[005.1] Operations on Birach - Week One

joertexas
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

[005.1] Operations on Birach - Week One

#1 Post by joertexas »

We will run all of the threads in this single topic; I've opted to subdivide it by the week, instead of by character. We will need to keep what the characters know distinct from what the players know, but it's easier than running concurrent threads, IMO. This week started on Day 008, while you were all traveling.

Zhenya

Zhenya awakens in her mid-range hotel room in downtown Ifningholm after a busy day of travel the day before. As far as she can tell, no one has followed her.

Rock

Rock, his family, his staff, and the orphans awaken in their section of the House Foix estate in Ifningholm. They receive an invitation to break fast with Foix and his delegation, or take their own meal in the section's dining area.

Foix and company

The rest of the group awakens in their rooms, and are informed that breakfast will be served in the section's dining room at 0830 sharp.

Anne

I belatedly realized that Anne has some unfinished business from yesterday, so she will catch up to the group. Sorry 'bout that.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: [005.1] Operations on Birach - Week One

#2 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Taheri

She shows up to breakfast at 0830 sharp.

Be late, and the food and coffee will be gone.

Greetings, Comte. What are your plans for the day?
SpinwardMarch

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Rock
To Elvira: It seems that the Count is hosting breakfast. I suspect that important matters will be discussed. Would you care to join us? Given that the orphan's future is to be decided it might be fitting that they should accompany us. It might be good for the Comte, Lady Zhenya and Lady Taheri to be reminded what responsibility for children means at breakfast!

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:58 am Rock
To Elvira: It seems that the Count is hosting breakfast. I suspect that important matters will be discussed. Would you care to join us? Given that the orphan's future is to be decided it might be fitting that they should accompany us. It might be good for the Comte, Lady Zhenya and Lady Taheri to be reminded what responsibility for children means at breakfast!
Elvira messages that she, the children, the orphans, and their staff will all be at breakfast.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by The Bindoner »

Zhenya takes a hasty breakfast of strong coffee and croissants and goes shopping. From separate stores she buys a notebook computer and two comms. One of the comm units she registers under the name Tatyana Sergeevna Yesenina, her current identity.

Taking the notebook to a mass-transit station she starts to do orientation research on the local situation. Scanning through headlines she starts with the society pages, moves to the political and glances over crime and culture. Anything that looks interesting or useful she opens in a new tab read later.

It will probably help to register a media office, say Nikolsky House, and get credentials to work as an off-world journalist. The bureau will need to be established in a physical office, using cash to avoid connection to House Foix.

Using the unregistered comm she establishes a social-media account under the name Kuerzu (the nom de guerre of her dead lover, a mercenary and sometime pirate), as a tourist looking forward to some R&R.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by BackworldTraveller »

And so the whole family attend the breakfast briefing.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Tiglath »

Foix address the meeting and states "We have encountered some dishonest media coverage but unless this becomes an ongoing trend I believe the appropriate strategy at this stage is to continue with our diplomatic business. Having relocated to our quarters here should give any rogue media elements less opportunity to engage with us".

He adds "Meanwhile our goals are to assist the Birach Navy enquiry if required and to arrange appropriate care for the new wards of the House".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:22 pm Zhenya takes a hasty breakfast of strong coffee and croissants and goes shopping. From separate stores she buys a notebook computer and two comms. One of the comm units she registers under the name Tatyana Sergeevna Yesenina, her current identity.

Taking the notebook to a mass-transit station she starts to do orientation research on the local situation. Scanning through headlines she starts with the society pages, moves to the political and glances over crime and culture. Anything that looks interesting or useful she opens in a new tab read later.

It will probably help to register a media office, say Nikolsky House, and get credentials to work as an off-world journalist. The bureau will need to be established in a physical office, using cash to avoid connection to House Foix.

Using the unregistered comm she establishes a social-media account under the name Kuerzu (the nom de guerre of her dead lover, a mercenary and sometime pirate), as a tourist looking forward to some R&R.
Zhenya is able to accomplish all of the above without drawing attention, at least as far as she can determine.

The media sites detail the usual goings-on; the burglary crime rate is rising in the downtown area, the shipfitters union is threatening to strike, and Vee's video is still trending on the social sites. House Foix is mentioned in several business-related articles, as they are prominent players in the local economy.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:09 pm Foix address the meeting and states "We have encountered some dishonest media coverage but unless this becomes an ongoing trend I believe the appropriate strategy at this stage is to continue with our diplomatic business. Having relocated to our quarters here should give any rogue media elements less opportunity to engage with us".

He adds "Meanwhile our goals are to assist the Birach Navy enquiry if required and to arrange appropriate care for the new wards of the House".
"I think I have some help with the orphans' care, but are we taking them with us, or leaving them here," Vee asks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Tiglath »

Foix turns to Vee to respond and seems to suddenly loose his train of thought lost in the appreciation of her. He smiles at his own distraction and then finally replies "I will be guided by any advice I receive on the matter. I understand that children are resilient but I suppose life outside a starship hull could either be a welcome distraction from their conditioning or an overwhelming shock".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:21 pm Foix turns to Vee to respond and seems to suddenly loose his train of thought lost in the appreciation of her. He smiles at his own distraction and then finally replies "I will be guided by any advice I receive on the matter. I understand that children are resilient but I suppose life outside a starship hull could either be a welcome distraction from their conditioning or an overwhelming shock".
Vee smiles and then turns to speak with Rock. "Baron Darkrock, what would you suggest regarding the orphans?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Anne arrives late for breakfast, and she seems to be wearing the same clothes she was yesterday.

"Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything? I'm famished""

She appears to be in a rather good mood.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:52 pm Anne arrives late for breakfast, and she seems to be wearing the same clothes she was yesterday.

"Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything? I'm famished""

She appears to be in a rather good mood.
Vee does a double take. "Uh, no. We were just eating."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Tiglath »

Foix takes in Anne's arrival with an indulgent grin which he schools into a polite smile and replies "Very little Captain. I had outlined our strategy to be "business as usual" whilst minimising our exposure to the hostile media".

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by shaidar »

Anne

"Thank you. Ms Pike is safely delivered. My lateness is due to catching up with her father, we haven't seen each other for ages...Comte, I understand your ultimate aim when it comes to the Foix family. But, if I may ask, what are your plans on Birach for you to achieve this goal. I'm not quite sure how this all fits together."

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Tiglath »

Foix replies "I'm not sure that these events do necessarily fit together - save that this company were all involved. We did what we could in the tragedy of the Caladia and will continue to support the survivors. The purpose of our grand tour is to confirm our existing loyalties and alliances and this is the task which we will continue on Birach. Clearly one malicious media piece will not undermine the House but might be a symptom of something that needs addressing - we will see".

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

Anne nods

"Optics and alliances. Tactical maneuvering before the surgical strike. I suppose it's not that different from the navy. The weapons are different, mostly, but it's still combat, off a sort"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by joertexas »

After breakfast, Foix is invited to attend a meeting with House Foix's resident noble, Lady the Baroness Lisa Fouche, and her staff.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Tiglath »

Foix duly attends inviting any of his entourage with an interest to attend (non compulsory). He hopes Vee will attend if she is able. Grimaud will be there representing Foix's personal staff.

(OOC: Oddly enough I had an action planned to meet the "locals").

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by shaidar »

Anne decides to take Foix up on the offer to attend the meeting with the Baroness.

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”