for her, but I'm not sure. You know that Krystal was working for her? That melted stone I found on her was one of Momma's. Did you ever get contacted by her? Or introduced to someone?"

Allissa shakes her head. "I hate being manipulated, and I can't shake the feeling like it's still happening."

"Anyway. Since I know you, we need to think of an option to deal with her charmed natives without seriously injuring them. We could possibly convince the exiled natives to help and subdue them, but I'm not sure. Either way, we would need the help of Powstap who's in the third outpost. The first two demanded bribes to pass through. Maybe with a translator, we could avoid the toll."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#875 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes leans back and looks up at the spot where Alissa's face probably is. His hands continue to plait the strands of rope. "Ready? Well, there's several other things I need to be doing but we can hardly leave Luther in Momma's hands".

Wes stops weaving as Alissa continues her revelations. "Chauncey and Luther? Chauncey doesn't surprise me, but I figured Luther was too canny for that kind of thing. And Krystal? No, I never had any conversation with her. Never really trusted her. At least some good came out of Gorman's evil. Everything balances in the end".

"Nobody approached me either. I worked with Ren and Stumpy for a day or two, but the Sea-hag got them. They're buried over yonder."
Wes tilts his head towards the nearby treeline. "I'm here for the glory of Obad Hai's Realm. Not to pile up magical baubles."

"Still being manipulated? That makes a lot of sense. If she wanted to drag Luther away, she could have done it in the middle of the night when he was sleeping. Do it in the middle of the day, in front of an audience, and she's got all the flies lining up to rush into her web."

"I can try to do something about the charmed natives. Obad Hai has given a spell that can dispel magic. It might get rid of Momma's charm...but we'd have to figure out a way to catch the natives unawares. They'll not just sit there and let me cast a spell on them. If it works, we can ask the un-charmed folk to vouch for us at the next village".

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#876 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Departure

A strange storm is brewing the morning after the abduction of Luther and Amun. The sky is completely clouded over in a grey mist, filling the Clifftown area with dripping moisture that soaks the entire budding settlement. Despite these less than favorable conditions, the townies keep at their work just as if it were hot and sunny out.

Even as final preparations for the trip are made, some folks are still slipping off for private discussions here and there. At first glance, it appears that every able bodied adventurer will accompany the group as they attempt to infiltrate the native camp at the waterfall, including the unlikely pairing of Liam and the Princess, who each have limited adventuring experience. Hopefully their clearly dangerous adversary wont take advantage of such a situation.

Marge and her helpers have a hardy breakfast set up for anyone wishing to accompany the party north, up the river trail to the last camp along the waterway. Though she cant spare any of her own people to go along, she makes sure that each participant has at least a days supply of food and water to take along on the journey. One final discussion over the meal takes place before the journey begins.

Actions?

Last chance to decide what your characters will do here. I have one more reveal for everyone which I think you will like, but I want to make sure everything currently going on in private gets sorted out before we kick this off. Please give me one final yea or nay for each of your characters at breakfast, letting me know about any last minute changes or additions. Once I have confirmation down the list of characters below, we will start this off, ready or not. Thanks!

Liam AC:4 9/9
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 3/3 1st / 2/2 2nd
Maag AC:4 20/20
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Princess AC:6 5/5
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
The Knife (T3) AC:4* 12/12
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first
Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
Allissa AC:2 19/19
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 1/1 4th
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel AC:3 23/23 4/4 1st 3/3 2nd

These stats are taken directly from your sheets, and sadly, after 5 years of listening to me complain about it, I notice we still have at least 2 players who aren't interested in keeping those accurate. You might want to check these before we leave.

Also, I have decided that anyone wishing to stay behind to continue developing Clifftown is welcome to do so, but please keep in mind any of that will need to be 100% character driven at this point. If you don't want to post for your character who stays behind, I will no longer be pressing any actions in town as I once did.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#877 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam is up and ready early having already spoken with Marge and handing over the key to his hardbox, as well as some privy information about his belongings. (See private Thread) He is carrying a leaner load for this trip. He calls Fiona over to him and makes ready to depart with the first team.

Keg as usual just comes as he is, crossing his arms and waiting for everyone to show up that is going.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#878 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake does not attempt any other business in the evening and is present ready to go in the morning.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#879 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm and Elnaerel are staying in town, as they have their own motives. Yrias is coming along with the expedition.

Return to “Completed Missions”