Chapter Nine: Year 300, 6th Day

BackworldTraveller
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter Nine: Year 300, 6th Day

#681 Post by ateno »

SpinwardMarch wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:54 am Maggie

Since she is not involved in flying the Queen, she goes to talk with Pranit about repairs and replacements.
"lets get a full listing of damage before repairs, right now, the hole in the bridge is the most important, we should check that every 2 hours for leaks,

Looks at the hole in the floor.

"Lets star at the bridge and work down, alright?

Pranit grabs his hand comp

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#682 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The hole really needs the patch removed, a piece of the hull-plate let in, weld, re-insulate and tart up with a lick of paint! Just ensure the bridge heads are locked while you do it!

The computer's power is fixed but still has the outstanding virtual game software installed (or whatever it is).

The consoles that were scavenged for parts need new parts!

A message is received from the port authority Captain - We have heard of your predicament at the North Pole and, in consultation with the local police have been asked to offer your vessel a police guard while you are docked. Do you wish to accept this offer?

Assana heads to the cargo bay where she meets with those looking at the lock. Any idea as to the key? This is going to take a long time to try as you can only try 10 keystrokes a second. One of my friends was asked to break into one and they end up cutting the sides out. It took them ages as they kept burning out the cutters. Fortunately that had somewhere quiet to do it. after a moment on the net The manufacturer says you can't use explosives as anything powerful enough to remove the door will vaporise the interior. It sounds like good hype and may be true.

Nālani heads off to see Zid. She seems to be shouting at someone on her communicator. Of course I'm in the south pole - I've helped the witnesses stay alive - Yes I know that isn't the role of a senior investigating officer, but I was here and would have died just as well as they would... She shuts up as she realises she's being overheard, smiles and invites you in (to your stateroom!) ...Look - I can't talk now. She hangs up.

Hi, err Nālani. And with that she shuts the door so the pair cannot be overheard.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#683 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani smiles back at Zid and closes the door behind her as she enters her stateroom.

I apologise, I cannot offer you my usual hospitality. My machines are still packed away in their cases. Which at least means they were not damaged, I suppose.

Sitting on the bed, so that Zid has the chair and desk, Nālani relaxes a little.

I believe you have a lot of questions. Shall we get the official ones over with first, or will they make it difficult to have our catch-up conversation afterwards? Her tone is lightly teasing, but she is fishing to see how serious the interview will be.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#684 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Zid closes the door on the crew for her discussion with Nālani, and the pair come out a few minutes later with no obvious signs of trouble from either side.
Captain - I wonder if Reven might be free for a few moments?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#685 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:27 pm
A message is received from the port authority Captain - We have heard of your predicament at the North Pole and, in consultation with the local police have been asked to offer your vessel a police guard while you are docked. Do you wish to accept this offer?
"Yes, we would like that," Indrani replies.

"Does anyone have ideas about the code to this cargo container?" Indrani checks to see if there are any records associated with the container, using any markings it might have as a reference.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#686 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani opens the crew channel and transmits; Do not touch the keypad on the cargo module, I have an idea.

Crossing the commons she searches the galley area for a sachet cocoa powder while using her HUD and voice recognition interface via throat comdot to search the datanet for quick delivery of a UV lamp, metal organic framework liquid and fluorescent latent fingerprint powder.

Pranit, you have been doing inventory, do we have a blacklight lamp?

Those items, with varying levels of accuracy, should show which keys have been pressed. That will make guessing the code easier.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#687 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Nālani, I assume that you are using the internet for instructions...This is going to be a time consuming task on your own, but a bit quicker if a team task

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#688 Post by The Bindoner »

Yes, team task is best. Nālani has an idea based on something she avoids doing. ;)

If people can help work out how to make use of that, great. :)

Fingers leave traces. We don't need prints, just which keys are "greasy". Narrows the search to a few numbers.

Of course, if we were in a Criminal Science Investigators Holo we'd be able to work out the age of the prints to a fine enough degree to establish the order they were pressed in, but the Holodramas think science is magic. "Enhance" :roll:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#689 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Noor

Noor gets where this is going. "Nice idea. I'll help." She does what she can under the direction of Nālani. Noor also decides to look up what length of passcode is used for this model container. "I want to know how long the code is. We found that asteroid, P5813-6392, in the holodeck. Just a curiosity."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#690 Post by ateno »

The Bindoner wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:15 pm[/ooc][/ooc]
[/quote

"Not that I know, I can have one delivered in a couple hours if needed."

Hi im back!

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#691 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:15 pm
The Bindoner wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:15 pm[/ooc][/ooc]
[/quote

"Not that I know, I can have one delivered in a couple hours if needed."
Hi im back!
Welcome back! :D
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#692 Post by BackworldTraveller »

There is a delay while the team wait for the equipment to be delivered.

Indrani & Pranit have a good chance to tidy, clean, store, patch and (if you wish to) load the launchers!

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#693 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:35 pm There is a delay while the team wait for the equipment to be delivered.

Indrani & Pranit have a good chance to tidy, clean, store, patch and (if you wish to) load the launchers!
Indrani turns to her assembled crew. "While we're waiting, let's see if we can inspect the ship to be sure it will stay airtight, and see what additional damages we have." Indrani now has her vacc suit on, so she can be useful. "I will work on patching up the bridge."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#694 Post by BackworldTraveller »

joertexas wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:49 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:35 pm There is a delay while the team wait for the equipment to be delivered.

Indrani turns to her assembled crew. "While we're waiting, let's see if we can inspect the ship to be sure it will stay airtight, and see what additional damages we have." Indrani now has her vacc suit on, so she can be useful. "I will work on patching up the bridge."
Cycling through the lock and taking a look convinces Indrani that there's a relatively simple welding job - Hull plate isn't a problem. A Mechanic Roll from someone is needed! It could be you

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#695 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:29 pm Cycling through the lock and taking a look convinces Indrani that there's a relatively simple welding job - Hull plate isn't a problem. A Mechanic Roll from someone is needed! It could be you
Indrani collects the equipment and materials she needs, and commences work on the hull patch.

Roll[2d6]=9 + Mechanic - 1 = 10
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#696 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani, now that the interview with the investigating officer is out of the way, has more of a bounce in her step.

We are not moving for a day or so, are we? I should let Hoshiko out of her cell, before she swears revenge on me. I will bring up my robot chef too, so we can eat. Then I will find something simple to fix. Any suggestions, Pranit?

Musing:We should hire the surveyor to come back and re-scan the Queen after today's events. It is possible we have worsened the damaged. Using the same expert should guard against inflated claims.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#697 Post by ateno »

The Bindoner wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 pm We are not moving for a day or so, are we? I should let Hoshiko out of her cell, before she swears revenge on me. I will bring up my robot chef too, so we can eat. Then I will find something simple to fix. Any suggestions, Pranit?
[/dialog]
"Food is good, but I should try and track down our crewmate in the hospital first and get a report, since we don't have a ship medic, it falls to me."

Pranit

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#698 Post by BackworldTraveller »

I omitted to mention - The Yacht Port has local gravity - That is under 0.1G

Indrani has the hull plate to fix not only the hole in the bridge (very neatly done - and somewhere in the bridge fresher there is a bullet!) but the crack in the outer skin too. However, after the bridge hole, she notes that she's starting to get all sorts of odd mails..."Had an accident that wasn't your fault, Contact <pick a lawyer's practice for the list of callers>"

The loosing of the cat is not as bad as expected. Hoshiko seems to be somewhat subdued. Perhaps spin-drying the cat box wasn't too terrible. Although, coaxing Hoshiko from the top-shelf of the wardrobe is not immediately successful.

Zid and Reven are still conversing in the cabin.

Pranit's attempt to negotiate Hospital Admin get tied up in the phone system Admin roll to disentangle

Maggie gets to keep an eye on the news feeds - and generally properly tidy up in/settle in to her cabin. Assana chats and helps/hinders.

And then Nalani's equipment starts to arrive...

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#699 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:51 am
Indrani has the hull plate to fix not only the hole in the bridge (very neatly done - and somewhere in the bridge fresher there is a bullet!) but the crack in the outer skin too. However, after the bridge hole, she notes that she's starting to get all sorts of odd mails..."Had an accident that wasn't your fault, Contact <pick a lawyer's practice for the list of callers>"
Indrani ignores the messages, but she doesn't delete them. After all, they might need a lawyer...

Once the repairs are done, Indrani returns to the bridge and starts evaluating the ship's computer.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#700 Post by ateno »

To get the front desk to transfer me to the SICU info person.

Admin: [2d6+2]=7+2=9

Return to “A new Heaven? A new Earth (Traveller)”