The In Crowd

ybn1197
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The In Crowd

#241 Post by ybn1197 »

Its around this time the others return from the Royal Farms with the burner phones and a few extras. Odin and Leo are at the bar. Leo is talking to another man who identifies himself as Steve.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Rex »

William

William walks in, "It looks like I missed something."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by shaidar »

Leo gestures with his bottle to the new guy

"Steve here took my last 20 bucks in a pool game."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Rex »

William

"Congrats Steve, I am William." William reaches out to shake Steve's hand and try and determine if he is a vampire.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:57 pm Leo gestures with his bottle to the new guy

"Steve here took my last 20 bucks in a pool game."
Steve nods his head to the side in a "that's the way it goes" manner and shrugs. "Don't spend what you can't afford to lose," he says in a mocking voice.
Rex wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:16 pm William

"Congrats Steve, I am William." William reaches out to shake Steve's hand and try and determine if he is a vampire.
"Hey Will, good to meet you," he says accepting the shake. William feels there is a predator's taint about him.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

He nods in greeting to the others when he returns, interested in reconvening. He grabs a drink and finds a table that people can join and waits. David notices Leo and William being friendly with a local, and wonders if they are looking for prey or allies.

He motions to Julia with an extra bottle, indicating an empty chair.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Rex »

William

William heads over and sits down with David.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by ybn1197 »

Julia (Gremlin has limited access till the weekend and has allowed me to take Julia's actions when there is no overall effect) takes the empty seat and the bottle offered by David. Once William sits down, she looks back at the bar to see what Leo and Odin do.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#249 Post by Lance »

Odin points the table out to Leo. "The band's gathering, let's go. See you around, Steve, you're one hell of a player!" He shakes the cold hands of his new acquaintance and heads to the table with the others.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by shaidar »

Leo

You're right, better not keep them waiting. he nods at Steve "I want a rematch some time."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

He greets each as they join the table and waits until the obvious eavesdroppers are out of earshot. "New friend?" He asks of the pool sharks.

"We got the phones, and a bit of concealer for those who need it. (I think we did. :D) " He will pass out phones to each, and make sure numbers are shared.

David looks around at the table. "So, I know there wasn't a consensus on the next steps. Let's revisit and agree. I guess the first thing is whether we stay together as a group for now. You guys have grown on me, for a bunch of stiffs."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Rex »

William

"I think there are advantages to both but for now I lean to sticking together."

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#253 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

"What do you mean by 'sticking together'?" Julia ask. "If you mean stay in touch and help each other out then sure. If you mean all move in together like some kind of bad sitcom then I don't know about that. Speaking of which, I want to go back to my place and get my stuff. I don't see how anyone could have figured out where I've been living since I'm new in Baltimore and hadn't updated my ID."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Rex »

William

"Living together isn't necessary, but in the same area or maybe building where we can aid each other is not a bad idea. I have some resources we may be able to use."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by shaidar »

Leo

"I guess you guys are OK... he gestures to Odin "...even the old guy. Let's just say while I don't really know you, we are in the same boat and from what's been said I trust you more than the other options. I have some resources, and I need to connect to my people and get money and check on my business. I have my own apartment over my business premises, we could stay there temporarily I suppose. I'm not sure how safe it's going to be from the inquisition, and my friends might start asking questions if I turn up with my very own anthill mob. My friends are tight, though, they're used to looking out for unwanted attention."

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#256 Post by Lance »

Odin laughs at Leo's comment. "Yeah, you're my favourite pile of corpses to hang out with. Julia's right, I want to get back to my place too, at least to get my stuff. I have some cash saved up so I can move wherever." He stops for a moment. "Fuck, I left my Jeep at the Depot."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

"Good to hear. My suggestion was out of survival. I don't know how to navigate my new situation, and I've found that allies help when you are doing something new." He nods at Julia. "I like you. You remind me of my niece. Such confidence. But no, I wouldn't want to room with you. Small doses." He chuckles and continues.

"Ok. I hear some plans. Since we don't know what to really expect with the inquisition or the others, maybe we do them as a group. We go help each other gather old belongings and money. We could pool it and find a place to stay. An old warehouse, an apartment complex, whatever. I for one would love to find a nice co-op run by vamps. I'm sure there's a business there somewhere."

"So let's find some transportation and scope out Julia's place first. We determine if it's safe-ish, help her get what she needs, and continue on with the next place. We could base here in the back temporarily, drop off luggage or whatever."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by ybn1197 »

Gremlin, go ahead and chose a place in or around Baltimore for Julia to live. Given her income, she could afford to live almost anywhere in Baltimore except Fell's Point.
Fells Point is a historic waterfront community in Southeast Baltimore located just one mile from the Inner Harbor. Established in 1763, the neighborhood boasts more than 161 buildings on the National Historic Register and the oldest standing residence in Baltimore City. Residents and visitors alike still enjoy hundreds of years of historic charm, unique retail shops, restaurants and pubs set among the neighborhood's Belgian block streets. Homes include quaint 1700's wood-framed rows, 18th and 19th century rowhomes, apartments and luxurious new-construction townhomes.
Here is a good place to look for a location: https://livebaltimore.com/neighborhoods/. I suggest everyone who has a place of living or business do the same but since we are starting with Julia, I need hers as soon as we can. Feel free to ask me anything, I have lived and worked in Baltimore City and County since 1996.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#259 Post by Lance »

HomeOWNERS include quaint 1700's bloodsuckers, 18th and 19th century licks...
Fixed it for ya :D

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#260 Post by Gremlin »

After a cursory look around the interwebs and cross referencing the site/map you linked, I think Hampden might be appropriate? I was looking for an artsy, young 'hip' area and Hampden seemed to come up a lot. But I've never been to Baltimore so what do you think? Julia would just have a simple one bedroom flat/loft type apartment.

Edit: Looking at Google Maps it looks like the Hampden neighborhood is right on the other side of Johns Hopkins from North Charles St, which is where the Depot was supposed to be located, right? So that makes a lot of sense since Julia doesn't have a car. It would still have been easy for her to get there.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”