Re: Expedition planning and discussions

#241 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A budding new cult? :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Rex »

There are so many cults running around it is hard to keep track of them all.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Spearmint »

Easier to be an atheist.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Stirling »

Depending on when you want to set off Sir Dewey, I can post in the game to try and get Tamson to come.

I also have these anti-lycan shackles, not sure how Krothos will want us going around with the lizardman. But he could be restrained with them if needed.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Spearmint »

I will let you guys roleplay in town a few more days to complete any pre-expedition planning then set up a thread for the expedition to return to the Sauron Mound/Black Knight mound.

Maybe one of you can come up with a suitable expedition title.

There are still discussions at the Old Manse to conclude, perhaps some extra support from church or state and possibly other players being able to join in if they make it back in time.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Spearmint »

I really don't want to drag this out any longer than it has already gone, as I am certain other players would like to move on to bigger and better things. (like a new adventure, maybe?)
Quite so. I am concluding some other expeditions and introducing new players so there may be extra players in the pool to recruit from.

I will start the next Sauron Mound Expedition over the weekend subject to concluding all the village roleplay and once the Ironguard groups are finished in the citadel, they can effectively leave for Barrow Moor locations from there rather than returning to the village if you prefer.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Quonundrum »

Moriartus is planning an expedition to eradicate a harpy nest in the barrow meadow and rescue any charmed captives thereof. Expected departure date is June 5th.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by ravenn4544 »

I'm not sure what level everyone is at, nor familiar with the lay of the land, but open to any adventure a first level nobody won't immediately die in :)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Stirling »

Most folk who started a year ago are probably 2nd level, some might have touched 3rd. Those joining recently are first level like yourself.

It seems to take an average three expeditions to level up, depending on group survival rate and encounter challenge, area explored.

Bonus XP is generously awarded too for problem solving, role play, anniversaries, horses winning races and lots of out of expedition stuff like creating tributes or engaging in community festivals.

As to expeditions: Sir Dewey is recruiting sacrificial lambs to face an undead knight of the god of death and Moriartus is recruiting bait to lure a flock of harpies from their lair.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#250 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven will be recruiting again soon as well, for a return trip into the Barrowmaze.

But first, he promised Moriartus that he would go along with his expedition to kill off the remaining Harpies. (and rescue the Bennerjake twins, if they yet live)

I am hoping to go along with that group on our way back to the mounds again, but we will need to see how that encounter plays out before making solid plans.

Does this sound good to you Rex? Or would you prefer we go another route?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Rex »

Sounds good to me. Orgoth will be with Sven.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#252 Post by Hvalreki »

ravenn4544 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:14 pm I'm not sure what level everyone is at, nor familiar with the lay of the land, but open to any adventure a first level nobody won't immediately die in :)
If you find yourself in Bogtown, Golgarth (Bluetounge) and Gunter (me) are probably in way over our heads. I think we're both first level though, at least I know for sure I am :D

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#253 Post by Cwreando »

Quonundrum wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:30 am Moriartus is planning an expedition to eradicate a harpy nest in the barrow meadow and rescue any charmed captives thereof. Expected departure date is June 5th.
"I'm in."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed has already committed this is harpy fest as well.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Are Cosmo and Sigrid joining us on the re-journey to the Sauron mound?

Anyone in town on that date (May 26th) is also welcome to join.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Spearmint »

Yes they are. You have six conscripts militia and Vann hired Sundance, a mercenary mage.

Foxrell is elsewhere, Sun Tsieng Roy absent. All other player characters committed to other ventures.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Spearmint »

Dalin & Johka plan to trek to Bogtown, the dwarf doing a discreet favour for Foul Pheasant landlady Pernicious.

I will open an expedition thread for the trek in the next couple of days and give you Dalin, some background to Perni's request.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by Spearmint »

* meta post *

Maybe the group should turn home and team up with some more/new people and then return? Or if the GM wants to throw in new PCs in this location? As of now we're a little short on players. The mission itself is great, but I'd prefer some interaction/dialogue.
I do feel for the group. After my illness bout it seems we lost three players and that affected the group posting and interaction. It means I NPC six of the nine in the group which is not ideal. I also gave various clues to those dropped out players which would help though to be fair, you are in the correct region if Kong's directions are accurate.

Things will possibly hot up depending on outcomes to player actions. Other players are not the only figures you can dialogue with mind.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Spearmint »

Dalin & Johka

Your expedition has started. As you are trekking to Bogtown, I am using the same 'Quick travel' as I used for those going to Ironguard, where I roll for random encounters for every hour of travel.

As one was rolled, I described the scene in the Bogtown: Travel and Encounters en route thread, so post there firstly.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#260 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks for the notice Kris. I'll post there shortly.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”