Re: Lower City: Blade & Stars

#41 Post by alchemy »

What is a center? Can you show me?

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Belkregos »

Tommy nods to Charlie and says in a lowered voice to him as he is waiting to see the captain’s reaction
“if you find one Charlie, just treat him right and you’ll see he’ll know you’re one of the good ones and stay around”
Then Looks to the captain,
“Takes a special kind of creature to want to see the reaction of the family …. Do you know this place or person Captain?"
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by hedgeknight »

alchemy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:48 pm What is a center? Can you show me?

Lupeen, still holding Belle, gives Ostis a sad smile. "I cannot. But...Aurayaun can...when we find her."

Belkregos wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 pm Tommy nods to Charlie and says in a lowered voice to him as he is waiting to see the captain’s reaction
“if you find one Charlie, just treat him right and you’ll see he’ll know you’re one of the good ones and stay around”
Then Looks to the captain,
“Takes a special kind of creature to want to see the reaction of the family …. Do you know this place or person Captain?"

Tommy's words please the child, and then Manip Kray frowns at the Tabaxi, but answers. "Everyone in the Lower City and Outer City knows where it is. I'm sure you can get someone to guide you there. It's down by the docks. Turn right out this door and go to the intersection. Turn left and follow the street past the Elfsong Tavern and then take the second street on your left. Eastway Main is the name of the street. Follow it to the docks and you will see the Low Lantern; can't miss it...unless the fog is thick. And then just listen for the laughter and sounds of fighting or shouting. Should lead you right to it."
Winter is coming...

alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#44 Post by alchemy »

As hard as it is to believe, the barbarian seems crestfallen that there's none here who can help him. Making his way to the bar, he orders a tankard of ale.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Belkregos »

Tommy nods tot he officer and then turns back to Belle and Charlie
do you kids know how do they call this scarred man ?

OOC: after they get the name tommy waits to see what the guards will do, if they will go and question the individual to the lower city then they will follow otherwise he and Ostis will go there by themselves
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by hedgeknight »

At Tommy's question, Belle shakes her head. Charlie says, "We don't say his name. He said if any of us kids say his name he will come for us and...and feed us to Ol' Cholms!"
The two Fists chuckle and even Manip Kray smiles. "Well, Lupeen, on your word, we will return to our patrols."
The sergeant has a strange look as if he can't quite understand what happened in the past couple of minutes. "You kids run along. And as for you two..." he gives a look at both Ostis and Tommy "...enjoy your stay at the Blade & Stars. Nice place, this."

The Flaming Fist patrol leaves and then Lupeen gives the children some food and they leave too. Little Charlie waves at Tommy before Belle tugs him out the door. Kelvar sits back in his chair with a puff and a sigh and then waves Ostis to sit down at the table, seeing as there is no official "bar" in the inn. "I've got this round," the Dwarf says, patting the barbarian on the shoulder.

Lupeen serves all three drinks and even has a glass of wine herself.
"So...what is the plan now?"
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Belkregos »

Tommy nods and watches the guards leave, in truth he was never really comfortable with guards but he could manage being on his best behaviour for a little bit, now he could breathe a little easier and joins his companions to discuss next steps

i'd say Ostis and I go and scout the place, if we're lucky we'll spot this scarred perp follow him and figure out from there 
looks around the table
that sound about right? Any other ideas? Before we go, do you have any useful information about this place? also Belle and the guard seemed to recognize the name of the diamond urchin, does that ring a bell?

if nothing else, Tommy is in a hurry to go investigate, in the back of his mind he hopes they can find Auruyan alive and she might be currently suffering  

alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#48 Post by alchemy »

I am ready," Ostis growls. Been sittin' here too long for my taste. Time now for figgerin things out.

alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#49 Post by alchemy »

When are we goin'?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by hedgeknight »

After sucking down a round of refreshment provided by Kelvar, and listening to the information from Lupeen on the Low Lantern and Diamond Urchin, Tommy and Ostis head toward the docks. The rain has dissipated but the fog has thickened as have the folk in the streets; just another normal day in the Lower City. As they walk, the pair think back on what Lupeen said:

Low Lantern
This old, three-masted ship rocks gently in the water alongside Stormshore Street Dock on the harbor’s eastern side. A notorious festhall and tavern, the ship is no longer seaworthy and is in desperate need of repair.
On warm days and evenings, respectable clients can sit at tables on the upper deck beneath hanging lanterns, smoking and drinking between wagers, while a more raucous crowd congregates around bars and gambling tables on the decks below.

Diamond Urchin
She is an older Dwarf who once was part of a smuggling crew ran by her ex-husband Straightstick. After a falling out, she quit the crew and went to work for the Guild in the Brampton neighborhood, where she eventually "worked her way up" to becoming kingpin while also expanding her territory into Tumbledown. She is said to have a braided beard tucked through a thick gold ring; attached to the ring is a large diamond given to her by Straightstick years ago.

As the fog moves in, the pair notice green lights beginning to appear at local businesses. There are folks lighting the lanterns all dressed in a similar fashion, many of which appear to be teenagers. Nearer the docks, the houses and businesses are awash with green light from the lanterns, giving folks who are looking for them some sense of direction in the thickening fog.
The street they are walking down eventually intersects with Stormshore Street and they see an old, three-masted ship that has to be the Low Lantern.

BG Low Lantern docks.jpg
BG Low Lantern docks.jpg (380.77 KiB) Viewed 896 times

Actions?
Winter is coming...

alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#51 Post by alchemy »

We look there? Ostis is pointing to unseaworthy ship. Maybe get a drink, yes?

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Belkregos »

alchemy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 pm We look there? Ostis is pointing to unseaworthy ship. Maybe get a drink, yes?
Tommy nods
lets see if we can fins anything about aruyan or the shield but lets try to keep thigs quiet
with that he continues to enter the low lantern

alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#53 Post by alchemy »

Yer smart. I'll follow you, but won't say much.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by Belkregos »

yes, lets see how it goes, just in case if anything goes sour and we need to get separated we can meet back with Lupeen, also remember i can speak without speaking 
he taps his head and says using Awakened Mind just in case 

Now let's see how this goes.... 

OOC: Awakened Mind
Starting at 1st level, your alien knowledge gives you the ability to touch the minds of other creatures. You can telepathically speak to any creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You don’t need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic utterances, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language

alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#55 Post by alchemy »

Best if you don't give me too many details. I'm a barbarian, you know. Don't like finger wagglers.

His grin looks more like a mummer's masque, truly frightening.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Belkregos »

alchemy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:33 pm Best if you don't give me too many details. I'm a barbarian, you know. Don't like finger wagglers.

His grin looks more like a mummer's masque, truly frightening.
Tommy smiles and pats him on the shloulder
just follow my lead brother, this shouldn't be as difficult as taking down the chosen of Amadeus
takes a moment to study the location, looking for windows, side doors nearby buildings and also of there are any people hanging or loitering outside, any interesting activity
seeing a patron walk in he sais
looks like their are open for business
nods in the direction of the door and start to walk towards the entrance

alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by alchemy »

Mm, good! Ale and food. Then Ostis recalls that Lupeen owns a place too. Should we wait to eat back at where we are staying? I don' wanna hurt her feelings.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by hedgeknight »

Let us continue this in the Low Lantern thread... ;)
Winter is coming...

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”