Founding Clifftown

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Founding Clifftown

#841 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Having used up his magic for day, Wake will see if he can help any of the returning people from the mine.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#842 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:33 pm Which mission was this? So I can scan the thread and get some idea of what they were up against...
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 14#p572114

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#843 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam rushes up to greet the newcomers and helps get them up to speed on what has happened after checking them over briefly for injuries. We're glad you are here, and most of all glad you are safe. What news do you bring? How did you liberate all these people? I'm sure there is a tale to tell there.

Liam will make sure to coordinate a couple of healer types to check the returning villagers and make sure they get plenty of food and water as well as a place to rest. This is a good day, Luther's situation aside.

Keg eyes Chauncy. Whats this we hear about you having stones? You're not keeping secrets are you? Come on, out with it. We got some big problems around here because of all this magicy secret stuff and it is high time we shine some light on it all before someone else gets killed over it.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#844 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

Daisy suddenly feels that someone embraces her, but she can't see who that is. She notices and acrid smell and a lot of hair from someone not excessively taller than her. Then, Grimm's laugh and voice can be heard. "Ha ha ha! How are you doing Daisy?! We survived the most dangerous of adventures! Went to the heart of the Stonegut camp, saw how strange rock monsters destroyed them all and made them leave this island... And survived! Ha!" Daisy then hears a whisper in her ear. "We also were successful in our mission... We got the horn that belongs to my clan. We should go somewhere private and I tell you how you can use it, so the people here have to eat... But we have to be careful, lest sometime want to steal it. This things gives a lot of food...

Ah. And, also, Chauncey is acting stranger than normal. He said his monkey talked to him in his head, I've never seen that before. It always comes to him jumping and talking. I think he wants to steal the horn..."
He also tries to convince Liam to join them.

Elnaerel

The first people the elven cleric looks for are her former companions Feanol and Keyon. She only sees the mage, so she decides to go towards her and also calls The Princess, their benefactor. Although the cleric doesn't seem to be particularly battered, her torn and bloodied clothes speak to the contrary. After the initial joy of finding her people again, she looks at the sandy ground: "Feanol... After Narramore and me got captured by the dwarves we were taken prisoners into their camp. Then something happened and all hell broke lose. These rock monsters started to attack the dwarves in the mine and Narramore and me used the situation and left. We were pursued by several dwarves... And then we decided to face them in the jungle. Narramore wanted to protect me and told me to leave. I almost did it, but came back and fought at his side. We killed several of them and made others flee, but they resisted and fell Narramore. At the end it was me against three and had to fight to the best of my ability in order to get to Sir William as fast as I could in order to heal him. After two dwarves left, I was feeling so bad because all of my wounds, that I surrended. Narramore was dead, Feanol." She looks at the both the mage and The Princess. "I'm sorry, Your Highness. I want strong enough...

After that I could escape because of the rock monsters destroying the whole dwarven camp, and Darklin found me and took me aside. I can't back with them, as you see.

I need to rest. Where's Keyon, by the way?"

Yrias

The cleric of Boccob looks at the new comers with curiosity and introduces himself, since he doesn't know any of them.

Despite all of my "blah blah blah", I'm all for fast-forwarding the time in town and start with the adventure.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#845 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

The joy of seeing Elnaerel is slowly replaced by the sorrow of learning that Sir Narramore has fallen. "I'm sorry to learn of his fate, but I'm glad in knowing that you survived. As I'm sure he is as well. The Island is a darker place without him, but we must carry on. I know you did what you could."

"Keyon is around somewhere, uncharacteristically quiet." The Princess catches her up on the comings and goings.

Allissa

The Thief is also uncharacteristically quiet.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#846 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes is relieved to get back to Clifftown and pleased that he no longer has to go through his routine of providing fresh water and helping the crops grow. He instructs the townsfolk to treat the lizards well, then goes off to find a quiet place to study and pray.

Maag

Maag joins the crowd of townsfolk welcoming the arrival of the lizards. "Flick? Flick? Are yer 'ere? 'as anybody seen Flick?" He pushes through the crowd as he goes.

The Knife

The Knife carries on building his lean-to, since the common housing is just too crowded for both of them to squeeze in to.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#847 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Spotting Elnaerel, she rushes to her. The crushing news of Sir Narramore's demise is sad for her as well, but moreso as she understands the loss to Elnaerel. She too misses Keyon, but she feels he still lives. She will help Elnaerel get settled in and fill her in on what is going on here with Momma and the obelisks.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#848 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy senses trouble coming (AGAIN!), so she climbs back on her stump and whistles for everyone's attention.

Ever'body! We thank the Gods that our friends are back safe! But Ah see an 'Us vs.Them' situation coming, so Ah'm gonna stop it here an' now.
We've discovered that there's a powerful Witch- or Demon- callin' herself Momma here on the island. She's lied an' manipulated, gettin' allies under false pretenses. She gave some folks bright-colored pebbles that gave them small advantages. These pebbles also let her eavesdrop on the person. IF you got one of these tokens, PLEASE take it an' throw it in the ocean now. It don't matter what ability the pebble gives you, it ain't worthwhile!

As she finishes, Daisy suddenly looks shocked. She gets down from the stump, digs in her first-aid bag, and pulls out a small yellow stone. She holds it up for everyone to see, then walk to the waterline and throws it as far as she can manage.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#849 Post by Urson »

Daisy **To Grimm**
Ah'm glad to see you, too. Don't worry too much about Chauncey. Ah'll keep an eye on him, but Ah think that's just Chauncey bein' Chauncey
She gives the grizzled dwarf a warm hug and a kiss on the mouth.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#850 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

tries to herd his lizard to the town area and looks for a place to set up camp. Waving to all who he has known and had adventures with.

We are happy to be safe and sound. What happened at Beachtown? Did the Rock people find the town and Dwarves there? Where is the best place to set up shop? Has anyone seen Daisy? Was she captured?
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#851 Post by Karaunios »

Urson wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:24 pm Daisy **To Grimm**
Ah'm glad to see you, too. Don't worry too much about Chauncey. Ah'll keep an eye on him, but Ah think that's just Chauncey bein' Chauncey
She gives the grizzled dwarf a warm hug and a kiss on the mouth.
Grimm

Grimm backs up. "Brrrrr! Lady! Please. I'm glad to see you, but not that kind of glad!!" He wipes his mouth with his shirt arm. "What's that about spheres and hearing what we say? Do people also hear voices in their heads like pointy ha-Chauncey? That doesn't sound good!

Like I said, Daisy, Liam, you seem to be the most honest people around here. You and that tree hugger."
He points to Wes, not having into account that no one can see him. "I have to talk to you in private as soon as possible. I bring a powerful artifact. It belongs to my clan, and it's the reason I'm here but, until I can get off this island, it can be used to produce all sorts of food. And that means all sorts of seeds and things that can be cultivated here."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#852 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Bluehorse wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:34 pmKeg eyes Chauncy. Whats this we hear about you having stones? You're not keeping secrets are you? Come on, out with it. We got some big problems around here because of all this magicy secret stuff and it is high time we shine some light on it all before someone else gets killed over it.
Chauncey looks taken aback at being accosted after a long, difficult journey.

"Do I know you, sir? Surely you must know me, Chauncey the Adequate, The Most Powerful Magic User On the Island!" Perhaps it would be best to avoid 'stepping to me' with accusations, as it were... I can summon mules from the very earth!" he retorts, somewhat crabbily.
Urson wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:21 pm Daisy We've discovered that there's a powerful Witch- or Demon- callin' herself Momma here on the island. She's lied an' manipulated, gettin' allies under false pretenses. She gave some folks bright-colored pebbles that gave them small advantages. These pebbles also let her eavesdrop on the person. IF you got one of these tokens, PLEASE take it an' throw it in the ocean now. It don't matter what ability the pebble gives you, it ain't worthwhile!
As she finishes, Daisy suddenly looks shocked. She gets down from the stump, digs in her first-aid bag, and pulls out a small yellow stone. She holds it up for everyone to see, then walk to the waterline and throws it as far as she can manage.
The wizard's eyes widen a bit at the revelations in Daisy's speech, as if some internal puzzle piece has just fallen into place. Someone observing him closely might notice a twinge of embarrassment play across his features.

Scrabbling awkwardly down from his mount, he walks alone to the ocean and wades a few feet into the surf. Reaching into his pack, he withdraws a small object that glints in the sun. He looks down at it ruefully, then hurls it into the ocean. As he exits the surf, Mr Wrenly jumps onto his shoulder and screeches in commiseration.

Returning, he passes near to Daisy.

"Thank you, Daisy. Can you fill me in with a brief summary on what exactly transpired in my absence? How was the deceit of this "Momma" discovered? What actions have been taken to guard against her influence? I shall need to begin devising some spells of warding, perhaps," he says.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#853 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

An unseen hand pats Chauncey on the back out in the surf. "Good to see you, friend." She walks with him back towards Daisy.

"You weren't the only one with a stone. Luther revealed his and caused a whole scene." She updates everyone on the recent happenings. "The stone I found on Krystal allowed me to talk to MommaJuju. She mentioned that you had one. I suspected others did as well, so I made a big fuss about it and it seems that it worked. Sorry to shadow you, but I had to be sure."

"The Dragon confirms that she is a Demon, not from this island, and needs to be killed. She plans to use the obelisks to do something, but I get a strong impression that the whole system is becoming unstable."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#854 Post by Bluehorse »

Keg raises a skeptical brow at Chauncy. I don't care how good a Jackass Wizard you are if you have a... Wait, where are going? Dont walk away from me when I am winning an argument with you! If you have a... A stone! You better.... *plunk!* Keg pauses. Oh, yeah... That. I suppose that works nicely then. Glad we had this talk... that went.... surprisingly well... The big norseman clearly doesn't know how to process this turn of events...

Liam looks in Grimm's general direction. Let's go then. I would say lead the way but... Well, you are invisible. I suppose follow us.

He takes Daisy's arm and they go somewhere private to see what the dwarf has for them.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#855 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah'll be glad to speak with you, Grimm. Ah'm very happy to hear that your clan's artifact is back in the right hands.

She gives Chauncey a warm hug, also. Ah led a group to the native's village,
hoping to find allies agin' the Stoneguts. Ah spoke with Mama, and it turns out she wanted slaves to work her fields- an' was gonna force all the folks here in Clifftown into slavery.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#856 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Getting Caught, Up

After the lizard riders reach Clifftown and reunite with the others, the final plans to save Luther and Amun are discussed. The townies continue working to get shelters built and foodstuffs gathered, glad to hear they may have a backup if their food reserves run out again. The suddenly over paranoid Grimm takes Daisy and Liam to the side to tell them about his very special tool that neither of them can see.

Keg and Maag basically accost Chauncey as soon as the greatest wizard upon the island returns. The thief-thug actually tries going through the mans belt pouches right there in front of everyone, his stealthy attempt failing in plain sight. Keg doesn't actually try to rob the man, but he is quite verbally aggressive all of the sudden. Once Chauncey tosses his stone into the sea along with the others, the Northman backs down, seemingly satisfied.

Plans continue to unfold as healing and study take place in the downtime between now and the morning. New revelations seem to arise as the seconds pass ever so slowly by. The fate of poor Luther could rest solely in the hands of his friends.

Actions?

Liam AC:4 9/9
Daisy (C3) AC:6 23/23 0/3 1st / 0/2 2nd
Maag AC:4 20/20
Feanol (MU2) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 0/2
Princess AC:6 5/5
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32
The Knife (T2) AC:4* 8/8
Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 0/4 first
Yrias AC:5 8/8 0/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#857 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

To Daisy and Liam: "Are you going on this mission to rescue Luther everyone's talking about? I want to help too, but I need someone of honesty to keep an eye on the horn of my clan, the Ironhelms. Isn't anyone staying here?"

Elnaerel

To Feanol and the Princess: "I'm tired. I'm going to look for a place to pray, rest and spend the night. It looks like tomorrow's gonna be a hard day... I take this mission is going to be a long one." She goes find somewhere to rest and pray to Ehlenestra for having allowed her to come back alive against all odds and asking her to take care of those that are gone.

Yrias

The mostly reserved cleric of Boccob thinks about what Daisy said, but then remembers what Allissa mentioned about the different types of stones and that his wasn't one of the ones through which Momma can hear their conversations. Without flinching or showing any emotion, he decides against dropping the magic object.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#858 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Offers for Elnaerel to stay with him. It will be a little while to put the tent up but I have an extra hammock if your interested. As he starts unloading his footlocker and steamer trunk from the back of the lizard. I have room for more if any are interested just only have the two hammocks.

He drags his tent, steamer trunk and foot locker to the closes open spot near the cliff wall and starts setting up shop. After a short time he walks back with a small barrel to the river and fills it with clean water, after dumping one over his head he fills a second and carries it back to his tent. Walks inside and returns shortly to grab his trunk and footlocker and take them in as well. He can be heard working in the tent several hours after sunset.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#859 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"Thank you, Darklin. Sure, I can help you set up the tent and everything. That would be the least I could do." The elven cleric decides to remain with her kin. "And also thanks for helping me out back at the dwarven camp. It was hell."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#860 Post by ChubbyPixie »

I wasn't aware Maag had tried to pickpocket - don't think it was mentioned.
"Sir! Sir! Please desist!" Chauncey shouts, glaring at Maag as the man essentially feels him up. "They are called jorts - if you want to know how they are made, you only need to ask. I invented them. Yes, they are quite ingenious, allowing cooling breezes to caress the upper calves. Please curb your curiosity, sir!" He stalks off, irritatedly.
Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:46 pm Allissa
An unseen hand pats Chauncey on the back out in the surf. "Good to see you, friend." She walks with him back towards Daisy.

"You weren't the only one with a stone. Luther revealed his and caused a whole scene." She updates everyone on the recent happenings. "The stone I found on Krystal allowed me to talk to MommaJuju. She mentioned that you had one. I suspected others did as well, so I made a big fuss about it and it seems that it worked. Sorry to shadow you, but I had to be sure."

"The Dragon confirms that she is a Demon, not from this island, and needs to be killed. She plans to use the obelisks to do something, but I get a strong impression that the whole system is becoming unstable."
"Boccob's Fitted Shoe!" yells Chauncey, startled. "Bon... er... Allissa. I didn't see you. You are quite invisible. The Dragon, you say?..." he says, suddenly curious. "The Dragon says this 'Momma' is a demon? Hmmmmm... Troubling." His brow wrinkles in thought. "A demon, and not a devil? Are you sure? Please try to recall its exact words."

The wizard glances around... "Also... I keep hearing mumblings about 'rescuing Luther.' Where is he?"

Return to “Completed Missions”