Runequest II:Pavis/Big Rubble

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
monolith
Runner
Runner

Runequest II:Pavis/Big Rubble

#1 Post by monolith »

Looking to run a game of Runequest 2nd Ed. With players that can hold their own with regard to character generation. I do have the Runequest Roleplaying in Glorantha but I’m looking to run a ‘less’ crunchy rule set and I don’t have the time/inclination to hold the players’ hands plus the 2nd Ed. Rules are more readily available price wise.

The game will take place with the characters arriving at Pavis to try their luck in the Big Rubble.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Runequest II:Pavis/Big Rubble

#2 Post by dmw71 »

I actually purchased 'RuneQuest 2nd Edition (1980)' a couple of months ago, but I haven't even attempted to read it yet, much less play it.

Depending on the expected posting rate, I would be willing to give it a shot if there's enough interest to get this off the ground.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by AndyS_66 »

I’d be interested to play if there are any places. I’ve played RQ before but it was years ago. I’m not too familiar with Glorantha as a setting beyond the basics but I’ve heard of The Big Bubble.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by BackworldTraveller »

I've also played, years ago...any hints as to which cults would be in/out for players?
Oh no, The books I have are 3rd Edition. Opportunity for buying spree?

monolith
Runner
Runner

#5 Post by monolith »

dmw71 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:40 pm I would be willing to give it a shot if there's enough interest to get this off the ground.
Good to see your interest. Hang around and let’s see if this game comes to fruition. For you and anyone else interested I’m available to answer any questions.

monolith
Runner
Runner

#6 Post by monolith »

AndyS_66 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:09 pm I’d be interested to play if there are any places. I’ve played RQ before but it was years ago. I’m not too familiar with Glorantha as a setting beyond the basics but I’ve heard of The Big Bubble.
You’ve got more experience than me. Me, all I know is what I’ve gleaned from reading the core rules and sourcebooks. And yeah, there’s a place for you at the table.

monolith
Runner
Runner

#7 Post by monolith »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:43 am I've also played, years ago...any hints as to which cults would be in/out for players?
Cults of Prax will be the source for which cults are available to the players.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by BackworldTraveller »

monolith wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:45 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:43 am I've also played, years ago...any hints as to which cults would be in/out for players?
Cults of Prax will be the source for which cults are available to the players.
OK - What I meant was are we looking at Lightbringers Vs Red Moon and Chaos? Mixing pantheons could be messy in the rubble!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

monolith wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:35 pm Hang around and let’s see if this game comes to fruition.
I should probably bow out of this one.

I have since joined as a player in a 5e game, and between it and the two games I'm running, I'm not confident I'll be able to keep up with another game... especially a game I am completely unfamiliar with.

It does look like there is some interest out there so I hope this still gets off the ground. I'll definitely lurk.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ffilz »

I'd be game to play in this, though I should check with you about what official scenarios you're thinking of running since I have my own campaign (Roll20) in progress...

I've been a RuneQuest gamer since 1978 when I purchased 1st edition (which I still run), almost exclusively in the GM's seat.

While I have all the RQ1, 2, and 3 scenarios, and our campaign is currently in Pavis and the Big Rubble, I actually haven't read any of the official scenarios too closely other than Balastor's Baracks which I ran way back in the RQ1 pre-Cults of Prax days. Pavis keeps us safely away from Apple Lane and the Rainbow Mounds which I know inside and out.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by AndyS_66 »

monolith wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:40 pm
You’ve got more experience than me. Me, all I know is what I’ve gleaned from reading the core rules and sourcebooks. And yeah, there’s a place for you at the table.
Thank you for accepting me. I have experience with the system and its a game I really like. I’m hoping to finally learn more about the setting as we play.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by BackworldTraveller »

One further question...What is the minimum party size for this and what is the expected cycle time on messages

Phraint
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by Phraint »

Hi, again Monolith I would alternately be interested in joining a Runequest group.
If you have an opening let me know.
Thank you, Phraint (Mike).

Gomezthebarbarian
Tracker
Tracker

#14 Post by Gomezthebarbarian »

I’d like to toss my hat into the ring. I have the rules.

Phraint
Strider
Strider

#15 Post by Phraint »

Gomez, if you are offering to run a game count me in! :D

Return to “Looking for players or games”