Founding Clifftown

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Founding Clifftown

#821 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once everyone checks in ready to proceed, I will get this action started out in a new thread.

Spell sharing wont be possible in these conditions and under such a time crunch, but it is a good idea to let the others know who has what for weapons, spells, ideas, etc.

If the Beachtown Bunch ever shows up, they can get involved with this as well.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#822 Post by Urson »

Daisy will be ready come morning. She'll have 3 CLW and a Remove Fear on hand, plus she's got attitude waaaay bigger than she is.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#823 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rescue Party

The adventurers agree that finding Luther and Amun should be their top priority before any of them investigate this thing called the Fun House.

A plan to split into two groups is comprised, though it will only be implemented in the cases of extreme emergency.

The day is spent in preparation and study or prayer. As last minute details are worked out, a young man rushes up to report something he just saw on the beach.

"There is a train of huge green lizards headed this way from the direction of Beachtown, and it appears that some of them are being ridden by people Though I didn't see any dwarves with them."

Actions?

Liam AC:4 9/9
Daisy (C3) AC:6 16/23 0/3 1st / 0/2 2nd
Maag AC:4 12/20
Feanol (MU2) AC:10 12/14 RM, CL, DM 0/2
Princess AC:6 5/5
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
The Knife (T2) AC:4* 8/8
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 3/4 first
Yrias AC:5 8/8 0/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#824 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"If we are going to be heading out tomorrow, it would be best for us to be as much as possible at full strength."

He will cast Cure Light Wounds on Mag (8), Feanol(3) and then Daisy(8)
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=8
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=8

The string of 1's was broken!

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#825 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Thanks for dat", after Wake heals him. Then he goes looking for Feanol. "I 'ave got sumfin' 'ere for yer." He hands over a stone-bladed knife with a wooden handle.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#826 Post by Karaunios »

Yrias

The cleric of Boccob raises an eyebrow at the villager's words. "Oh. Really? Let's go see that. I hope they aren't invading us." He follows the villager. He wants to see it with his own eyes.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#827 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy stops her preparations when the lizards and riders show up. She's trying to be optimistic about who they are- but her mace is always within arm's reach.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#828 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Thanks Wake for the healing. Then goes to find the merchant and see if she has any daggers.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#829 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Can I use regular daggers now or am I still limited to throwing daggers?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#830 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:39 pm Can I use regular daggers now or am I still limited to throwing daggers?
She can use normal daggers, but keep in mind she is still below average strength, so she cant carry 20 of them like Darklins characters can do. :lol:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#831 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"Lizard mounted troops? And not dwarves? Ooh, I bet it's Wes. Or I hope so." She looks over that way with her keen elven vision to verify her guess.

"Listen. Before anyone engages. If that is Wes, Grimm, Darklin, and Chauncey, we need to be careful. I know at least one of them has a Momma stone, so keep things quiet until we can contain the situation."

Again, she moves over to Maag to whisper.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#832 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"WHAT?! You know someone is working with her? At least tell us, dammit!" She looks around furtively, trying to spot tracks in the sand. "This is so like you, having to keep things secret! Nobody likes that, you know!"

With no reply coming, The Princess turns in a huff to Wake. "Fine. At least we can do something useful. Let's deal pearls." She stops and takes a deep breath. "Sorry. Do you have siblings? Anyway. I'm assuming that you are looking for valuable ones for components. I have some that would fit those criteria. I can sell you two right now."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#833 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake gets close to the Princess and whispers a figure in her ear.
(See PM)

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#834 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Looking for the merchant who has the items for sale she will check for daggers or anything that would be helpful.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#835 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm Feanol

Looking for the merchant who has the items for sale she will check for daggers or anything that would be helpful.
Nellissa still has a few normal daggers for sale.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#836 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry for the delay here folks!

I am awaiting conformation in a private thread that may or may not affect this mission, so I am in a bit of a stalemate at the moment.

I will move this along as soon as I get the necessary information.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#837 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy glances at The Princess and sighs. She remembers the squabbles she had with her own sisters- and how they'd outgrown stuff like that by 25 summers' age.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#838 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lizard Riders

After the quick warning from the townie, Allissa drops a verbal bomb as some of the group rush to the treeline to see the arriving lizard riders for themselves. It does indeed appear to be Wes, Chauncey, and Darklin, with no sign of Greedy Grimm the dwarf. They have 6 lizards in total, some of them laden with spoils from the defunct town they just left. The lizards walk into the water off the sandy shore before swimming through the area where the river spills into the sea. Chauncey and his monkey friend can be seen screeching and complaining the entire time, as fur and robes become soaked with salt water from the nearly submerged animals. But eventually the train, along with half a dozen freed townies, arrive on the Clifftown side of the beach.

Several of the common folk rush out to greet their long lost family members and friends, including Marge, who is ecstatic about seeing them returned safely. A few farmers join them on the sand, looking over the huge beasts, hoping they can use them to pull stumps and plow fields. As the afternoon wanes, the missing group is quickly caught up on the latest events that have occurred around town, detailing their old teammate Luther's current dilemma.

As greetings and introductions are made, several unfriendly glances are made towards the greatest wizard on the island.

Actions?

Liam AC:4 9/9
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 0/3 1st / 0/2 2nd
Maag AC:4 20/20
Feanol (MU2) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 0/2
Princess AC:6 5/5
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
The Knife (T2) AC:4* 8/8
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 0/4 first
Yrias AC:5 8/8 0/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#839 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Urson wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:48 pm Daisy
Daisy glances at The Princess and sighs. She remembers the squabbles she had with her own sisters- and how they'd outgrown stuff like that by 25 summers' age.
You have to realize that they are around 25 in elf years. :lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#840 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy rushes to her friends, giving each a warm hug. Ah'm so glad ya'll are OK! And you've brought us some valuable stuff, besides!

Which mission was this? So I can scan the thread and get some idea of what they were up against...

Return to “Completed Missions”