(013) Phlume [1611 Spinward Marches]

Eris
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: (013) Phlume [1611 Spinward Marches]

#121 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:28 pm
Tiglath wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:51 pm Sigrun nods agreement and then grins at John Lee and says "Take me to bed or lose me forever".
Zaki nearly spews her drink all over the table. "That is horrible! Where did you ever hear such a terrible line?"
Pedro laughs..."Sounds like one of those awful romance holovids my sisters used to watch, but that line was usualy said to the pirate, not by the pirate! He will attempt to duck whatever Sigrun throws at him..
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:28 pm Zaki nearly spews her drink all over the table. "That is horrible! Where did you ever hear such a terrible line?"
Sigrun replies with tipsy solemnity "I am embracing Imperial culture! It's from a holo vid - which is apparently a classic. An Imperial Navy fighter pilot battles against the evil Zhodani who ineptly operate badly outdated models of Imperial fighters..." confounded by this improbability she flounders somewhat and then adds " ... and try to hypnotise and seduce their women". Sigrun theatrically lurks behind an imaginary cloak whilst twirling an equally imaginary moustache and over enthusiastically mimicking hypnotism at Zaki which nearly sends her cross eyed. She adds "That bit is always in Imperial holos!" She frowns and then declares "I thought the quote seemed to demonstrate certainty and commitment in a relationship but I'm now not sure that this was a highly accurate holo presentation".

Sigrun cheerfully turns to Pedro with only a slight wobble and declares emphatically "Pirate holos are very romantic!"

(OOC: The line's from Top Gun 1986... :roll: )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:37 pm
joertexas wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:28 pm Zaki nearly spews her drink all over the table. "That is horrible! Where did you ever hear such a terrible line?"
Sigrun replies with tipsy solemnity "I am embracing Imperial culture! It's from a holo vid - which is apparently a classic. An Imperial Navy fighter pilot battles against the evil Zhodani who ineptly operate badly outdated models of Imperial fighters..." confounded by this improbability she flounders somewhat and then adds " ... and try to hypnotise and seduce their women". Sigrun theatrically lurks behind an imaginary cloak whilst twirling an equally imaginary moustache and over enthusiastically mimicking hypnotism at Zaki which nearly sends her cross eyed. She adds "That bit is always in Imperial holos!" She frowns and then declares "I thought the quote seemed to demonstrate certainty and commitment in a relationship but I'm now not sure that this was a highly accurate holo presentation".

Sigrun cheerfully turns to Pedro with only a slight wobble and declares emphatically "Pirate holos are very romantic!"

(OOC: The line's from Top Gun 1986... :roll: )
I feel a need - the need for speed! 8-)
RIP Art Scholl :(
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by Eris »

Night passes and the next morning dawns.

Sir Baltus greets you at breakfast, "I have received an invitation for all of the Ling people to join the Duke and his wife for a month long safari on one of the other continents here on Phlume. The way it was worded almost made it seem like more an order than an invitation, though. Said something about wanting to "borrow you and your ship for a private matter" during that time. We at Ling want to keep the Duke happy, so we're willing to go along with it if you're willing to be borrowed for whatever private matter they have in mind."

He looks around at you to see your responses.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:31 pm Night passes and the next morning dawns.

Sir Baltus greets you at breakfast, "I have received an invitation for all of the Ling people to join the Duke and his wife for a month long safari on one of the other continents here on Phlume. The way it was worded almost made it seem like more an order than an invitation, though. Said something about wanting to "borrow you and your ship for a private matter" during that time. We at Ling want to keep the Duke happy, so we're willing to go along with it if you're willing to be borrowed for whatever private matter they have in mind."

Zaki nods, but she waits for the captain to speak first.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:34 pm
Eris wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:31 pm Night passes and the next morning dawns.

Zaki nods, but she waits for the captain to speak first.
As does Emily.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Tiglath »

A subdued Sigrun nods, regrets it and sighs "By the Gods!" She then serves herself "breakfast" in a single shot glass and downing it, waits. When nothing untoward happens she groans "Cured" and begins to risk coffee...

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:55 am A subdued Sigrun nods, regrets it and sighs "By the Gods!" She then serves herself "breakfast" in a single shot glass and downing it, waits. When nothing untoward happens she groans "Cured" and begins to risk coffee...
"Let me get that. I don't want to clean the deck." Zaki stands and, taking the cup, serves Sigrun her coffee.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun smiles weakly, but very gratefully, at Zaki "Þakka fyrir! Another cup and I'll be able to run it off".

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#130 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 am
Tiglath wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:55 am A subdued Sigrun nods, regrets it and sighs "By the Gods!" She then serves herself "breakfast" in a single shot glass and downing it, waits. When nothing untoward happens she groans "Cured" and begins to risk coffee...
"Let me get that. I don't want to clean the deck." Zaki stands and, taking the cup, serves Sigrun her coffee.
Carlos shrugs. "Difference between getting hangshaied by the Emperor and hangshaied by Ling is, Ling pays better." He sips some of his kaff. "Doesn't make it any easier to take, though."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:11 am
joertexas wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 am
Carlos shrugs. "Difference between getting hangshaied by the Emperor and hangshaied by Ling is, Ling pays better." He sips some of his kaff. "Doesn't make it any easier to take, though."
OOC: Does this count as "Yes, we'll do the Duke's bidding for a month while you, Ling People, have a safari"?

If it does, then we'll cut to your lifting off from Phlume and trying to take a message to the Duke's daughter...

Yes?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Tiglath »

Well FWIW it's a "Yes" from me!

I think we were all just politely waiting for the Captain to give the word...
:)
Last edited by Tiglath on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:04 pm Well FWIW it's a "Yes" from me!
OOC: Do eettt!
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by Eris »

Sir Baltus comes to the crew as you are finishing breakfast and while the rest of the Ling group is getting ready to leave the ship for their Safari.

He says, "Tionale? The rumor is the Baron wants you to go to Tionale for him, yes?"

"If so, be careful." he says, "There is a project underway there to geo-engineer the planet to have both a cooler climate and a less tainted atmosphere. The thing is the project is being run by Degado Trading and Ling is in a trade war with them at the moment. Whether they know you're working with us or not, I don't know, but I wouldn't advertise it if they aren't, and I'd avoid the Delgado people if I could."

"We wouldn't want to lose our ride."
he says tapping his nose, "Just a warning."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by Eris »

A bit later Lady Helga arrives at Connie Mac's airlock asking to see you.

"The Ling people couldn't have been more accommodating when the Baron made his...request...and we are most thankful that you are going to undertake this mission for us. I wanted to give you the first half of the payment and a letter to give to Frida Marie when you find her." she says, "Also, here is the most recent photo I have of Freddy, I doubt she's changed much as it was take only a couple of years ago."

She sighs, "I hope you can find her and convince her to come home, if only for a visit. She and her father really need to talk, to make peace with each other. And I miss her terribly, too."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:32 pm A bit later Lady Helga arrives at Connie Mac's airlock asking to see you.

"The Ling people couldn't have been more accommodating when the Baron made his...request...and we are most thankful that you are going to undertake this mission for us. I wanted to give you the first half of the payment and a letter to give to Frida Marie when you find her." she says, "Also, here is the most recent photo I have of Freddy, I doubt she's changed much as it was take only a couple of years ago."

She sighs, "I hope you can find her and convince her to come home, if only for a visit. She and her father really need to talk, to make peace with each other. And I miss her terribly, too."
"Perhaps you can record a message for us to deliver," Zaki suggests.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:25 pmSir Baltus comes to the crew as you are finishing breakfast and while the rest of the Ling group is getting ready to leave the ship for their Safari.

He says, "Tionale? The rumor is the Baron wants you to go to Tionale for him, yes?"
Sigrun gives Baltus a macho greeting and then as he departs she ruefully muses “I'll go visit some old acquaintances and see if I can find out how many other people know our business”. She calls back through the hatch “Back soon... and I'll check in... and it's perfectly safe - I can have as many guns as I like!” She takes an air cab to the seedier side of Startown to begin her enquiries.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:55 am
Eris wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:25 pmSir Baltus comes to the crew as you are finishing breakfast and while the rest of the Ling group is getting ready to leave the ship for their Safari.

Sigrun gives Baltus a macho greeting and then as he departs she ruefully muses “I'll go visit some old acquaintances and see if I can find out how many other people know our business”. She calls back through the hatch “Back soon... and I'll check in... and it's perfectly safe - I can have as many guns as I like!” She takes an air cab to the seedier side of Startown to begin her enquiries.
Sigrun runs through several contacts and contacts of contacts and discovers a little, but not much. There is trouble on Tionale all right. Delgado Trading is working a major geo-engineering project under contract from several Imperial nobles in the sector to open up the main world to major colonization. Right now it has a strong taint in the air requiring humans, vargr and aslan to wear filters at all times outside pressurized buildings. It is also, to quote one of Sigrun's contacts, bloody hot! It is only really comfortable at the poles and uninhabitable almost everywhere else. Of course, the natives...a specie called The Sixes...think the current environment is perfect. It's unfortunate for them that they are generally TL 0 or 1, nave no power and as such, have no real say in what is being done to their planet. There are a few Environmental Groups that are protesting, but the going odds say they'll have as much affect on the outcome as The Sixes will have, ie. none.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:10 am
Eris wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:32 pm A bit later Lady Helga arrives at Connie Mac's airlock asking to see you.

"Perhaps you can record a message for us to deliver," Zaki suggests.
"Yes, I'll do that!" Lady Helga says, "I will go do that now and send it to you."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#140 Post by Eris »

Joxe soon recieves a video message from Lady Helga.

Lily and Sigrun return to the ship after their separate errands.

The ship is refueled, the jump to Tionale is plotted and you are ready to lift whenever you take a notion to do so.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”