Helix: Chapel of St Ygg

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Helix: Chapel of St Ygg

#261 Post by Cwreando »

Drugo

Brother Durgo overwhelmed at the sight feels the strength of St. Ygg and that of Sir Guy O'Veargne vision. A blessing he cherishes but aslo feels unworthy of at the same time.

"I will honor you and bring you back Sir Guy and praise be St. Ygg."

Durgo tithes an extra 5 gp for the service. - 5 gp
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Jernau35 »

Perseverance Hake

Hake visits the Chapel early one morning, spending an hour in prayers and devotions. He also offers up fifty gold pieces as a tithe.

-50gp

Once done, he waits for a while, hoping to speak with Brother Gamdar or Sister Cella.

"By the grace of our good Saint, I have just returned from Crooked Yew. I bring news from Brother Leomane and of recent events there."

"I am also hoping to learn anything that might be known of the more vicious undead. I encountered several wights and some form of ghost on my travels. One of my companions had his soul ripped away by them. I feel myself driven to learn more about their terrible curse and if it can by countered. "
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Spearmint »

The Chapel of St Ygg.

Cleric Perseverance Hake is received, offering his tithe and joining in attendance at the domain chapel.

"Vicar Othar will be pleased to find Brother Leomane advances the Futurus among the pagans and the building is being erected without contestation." Brother Gamdar replies, receiving you into the vestry.

"Many similar enquiries have been made recently. These dead are disturbed too frequently now." he comments. He listens to your testimony, scribbling notes and adjusting the community register of those 'hatched, matched & dispatched' in regard to listing the mercenaries deaths. You note that as in Crooked Yew, a new memorial has also been raised in the chapel graveyard to commemorate the recently deceased.

"It is my understanding that those slain by Wightish touch or the withering from spectres rise, contaminated by their necrotic essence to be enslaved or indentured as Wights themselves under the baleful influence of their superior."

Necromancy not only covers 'dealings with the dead' but is also the 'school' or title of magic that healing spells come under. He suggests studying in a specialized 'necromantic' field might help understand how such 'chill touch' brands the inner soul and drains life and energy. He has no specific workbook on that topic but suggests that silvering weapons and augmenting items with divine blessings may be of some use or protection.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Jernau35 »

Hake

"Thank you Brother Gamdar. Your advice is most helpful. It has shown me a course of study and prayer that may bear fruit. I shall meditate here for a while on my next actions".

Before leaving the chapel, Hake details the prayer he made to create the enhanced Light of St Ygg that caused the wights to flee in the Silvanus Grove.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

Cadeweed finds his way to the Chapel of St Ygg after returning to the village. Before entering he will see if the church is still collecting money for the holy water project. He enters the building like the familiar place that it is to him.

Assuming that he is able to find someone without much trouble. He says "I am hoping to complete two transactions. First, I would like to make a donation as part of the drive mentioned out front and second, I would like to purchase a vial of holy water. Are those things you can help me with"

100 gp donation + 25 gp for a vial of holy water subtracted

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by Spearmint »

You can purchase a vial of holy water (-25gp) here. The upgrading of the font to the next level is a continuing project.

For the charity donation, you get 1/2 the financial investment back as xp, so note (+50xp)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#267 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin back from a very short run to the mounds stops by the Chapel maybe just due to the scare from so many undead creatures maybe who knows what. The dwarf listens quietly says a little prayer and chimes in "Did I hear correctly someone recently came back from the Crooked Yew?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#268 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth

Will enter the Chapel, reminding himself that the very foundations of the site are Cromm Cruachian in construction and he intends to restore the faith in the village settlement.

If a minister is present, he will report the undead incident at the Herne site and bring the Wight body for inspection and burial (if the mage didn't buy the corpse first).

He is interested in what other Undead activity is happening in the settlements and offers any help to rid the undead plaguing the area.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Spearmint »

The Chapel of St Ygg's

Golgarth, Gunter & Dalin touch base in the chapel, bringing for inspection the dead Wight's body.

The trio enquire regarding the recent 'undead' outbursts and cult activity. The general feeling is that it all must be related, with a minor demon mounting an elemental beetle also being encountered a few days earlier in a similar area of the Barrow Moor.

The Wight's body is given a basic autopsy and blessing ritual by Brother Gamdar before he takes a backhander from the village mage to discreetly acquire the corpse for research purposes. The trio agree a compensation as noted in the Tower of Mazzah thread. +30gp, so 10gp each.

The senior cleric, Vicar Othar resides in the Old Manse and will respond in that thread, but in general will support any endeavour that seeks to throw more light on cultic activities and any fall-out of the recent Nergalite devotees execution.

To that end, they will support an expedition by supplying a Vial of Holy Water from community supplies to each participant and provide clerics with a Protection Scroll to bolster any group success.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#270 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven buys a pair of red leather gloves and cuts the fingers off, wearing them in the chapel at all times.

He tries to find Sister Cella and Brother Gamdar, hoping to tell them everything they encountered in the Pit of Chaos area. (though he leaves a few of the less proud details out of his tale)

"I think this new revelation is more serious than we can ignore. I want to ask if there is any way we can get a little help from the church on our next mission into the maze. With all the evil we encounter in there, we need professional help. Someone better than the mercenary guild can provide."

He looks on with high hopes, reminding them of all the good that will come from the cultists being eliminated.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by Spearmint »

The Chapel of St Ygg.

Lightening Strike: Smite the damned vs 1% [1d100]=94

Oblivious to any stormy clouds gathering overheard on an otherwise bright and sunny midsummer's day, Sven goes to the chapel for a partial confession and reporting to Brother Gamdar in the latest discoveries that he has, well discovered.
Among centuries old detritus you can find manuscripts and parchments which detail Nergal rites and rituals, infernal writings detailing proscribed protocols and administrations:

worthy information, I will include these in the discussion in the Chapel visit.
You bring some some the found documents which Brother Gamdar would be eager to transcribe. Actually they give him severe headaches just reading through and he wonders at your ability to shake off the afflicting migraines. They give an insight into unspeakable horrors and rituals, demonic summonings and rites of passage. It may take a while, but passed on to the Cathedral library in Ironguard Motte, it may help them script further wards, Protections from minor demons, prayers of deliverance and exorcisms, and such like. He offers to receive them with a promise that as they are studied, any benefits will be shared back to the Guild on an equal basis (ie: you get

Scroll availablity: Protection from Undead (Ghouls) vs 25% [1d100]=14

In regard to further help, Sven's request is considered and knowing of certain Barrie Mounds dangers, the chapel can supply a Protection from Undead (Ghouls, Ghasts): scroll from the archived vaults stored in the Old Manse courtesy of Vicar Othar and recognising Orgoth's own vows of religiosity towards Cromm Cruach can gift him a Vial of Holy Water from the vaults too (the Font production has already been distributed for this current week). The church can also script a minor scroll that has the Erase spell (MU 1st) written upon it which could be employed to defuse any 'glyphs of warding' or magic writings (even on a runic tablet). This could give a "one-shot' protection to nullify or cover a particular danger.

Church availablity of npc cleric?: vs 1 [1d6]=2

Unfortunately, sparing clergy to go delving the darkest reaches of the Barrowmaze is not possible and current St Ygg affiliates are either not available or unskilled for such a demand. So they cannot reinforce your expedition in person.

You (Sven, Orgoth) have benefitted in the past from various acts of devotion such as the Font memorial and the one to the Paterson's, even nights of prayer and fasting can be acted out to gain divine blessings (a Saving Throw, improved THAC0, guidance), so any of the group can roleplay some devotion if they like and their piety might attract some favour.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

Orgoth will thank them for the Holy Water and leave 50gp in the poor box/donation plate.

Sheet updated.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#273 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven will take both scrolls with great appreciation, despite the church having no able bodied healers who might accompany them.

"We intend to locate the Font Of Law in the maze, if we can. The pit demon clearly stated that it was the only way to seal the Pit of Despair, and we REALLY need to do that eventually."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Spearmint »

In the Chapel is a stained glass window, raised in memory of Sir Guy O'Veargne, one if the crusading Templars who originally carried the Fount of Law orb into the Barrowmaze centuries earlier.

Brother Gamdar encourages you all (both, Sven & Orgoth plus any npc's) to pray beside the window and seek St Ygg for divine favours in your endeavour to redeem the relic and fulfill the original quest.

If you choose to do that, script a relevant devotional and add a [1d100].

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

Orgoth will join Brother Gamdar in a prayer to St. Ygg underneath the stained glass window of Sir Guy O'Veargne.

"Although I am blessed by Cromm I give thanks to you for your support and the support of your followers in the battle versus Evil in all its forms."

Prayer to St. Ygg [1d100]=69

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#276 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeing Orgoth is not against praying to a deity he doesn't actually worship, Sven also figures it can't hurt to try.

He will gather the others who are going with us as well, asking them in turn who they pay homage to.

"After seeing the horrors the Pit of Chaos produces first hand, I call on St. Ygg to aid us where he may, as we must be successful in defeating the evil that dominates the Maze."

Random Percentile Roll [1d100]=66 :lol: (almost the same roll)

Would you like rolls for the others, or can you make those?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by Spearmint »

Would you like rolls for the others, or can you make those?
I was figuring Crippens & Yardie might convert to Cromm Cruach since the Pit and escape are dwarves are steadfastly Moradin faithful. So I will script a devotion for them. I posted an invite for Veronica to take the opportunity too and will update the expedition forward tomorrow.

qtkat
Scout
Scout

#278 Post by qtkat »

Veronica...

feeling confident of the adventuring skills of her new found friend yet wary of the dangers they are sure to encounter decides to head over to the Chapel of St. Ygg to pray for his (or her?) intercession. She enters the chapel and nods reverently to any clergy there or laity engaged in prayer as she is about to be. She kneels to pray.

St. Ygg defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Enemy. May the Forces of Law rebuke them. May the forces of a Lawful Cosmos rebuke them, we humble pray
And do thou, our Spear and our Stronghold, cast into the darkness all creatures and energies which would make a mockery of the Order of the Cosmos and prowl around the earth for the devouring of souls.

She contiunes to kneel in silence....

When she rises she asks the Priest there to bless her instruments of war. Her shield and spear, her hammers and javelins

Percentile [1d100]=19

On the way out she places three gold coins in the coffers -3gp

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Spearmint »

prayers are spoken, whether the Gods have heard remains to be discovered, Fates, blessings or banes await.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Spearmint »

The Chapel of St Ygg

July 16th 1066.

After many miles on foot, Bellatrix finally walks her through the gates at Helix. Wearing splint mail underneath the white tabard with the red cross of St. Ygg emblazoned on the front, she carried a shield over one shoulder while her helm rode against one hip. Her short frost white hair drew some looks, some even noting the tips of her slightly pointed ears when the breeze pulled away her locks.

The warrior cleric found the shrine easily enough and headed straight for it. Dwarfed by the stone cathedral in Ironguard, the small church held a toe hold in a frontier where the heathen and the pagan held sway. Entering the cool confines of the church, Bellatrix made her way past rows of burning candles and the carved wooden pews, stopping at the foot of the altar. There she made the sign of St.Ygg with her hand before prostrating onto the cold stone beneath her. The proper litanies were spoken, a brief prayer, and she was back on he feet. She looked around while retrieving the scroll case which held the papers she was to deliver the prelate of this church.

Return to “Settlement: Helix”