The VOID - True OOC for everyone's eyes

GreyWolfVT
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: The VOID - True OOC for everyone's eyes

#121 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No worries Ben and I did post updates to both groups and haven't seen a whole lot of replies as of yet. I figure it is due to everyone being aware of my situation which has had some slight changes but not in a big way still some "what if's" or conditional things to wait out now. Guy that owns his departed mother's home next to us offered to let us stay there as a safety net if things don't work out with him buying the home we live in. So two things he said he is planning to put in an offer once the place is listed. However, he also said he is not one to haggle and keep up bidding on a place. He already looked at what the town says the place is worth, now it is more a waiting game to see what the realtor lists the place for and how this "bidding" works out.

Might be very strange living next door if things don't pan out here. Plus the place next door still has all his mother's possessions so it is a little for lack of a better word eerie. Part of the verbal agreement was that we would help him clean her stuff out and basically live rent free for the time there of at least a year to 18 months (his words) but we would pay for all utilities and other amenities/services we desire to have. As the place is not legally eligible to be rented per the renters regulations.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Rex »

Enjoy the holidays Ben and Good Luck Ed!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by spanningtree »

Hey Ed, renter restrictions or not, make sure you have a good contract going into a situation like that, especially for 18 months. 2 cents.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#124 Post by GreyWolfVT »

spanningtree wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:49 am Hey Ed, renter restrictions or not, make sure you have a good contract going into a situation like that, especially for 18 months. 2 cents.
Oh I hear you there, I just didn't want to push our luck. Being the only person that has offered to help us at present I didn't want to overstep.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by spanningtree »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:13 pm
spanningtree wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:49 am Hey Ed, renter restrictions or not, make sure you have a good contract going into a situation like that, especially for 18 months. 2 cents.
Oh I hear you there, I just didn't want to push our luck. Being the only person that has offered to help us at present I didn't want to overstep.
Yeah, rock and hard place. Luck to you.

GreyWolfVT

#126 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry for the hold up on my part again. It's going to be rough on my end in RL until probably after November. Still trying to work out where we are going to live after November. So I spend a lot of my off of work time searching all sorts of websites looking for anything listed that the wife and I can afford that allows us to maintain our rescue pets and has enough rooms for the teenage kids.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by ravenn4544 »

take all the time you need. we're in the process of selling our house and finding a place to rent. there is not much that meet our needs (especially when you throw pets into the mix). the real estate/rental market is crazy at the moment.

GreyWolfVT

#128 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:35 pm take all the time you need. we're in the process of selling our house and finding a place to rent. there is not much that meet our needs (especially when you throw pets into the mix). the real estate/rental market is crazy at the moment.
Sounds like a similar situation. I wish I had initiated the selling of the home but it wasn't my choice in this case. But yes pets and renting is insane. Right now my best options would involve moving to upstate NY or over to ME.

But at least someone else is aware of the same trouble I'm encountering. We are not alone Raven! :)

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#129 Post by SilverBen »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:33 pm Sorry for the hold up on my part again. It's going to be rough on my end in RL until probably after November. Still trying to work out where we are going to live after November. So I spend a lot of my off of work time searching all sorts of websites looking for anything listed that the wife and I can afford that allows us to maintain our rescue pets and has enough rooms for the teenage kids.
Ed, its okay, put first things in order and let everything else wait. This is a hobby and should be (at best) pleasant escapsim. If it becomes a distraction or complicating factor, then something else is deeply wrong. I'm happy to join you when you're ready and remain patient until then. Hang in there and consider this, just be grateful you don't live in more dire circumstances throughout the world right now - Afganistan or Haiti or Lebanon?
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by spanningtree »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:33 pm Sorry for the hold up on my part again. It's going to be rough on my end in RL until probably after November. Still trying to work out where we are going to live after November. So I spend a lot of my off of work time searching all sorts of websites looking for anything listed that the wife and I can afford that allows us to maintain our rescue pets and has enough rooms for the teenage kids.
All good Ed, take your time! Gaming be damned and all that! :D

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#131 Post by tarlyn »

Family is a lot more important at any rate :)
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Bluehorse »

I think Silver said it perfectly. Take your time. No worries.

GreyWolfVT

#133 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright so I forgot to update everyone Storm11 bowed out of the game back in August. RiverGreenForest is moving or has moved as of 9/11 but hopes to return to game based on PM conversations. So one team is temporarily down 2 players.

Aside from this I asked for a Co-DM in my games but only really ended up taking in 1 offer for this game and proposed to Hedgeknight our 2nd DM that we split up DMing the groups I take Group A and he takes Group B (his choice).

So please everyone welcome Hedgeknight to the game as a DM.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Good to have you!

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#135 Post by tarlyn »

Welcome!
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard Hedgeknight!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by hedgeknight »

Hey fellers! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I'm listening to the rain and watching a close Penn State vs. Iowa game right now. I love college football!

Looking forward to helping out if I can ;)
Winter is coming...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by spanningtree »

Hey there Hedgeknight! Welcome!

GreyWolfVT

#140 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well now we have a problem I have at least 3 players that have all left from the team Hedge was going to DM now that team is merely Rex and Darklin2.

Return to “GreyWolfVT's GreyHawk Adventure (2e)”