US making a character generator?

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: US making a character generator?

#81 Post by Leitz »

My next, and likely last, bit will be to work on the racial modifications for stats. Probably some time this week, I'm taking a "staycation" and working on personal projects.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of participatory interest in this, and I'm not really up for doing lots of data entry. If we can get some more fingers on keyboards it might be fun to press on.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by rredmond »

Sorry, I want to help but work isn't cooperating. :(
I'll try my best to get in sometime soon!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by Lance »

I'm participating in a module writing contest, while unexpectedly getting promoted at work. I'm not complaining, just busy. :D

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Leitz »

Lance wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 pm I'm participating in a module writing contest, while unexpectedly getting promoted at work. I'm not complaining, just busy. :D
Congratulations on the promotion!

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Lance »

Leitz wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:41 pm
Lance wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 pm I'm participating in a module writing contest, while unexpectedly getting promoted at work. I'm not complaining, just busy. :D
Congratulations on the promotion!
Thank you, just in time for my birthday! :)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Leitz »

I've done the racial stat modifiers. There is no code to preclude diverse race and class mixes.

The code assumes that the character class is the defining standard, and uses the racial stat modifiers before adjusting for any class minimums. That allows for stats of 19, where appropriate, but does not raise the chance of them beyond the usual roll.

There are a lot of possibilities in this. However, absent a dwarvishly industrious team, I'm not sure how much more will be done. Always open to conversations.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Leitz »

So, I'm not really back at this, but working a parallel track. I tend to use a lot of NPCs in my games and stories, and for a long time I've been wanting to do a character bible. That is, a place to put notes on characters so I can refer back to them as needed.

My recent job search was instigated by my company losing a work contract. :) The market for my domain tends to use Python, so I'm back to Python. Keeping things simple, this has a SQLite backend and should be just Python standard library stuff.

If anyone want's to participate, lemme know. If it doesn't quite meet your needs, feel free to fork the project and add what suits you best.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Honestly I fell off on this myself I haven't done anything with this since the last time I posted on this topic....sorry.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Leitz »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:00 pm Honestly I fell off on this myself I haven't done anything with this since the last time I posted on this topic....sorry.
No worries, pardner! If someone wants to add stuff, they should be able to. Or they can clone the repo and make their own tool out of it.

While I'd not mind getting back to this, right now my plate is already over loaded and I'm spending my learning time in Python. If work says "do PHP", though, I may reconsider. ;)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No skin off my back mate. I was only doing HTML/CSS tweaking if I recall it was not the "highest" priority of the project.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “Suggestions”