thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#361 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:23 pm
Atlictoatl wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:18 am
VonAlric wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:45 pm Gardo

"Umm... Whiff.. Whi..spash... You, good sir. I believe that my man said and I prefer that the agreement include that all of our party returns."
I'm unclear what Gardo's specifying, here.
The idea was that all retainers and mercs have to be safe and unharmed from anything, including accidents while the entire group is away. So, if someone gets hurt, the prince has violated his word. And, someone should stay back a ways and 'not return' to help insure that things go out way in case something doesn't work out over at the verdant fields. Basic idea was that Mariusz would either cause or have an accident that allowed him to be harmed while the entire group was away.
So, the idea up until now is that Mariusz has had "plot armor" by virtue of not being an actual retainer. He's not going to attack anyone, and I'm also not going to have someone target him. Do you want to change that now? He'd become a retainer, with stats, hp, etc., but would also become vulnerable to attack.

~~~~~

I would also caution everyone that, while Nacknosh will be bound by his word, faeries are notorious twisters of agreements, and it is also possible that, in his mind, deliberately trying to sabotage a bargain would effectively nullify it (depending on what you guys do).

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#362 Post by VonAlric »

thirdkingdom wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:43 pm
VonAlric wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:23 pm
The idea was that all retainers and mercs have to be safe and unharmed from anything, including accidents while the entire group is away. So, if someone gets hurt, the prince has violated his word. And, someone should stay back a ways and 'not return' to help insure that things go out way in case something doesn't work out over at the verdant fields. Basic idea was that Mariusz would either cause or have an accident that allowed him to be harmed while the entire group was away.
So, the idea up until now is that Mariusz has had "plot armor" by virtue of not being an actual retainer. He's not going to attack anyone, and I'm also not going to have someone target him. Do you want to change that now? He'd become a retainer, with stats, hp, etc., but would also become vulnerable to attack.

~~~~~

I would also caution everyone that, while Nacknosh will be bound by his word, faeries are notorious twisters of agreements, and it is also possible that, in his mind, deliberately trying to sabotage a bargain would effectively nullify it (depending on what you guys do).
I was more under the impression that only the main characters were going, not the retainers or mercs, for this. I used him as the example. My thought was that he would use either a merc or Wulfka as the person to 'have an accident'. If this still changes things with his status, he would have to mention the idea to Wulfka to implement the plan.

If the retainers are going, then that changes the whole tone of things.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#363 Post by Atlictoatl »

The_Wanderer wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:09 pm So 1 extra. Either somebody tries to sneak away or the count does not include Whifflespice...which I'm thinking it should not. so maybe we're ok.
Yeah, I don't think my character should be included in the count, as I'm not technically part of the group that would be subject to terms with Nacknosh (though it sounds as though I'm now also in danger of being eaten). I think 12 can cover it!
VonAlric wrote:The idea was that all retainers and mercs have to be safe and unharmed from anything, including accidents while the entire group is away. So, if someone gets hurt, the prince has violated his word.
Did I fail to properly address that in my last IC post?

"they seek binding assurances that none of the people, beasts, or possessions left in your care will be harmed, by accident or design, until their return"

If so, my apologies, and please let me know how to correct it. :)
VonAlric wrote:If the retainers are going, then that changes the whole tone of things.
It's up to you all what you want to do. I was assuming that at least some of the retainers have skills and abilities that the core PCs do not, as I've understood that, generally, to be one of the functions of a retainer. But I have no cart in that race.

It might be advisable to bring Notai along, at least, to remove the temptation for Nacknosh. Binding agreements notwithstanding.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#364 Post by VonAlric »

Atlictoatl wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:58 pm
VonAlric wrote:The idea was that all retainers and mercs have to be safe and unharmed from anything, including accidents while the entire group is away. So, if someone gets hurt, the prince has violated his word.
Did I fail to properly address that in my last IC post?

"they seek binding assurances that none of the people, beasts, or possessions left in your care will be harmed, by accident or design, until their return"

If so, my apologies, and please let me know how to correct it. :)
I like the word all. It doesn't allow for a lot of wiggle room. After re-reading the above, I guess it covers it right.
Atlictoatl wrote: It might be advisable to bring Notai along, at least, to remove the temptation for Nacknosh. Binding agreements notwithstanding.
Believe me, she won't leave my sight while anywhere near him.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#366 Post by The_Wanderer »

thirdkingdom wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:13 pm Let me know who the 12 are that are going with Whifflespice.
  1. Feargus
  2. Gardo
  3. Newton
  4. Svenn
  5. Shmara
  6. Ribar 4th level priest(Newton)
  7. Wilter 2nd level thief(Newton)
  8. Toma 2nd level fighter(Newton)
  9. Goshawk 4th level fighter(Feargus)
  10. Mardan Cy 1st level bard(Feargus)
  11. Notai 4th level Ceres Brave (Gardo)
  12. Wulfka 4th level fighter (Gardo)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:05 pm
thirdkingdom wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:13 pm Let me know who the 12 are that are going with Whifflespice.
  1. Feargus
  2. Gardo
  3. Newton
  4. Svenn
  5. Shmara
  6. Ribar 4th level priest(Newton)
  7. Wilter 2nd level thief(Newton)
  8. Toma 2nd level fighter(Newton)
  9. Goshawk 4th level fighter(Feargus)
  10. Mardan Cy 1st level bard(Feargus)
  11. Notai 4th level Ceres Brave (Gardo)
  12. Wulfka 4th level fighter (Gardo)

Perfect, thanks!

~~~~~

I just launched a new Kickstarter this morning so will be spending time today making sure everything is going okay with it, and will try to get an IC post up when I get a chance.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by Rex »

Good luck with the kickstarter!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by shaidar »

Yes, good luck!

Looking at spells, I was wondering that it might be interesting to use Animal Friendship on a Fae animal. Are they any different from those of the mortal realm

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:12 pm Yes, good luck!

Looking at spells, I was wondering that it might be interesting to use Animal Friendship on a Fae animal. Are they any different from those of the mortal realm
Only one way to find out!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by shaidar »

:D

Time to look for something interesting to try it on then

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#372 Post by VonAlric »

Ooooooh. Gardo would want to try that spell with one of the cats we saw earlier. That's probably around the point we entered into the Fae realm.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by shaidar »

Yeah, assuming they are a 'neutral beast of animal intelligence'

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#374 Post by Atlictoatl »

Apologies; I didn't realize the site had logged me out, so on my visits to the game yesterday it looked like there wasn't any new traffic.
The_Wanderer wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:57 pm Feargus

"Indeed! Newton - Have you seen anything that would pass for cover? Goshawk - work with Mardan Cy to keep the horses calm when we stop."
FWIW, I don't think we have horses with us. In Post #370, thirdkingdom wrote, "The adventurers walk for another hour, bones aching with fatigue."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:03 pm Apologies; I didn't realize the site had logged me out, so on my visits to the game yesterday it looked like there wasn't any new traffic.
The_Wanderer wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:57 pm Feargus

"Indeed! Newton - Have you seen anything that would pass for cover? Goshawk - work with Mardan Cy to keep the horses calm when we stop."
FWIW, I don't think we have horses with us. In Post #370, thirdkingdom wrote, "The adventurers walk for another hour, bones aching with fatigue."
Yeah, horses and mercenaries were left behind, although Nacknosh did explicitly promise not to eat any more horses.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by shaidar »

How about this for a watch rota, 6x 1.5hr sessions:
  1. Newton, Goshawk 4th level fighter(Feargus)
  2. Gardo, Mardan Cy 1st level bard(Feargus)
  3. Feargus, Toma 2nd level fighter(Newton)
  4. Svenn, Wulfka 4th level fighter (Gardo)
  5. Wilter 2nd level thief(Newton), Notai 4th level Ceres Brave (Gardo)
  6. Shmara, Ribar 4th level priest(Newton)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Rex »

Looks good to me.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by shaidar »

I tried to put spellcasters at each end and mix things up with higher and lower level characters

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#380 Post by kalstone »

Looks good to me too.

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”