Ambergris > In Search of a Song

hedgeknight
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ambergris > In Search of a Song

#101 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Mutters incoherently in a deep speech of tongues, as he gazed into the vessel. I imagine him holding it in the way Pippin held the Palantir orb in Lotr.

Eventually the grip on his mind released, at least physically.

"Well it would be a lot frigging easier if you told me the name and address." he says to the foetus, shaking it before putting it back on the shelves lest he drop it.

He looks at the gawping Lesh and Willow. "Eh?" he browses a bit more waiting on the lizardman to finish his business, idly scratching an itch with the hook hand.

Tell
Guide
Guide

#102 Post by Tell »

Lesh passes along to Willow most of the information about the Nymph and what it may hide looking for advice on protecting themselves. Keeping in mind what we have learned about guilds and needing some protection. He will motion Ambergris closer and ask about the Apothecary Alliance unless Ambergris mentions this latest vision. Sounds like we don't have much time.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by hedgeknight »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:28 pm Ambergris
"Well it would be a lot frigging easier if you told me the name and address." he says to the foetus, shaking it before putting it back on the shelves lest he drop it.
When he shakes he large jar holding the mysterious fetus, Ambergris gasps as a large, old mansion appears in his mind; somehow he knows the place is not too far away in the Lower City.
Tell wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:22 pm Lesh passes along to Willow most of the information about the Nymph and what it may hide looking for advice on protecting themselves. He will motion Ambergris closer and ask about the Apothecary Alliance unless Ambergris mentions this latest vision.
Willow listens and grumbles, "Bathing is for infants and the pallid flesh of the upper crust. Dirt never hurt nobody."
At the mention of the Apothecary Alliance, Willow narrows his eyes and gives Lesh a long look. "What about it? Ye looking fer membership? We apothecaries be an fairly exclusive lot. We don't let just anybody in. And what does this have to do with the Nymph? That place be a den of sin and debauchery. Liable to find anything going on in there."
Winter is coming...

Tell
Guide
Guide

#104 Post by Tell »

"Bath unless is and Lesh likes smelly bricks not. Hidden there what we seek is. Smelly the place is and some smells sleep or confusion cause ." This is why he asked for advice. About the guild he says, "Big problems are. Allies we need. You I help. Me you trade. Alliance be made?" He turns to see the crazy old sailor blindly stare at a jar and goes over to shake him awake.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

his irritation was directed at the vision not the DM :roll:

He receives the delayed location pic. It troubles him, some places best left unexplored.

"So we have some locations to check out. The Nympho place and another derelict villa full of shadows from the past and skeletons in the cupboard". He says regarding the mansion, alluding to maybe some history and secrets and not, hopefully not anyway, present day undead lurking about. Though given we track the Dead3 cult, it might be worth some precautions.

"Got any bath salts? Help ease the arthritis. And any flasks of souped up blessings? Divine holy waters? Might need to sprinkle a little holy 'peace and joy' around." he asks Willow.

Tell
Guide
Guide

#106 Post by Tell »

Lesh briefly considers bathing in salt before deciding it isn't for him. "Hook Hand this evil we fight. Time for peace and joy it is not." He turns back to Willow "Maker us you help will? For all strong and sharpe trouble comes. If must alone I will fight."

Persuasion: [1d20+0]=7+0=7

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Sees the plea that Lesh makes. "Your apothecary friend is still a business man.", he puts 50gp on the counter.

"Now how much help will that buy my friend and some holy waters if you have them to keep the ghoulies away."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by hedgeknight »

Just lost a post I'd been working on for nearly an hour. I fucking hate my internet service. :mad: :evil:
When I calm down, I'll try to recreate it...
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by hedgeknight »

Willow puffs his pipe a few times while glancing back and forth between the lizardfolk shaman and the one-armed sea captain. "An alliance, eh? Of mutual benefit to all parties, I suspect? Well, the bathhouse is a den of sin fer damn sure! I'd bet me right...er...eye on that!"
He glances at Ambergris' hook and returns to studying his pipe. "I will ask me fellow apothecaries; see what they know. But the bathhouse...sommat ain't right about it. Lots of folk go in, and never show back up. At least that's what me little goblins tell me. Ye'll need luck and grit to get to the bottom of whatever is going on in there."

Willow then begins to rummage along the shelves in the back, pulling out a jar of pink crystals and a small pouch before returning to the counter.
"Sprinkle these liberally in yer bath water; should help with the aches. Also, this here pouch has hickory bark; make a tea of it with a dollop of honey; it will help too."
He ignores the pouch of coin but says, "Ain't go no holy water 'round here. Best take that coin to the Suffering brothers; they likely have plenty fer sale."
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Mutters his thanks. I think with the night wearing on, the plan was to meet again in the morning and explore the Nymph place. So he suggests to Lesh that we rest now and rise early, pre-dawn preferably to take advantage of any folk leaving after hours. He assumes most of the cult activity will be during hours of dark, so that at least gives us time to snare anyone in those hours.

not sure if Ambergris has a permanent residence, he migrates between hostels and semi-permanent shacks.

So shall we say, meet at point X close to the Nymph at 4.00am?

Tell
Guide
Guide

#111 Post by Tell »

Lesh agrees to meet at 0400 but wonders if we can get into the Nymph that early. Maybe we can meet at the hospital, Elfsong, outside here, anywhere closer to the Nymph?

Lesh has one more question for Willow, "Maker a circle building with colored glass roof I pass. It you know?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by hedgeknight »

Tell wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:50 am Lesh has one more question for Willow, "Maker a circle building with colored glass roof I pass. It you know?"
"Aye, I know it," Willow replies, squinting at Lesh. "Rivalen Blackhand be the aged wizard who runs it. Deals in arcane magic and such. I've only been inside a couple of times, trading spell components with the old mage. He's a fine feller, I reckon. As fine as any wizard I guess."
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by hedgeknight »

Where are you guys bunking for the night? Or maybe more to point, where do you plan to drink until you pass out and then sleep in a corner? OR...do you actually find lodging (at a cost) for the evening? You have the coin ;)
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Spearmint »

not sure if Ambergris has a permanent residence, he migrates between quayside hostels and semi-permanent shacks.
I thought it might be later than your 5.00pm as the shop was closing for the evening. I am fine with moving the clock forward to the early morning unless there is a specific reason, (other than beer) to hang around in taverns.

Tell
Guide
Guide

#115 Post by Tell »

If it's not to late late to travel that far safely I will return to my cell at the temple otherwise I'll stay at the Elfsong.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by hedgeknight »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:12 pmI am fine with moving the clock forward to the early morning unless there is a specific reason, (other than beer) to hang around in taverns.
Oh, there's gonna be a reason :twisted:
Tell wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:05 am If it's not to late late to travel that far safely I will return to my cell at the temple otherwise I'll stay at the Elfsong.
Good to know ;)
Winter is coming...

Tell
Guide
Guide

#117 Post by Tell »

Are we, or the Elfsong, in the vicinity of either of the serial killers?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by hedgeknight »

You're pretty sure the Elfsong is in the general area, after all that's where you saw Gideon disappear into a room, maybe even following the strange druid's monk friend.
Wanna head back that way?
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Sure. I am fine with heading back that way. As I travel I will think on the two visions I received and try to pick out clues to identities and locations that might be relevant to solving those mysteries.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by hedgeknight »

Having decided to head back to the Elfsong Tavern, Ambergris and Lesh bid Willow a good evening and leave the apothecary. Once outside, they realize it is getting late and with the fog, the shadows of darkness are creeping in. They walk about ten feet before the door to the apothecary bursts open and Willow comes hustling out.
"Fergot ta tell ya sommat!" he scurries up to Ambergris and holds out a piece of slightly crumpled piece of black paper, folded into a pentagon. "Had ta dig through me drawers ta find it."
Ambergris unfolds the black pentagon and finds an elegant script written in silver ink. It reads:

Thou art invited to tea at 3:00 PM, Uktar 4th.
Do not be late. I wish not for the tea to get cold.
~~ Mandorcai ~~

Seeing Ambergris' frown, Willow pokes the pentagon and says, "Ye mentioned a mansion in yer...brain fart. This be Mandorcai's Mansion. It's in Bloomridge, a few blocks south of the Smilin' Boar cafe; near the wall that juts into Sea Gate. I never answered the invitation. I had heard of disappearances around the old mansion. So I figured I'd have me own tea at me own place. Just as well, I reckon. Wer'nt too after folk stopped receiving invitations. Seems like ol' Mandorcai either died off or just up and disappeared."

Willow shrugs and blows a cloud of smoke from his pipe. "Been a good 50 years or more since I got that invite. Maybe ye can answer it. Bit late though. I'm guessin' the tea be very cold by now."
Willow smirks and turns away, back toward his home.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”