The Tomb of Demara

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Tomb of Demara

#81 Post by mithrandir138 »

Dogma wrote:Lordan will see if Beldar needs healing and if so will cast cure light wound.
Yeah, he got pretty messed up by a morningstar to his chest.

Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 4 (He gains 4HP)

Beldar feels a warm sensation all over his body along with a euphoria. The pain in his chest subsides a bit and his wounds are filled with bloody flesh, then miraculously are covered with skin. His clothes and armor are still wet with blood.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by mithrandir138 »

Morganth and Slinker do not find any hidden doors but they become aware of the doors that are visible on the map.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by mithrandir138 »

Cheesy narrator: There are 2 doors to the north, one to the east, and another to the southwest. (not counting the one they just came through to the south) Which one will our unflinching heroes choose?

Brund the Decrepit
Tracker
Tracker

#84 Post by Brund the Decrepit »

Silverleaf will ready another arrow,'Well if there are any other Gnolls close by they will be ready for us after all of that noise, I will try to cover whichever door we choose.' Silverleaf will try to take a position in a portion of the room they are in that has safe footing and look back and forth from the East to the North doors with his bow at the low ready.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by max_vale »

Morganth strokes his beard thoughtfully for a moment as he considers each door and then says; "Well, I am no expert on castle construction; but I do believe that the door to the southwest would probably open into a chamber at the southwest corner of the structure....perhaps we should check there first as there are less likely to be multiple ways in and out?"

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Blazeguard »

Slinker checks all the doors for traps, listens for any voices, noises, etc., and tests whether they are locked or not (but does not open them). He then concurs, "Morganth, thou art wise beyond your years, and I would agree that the southwest door offers the least chance of ambush."

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by mithrandir138 »

Blazeguard wrote:Slinker checks all the doors for traps, listens for any voices, noises, etc., and tests whether they are locked or not (but does not open them). He then concurs, "Morganth, thou art wise beyond your years, and I would agree that the southwest door offers the least chance of ambush."
Each door is unlocked and the handle turns easily. Luckily you do this quietly enough as not to alarm anything that might be on the other side of any of the doors. You listen at the doors:

N(L): [1d100] = 6 - N(R): [1d100] = 45 - E: [1d100] = 92 - SW: [1d100] = 12

North (left) - 6
North (right) - 45
East - 92
Southwest - 12

At the left door to the north you feel a breeze come through the cracks in the door and you hear the sounds of the outdoors (crickets, frogs, etc.)
At the southwest door you hear voices of what appear to be stuttering small creatures, it sounds like they are bickering.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Blazeguard »

That's Slinker's vote.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by Dogma »

works for me

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by max_vale »

OOC: Me too

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by mithrandir138 »

You open the door to the southwest and carefully enter.

http://youtu.be/D2Aa_z9FxFY

The room is small and filled with junk. Most of it is pushed close to the walls, leaving a clear space in the center of the room. Squatting in the clear space are six little creatures holding drinking horns almost bigger than they are. They look very surprised to see you. Trying to be brave, the creatures threaten you.

You have caught the kobolds unprepared. Will you surrender, retreat, attack, or talk to the kobolds?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by max_vale »

Morganth; making sure that he is solidly behind a couple of his companions; whispers; "I shall put them to sleep with a spell....just hold them off of me for a moment." He then proceeds to attempt to cast sleep....

OOC: Do you want me to roll initiative?

Brund the Decrepit
Tracker
Tracker

#94 Post by Brund the Decrepit »

Silverleaf nods at Morganth's words and takes aim at the little buggers.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by mithrandir138 »

At the mention of the wizard casting a spell, the kobolds begin to scream: "NOOOOOO!!!!"
One of them bravely (or stupidly) runs in front of Silverleaf's knocked arrow, throws his weapon on the ground, puts his hands up and says: "P-p-p-please, please. Do not hurt us! No ... We will help you! Yes... yes..." His visage of fear turns to a wry sneer as his greed takes over -- while he rubs a nasty finger and thumb together, he continues: "yes... if ya make it worth our time.... w-w-w-w-hatchoo have to bargain with? Hmmm?"

These nasty little creatures are not very bright, but they may have some information you might want. OR... you could just make them bleed and take their stuff. Up to you, both are fine with me :)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#96 Post by Dogma »

"What do we have to bargain with, you ask? Tell us all you know and we will let you keep your miserable lives. How is that for a bargain!" The Cleric stares balefully at the kobolds while brandishing his mace.

Hopefully this in combination with the results of the sleep spell will have the little bugger spilling his guts...:)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by max_vale »

Ducking behind his companions; yet giving himself enough room to see the back of the room; Morganth closes his eyes and quietly recites the incantations to his spell while making the correct motions with his hands clutching the components....

OOC: Okay; as per the OOC comments; I'm gonna cast Sleep centered towards the back of the room so that it hits the kobolds except for the one attempting to negotiate with us and our party (obviously :) ). I'm just gonna roll for Initiative and the 2d4 HD affected by the spell....if you'd like to overrule this in anyway; cool.

Initiative roll: [1d10] = 2

HD affected: [2d4] = 2

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by mithrandir138 »

As Morganth invokes arcane magicks, the 4 of the 5 Kobolds farther back in the room immediately begin to yawn. Their drinking horns fall out of their hands and their weapons clang on the ground. One by one their eyes roll back in their heads as each of them plops to the ground with a thud. Slinker's keen ears hear the sound of change rattling around in a pouch as one of the Kobolds falls to the ground. One Kobold has not fallen, but is staggering with his head down looking at the ground. "Wh-- wha-- whats is happenings? I don't feels so goods...."

The other Kobold who is directly in front of you looks back at his companions in horror, and begins to panic."AHHHHHHHH! WHAT YOU DO?"

He squats on the ground and folds his arms over his head. "Don't hurt me! DON'T HURT ME! I will tell you what you want to know! JUST DON'T TELL ANYONE I TOLD YOU!!!! PLEASE!!!!"

"The hobgoblins have got the elf in the other tower room just across the entranceway from us. "

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Dogma »

Lordan glares down at the cowering kobold. "Hobgoblins you say? How many and how are they armed? Answer true for your life and those of your friends depends on it!"

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Blazeguard »

Slinker will quickly navigate the room and relieve the sleeping kobolds of whatever 'treasures' he can find. He will also remove their weapons and stash them in a pile behind the party.

Return to “AD&D 2e - First Quest Box”