Spider Silk

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Spider Silk

#261 Post by Spearmint »

Ok so while folk round up actions and discussions I have made a brief look back on the expedition to calculate the experience awards and make a note of your treasure trove.

Let me know if I have missed anything out:

Experience Awards:

Explore through two hexes of forest and the quarry. Explore one mining shaft. 230xp

Team gifts and respects to 'Lady of the Forest'. Uncover mystery to her identity. 100xp

Troop of Mandrill baboons x 10, 'alpha' males slain x3. 390xp.

Trade with Kraal the gnoll ranger and hyena pack. "Billy the kid' escapes being eaten (temporarily). Gain 1st Aid kits. 200xp

Huge Orb Weaver spider and two large Orb Weaver spiders. Entangled and drawn of silk threads, released without harm. 540xp

Silk drawn in yardage / xp 430xp

Quarry ogre. Pacify and lead to hive. 400xp.

Creatures avoided: Killer bees, soldier ants, giant weasels, wolf spider, skunks, giant bats . 100xp

Total: 2390xp. Divided by equal share to party and 1/2 share to hireling Solly. Equals 366xp per full share.

Rewards

Good roleplay and team work. Each player gets an additional 100xp for completing their first expedition.

Total Spider Silk experience earned: 466xp

Two players gain a 10% prime requisite bonus: Mai and Cadeweed, both receive 512xp.

Random awards
Previous random awards for my horse winning and wife's birthday. 201xp

Current xp should show:

Sir Dewey 667xp
Golgarth 667xp
Cosmo 667xp
Sigrid 667xp
Mai Ronin 713xp
Cadeweed 713xp

Treasure Trove:

(Solly returned unscathed to the mercenary guild. Please take his insurance fee back +10gp to whoever paid or shared Mai & Sir Dewey I think)

Spools of spider silk 43gp
Satchel of coins 63gp
I am not counting the 130cp

Divided according to full shares, each character receives 17gp & 10sp.

Military pick: may be sold, valued at several hundred gold at least. If kept by Cosmo, I will award the xp value for retrieving the item among the other characters as a compensation. (+70xp each). Thus a final tally would be:

Sir Dewey 737xp. 17gp, 10sp
Golgarth 737xp. 17gp, 10sp
Cosmo 667xp. 17gp, 10sp. Military Pick
Sigrid 737xp. 17gp, 10sp
Mai Ronin 790xp. 17gp, 10sp
Cadeweed 790xp. 17gp, 10sp

Solly npc. 183xp. 8gp, 15sp

Please adjust your sheets to reflect the above if you agree or post here for any adjustments overlooked.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

As the group gets to town and discusses next steps, he congratulates everyone. "Nice work everyone. Mission successful, and no casualties. I'll take it. Cosmo, that pick seems to look right in your hand, I'd vote to let you have it."

"Thank you for covering my share of the guide." The Knight hands Sigrid a gold piece and offers to complete the transaction with the mercenary guild to recoup the 10g retainer to give to Sigrid.

"I plan on staying in town for a bit, plus I need to perform my duties at the chapel. It was a pleasure to travel with you all. I hope to do so again soon."

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#263 Post by Bluetongue »

Military pick: may be sold, valued at several hundred gold at least. If kept by Cosmo, I will award the xp value for retrieving the item among the other characters as a compensation. (+70xp each).
Unless you want to sell the pick and a buyer can be found in the village then you have to export it to the citadel and then wait for a merchant or buyer and hope the profit makes it back and equally divided ... I just don't think it is worth it and would prefer a character gets blessed, we share the XP reward. I am fine with that.

I will post Golgarth going to the tavern.

With us returning, does that mean you will open up the festival thread to gain more XP and rewards.

Then I guess we organise more trips out to the wilderness or the Barrow Mounds.

If the last expedition left on May 10th. Do we need to then write off the time between now and then as 'downtime in the village recuperating' so that if we go on another expedition it would leave on the same day to synchronise the calendar. (So 'Golgarth stays at the tavern 10 days, fully inclusive -10gp or whatever cost?)

Sheet updated with money and xp.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Spearmint »

If the last expedition left on May 10th. Do we need to then write off the time between now and then as 'downtime in the village recuperating' so that if we go on another expedition it would leave on the same day to synchronise the calendar. (So 'Golgarth stays at the tavern 10 days, fully inclusive -10gp or whatever cost?)
That is my preferred option. The reason is for example if you decide to head to the Barrows and find a secret portal and start exploring on say May 5th, you might actually be encroaching on corridors and rooms that other expeditions are hoping to presently explore so that upsets the time line and synchronisation of events. So adjust your stay to the most forward date.

For folk short of cash, they can post being hired out as day labour earning 10sp a day in the village doing out jobs (dry stone walling, gardening at the posh villas, digging the new graves at the church, etc), which would cover standard fayre food and lodging at the tavern.

Characters can still plan on the tavern future endeavours, source more rumours and plot-hooks or possible side quests or party away in the Foul Pheasant.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#265 Post by Nordbo »

Military pick: (...) If kept by Cosmo, I will award the xp value for retrieving the item among the other characters as a compensation. (+70xp each).
(...)Thus(...)
Agreed and accepted! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Cosmo will pick all his pick-wielding opportunities as best he can.
DM: will Cosmo be able to have the item fully identified in town - if so at what cost ?

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#266 Post by Darithe »

Sigrid takes the gold piece from Sir Dewey and offers a grateful thanks and bow. "I hope we may adventure together again soon. I enjoyed the company and look forward to outpacing you again when needed."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Spearmint »

DM: will Cosmo be able to have the item fully identified in town - if so at what cost ?
As I mentioned in your forum, this investigation could take place in the village thread using the twin mage or any mages who have advertised their skills on the Bulletin board.

I note that Sigrid also has the Identify spell so you could ask her using the Player to Player forum to help and you could investigate the cost in the village for any components for the spell.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Spearmint »

I will just wait for everyone to finally confirm there XP rewards and gp or add any further actions or comments in regard to this first trek, then I will move the topic to the Completed expeditions thread.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by gurusql »

Confirmed for Cadeweed

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#270 Post by Nordbo »

Cosmo

working on a hunch, trots up next to Sigrid and asks "Thanks to your magic touch, we have been informed that this item here" - he indicates the pick - "...has some aura of enchantment. Did you perchance notice if it was of a benevolent or beneficial kind ? Although I have some limited training in the art of obscuring the mind, the reverse does not come so easily to me. How could one find out further about its application - do you have any advice ?"

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#271 Post by Darithe »

Sigrid looks down at the odd little man and listens quietly to his questions. She studies his face for a moment, before replying, "Well, I think it is benevolent, assuming one could ever call a weapon benevolent that is, as its not too benevolent," she sounds out the word carefully as if her tongue is unused to its usage, "for those on the receiving end of it's strike. But to the wielder yes it does provide a boon." She ponders his last question for several beats before answering, "My teacher Higva taught me an incantation that can sometimes reveal the secrets of an object's enchantment. However, I lack the items needed to cast it. It requires a pearl of good quality, an owl feather seeped in fine wine and a live carp." She frowns, "If you happen upon those items, I'd be happy to cast it for you."

OOC: My sheet its updated for the experience and coin.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Spearmint »

. However, I lack the items needed to cast it. It requires a pearl of good quality, an owl feather seeped in fine wine and a live carp." She frowns, "If you happen upon those items, I'd be happy to cast it for you."
there are carp pools in the southern edge of the Helix region, wine may be bought locally, investigate the jeweller's or the town mage for potential pearls.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#273 Post by Nordbo »

Cosmo

takes in the tattooed lady's advice: "Thank you for your kind guidance and offer; I understand such divination is a complex art. If the ingredients can be located, perhaps I could trouble you again. And do not hesitate to call on me for any assistance, if I am able to help in return. As us folk say: 'Zhiyao wo neng bandedao'. " - while discretely eyeing Sigrid's multi-feathered outfit; wouldn't it be a hoot if she was carrying an owl quill without realising it.

Character sheet updated with XP/money/info about magic weapon as known right now.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Spearmint »

Ok. So I will call this a wrap and move the expedition to the Completed thread. Please adjust your sheets for the following:

Sir Dewey 737xp. 17gp, 10sp
Golgarth 737xp. 17gp, 10sp
Sigrid 737xp. 17gp, 10sp
Mai Ronin 790xp. 17gp, 10sp
Cadeweed 790xp. 17gp, 10sp

Solly npc. 183xp. 8gp, 15sp.

Arriving back in Helix on April 30th. Please post your character returning to the tavern there and note how you spend the next days of 'downtime', adjusting your coinage to reconcile your stay at the tavern.

Do any shopping and research in the various Settlement: Helix threads and decide on your next adventures.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Urson »

Updated for Mai Ronin
FA FO

Return to “Completed Expeditions”