OOC thread

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

OOC thread

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

Here is all the Thread for out of character discussion!

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC thread

#2 Post by kwll »

Here are the two sets of attributes I rolled:

Character #1
ST:12
IQ:14
LK:6
CON:15
DEX:7
CHR:13

Character #2
ST:13
IQ:12
LK:13
CON:12
DEX:14
CHR:11

I originally intended to make 2 rogue characters, but taken into account these rolls, I will probably go for a wizard and his servant / burglar. Is that acceptable?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Distorted Humor »

kwll wrote:Here are the two sets of attributes I rolled:

Character #1

Character #2

I originally intended to make 2 rogue characters, but taken into account these rolls, I will probably go for a wizard and his servant / burglar. Is that acceptable?
Sure, though the party might want to get some fighters....

danhem
Runner
Runner

#4 Post by danhem »

That's kind of up to the dice. :D

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by kwll »

Ok, here is the current status of my two characters. Concerning the equipment, do you recommend any predefined packages, or are we free to buy anything? And are there anything particular we should know with regards to the setting concerning languages?

Code: Select all

Name: Celyon
Type: Wizard
Kin: Human
Level: 1

Adds: -5

Talent: Herb Lore (INT +5)

Gold: 120
Weight Poss: 1200
Weight carried:

Adventure Points: 0

Weapons:

Armor:

Languages:

Magic:

Other:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Udulf
Type: Rogue
Kin: Human
Level: 1

Adds: +4

Talent: Roguery (DEX + 4)

Gold: 140
Weight Poss: 1300
Weight carried:

Adventure Points: 0

Weapons:

Armor:

Languages:

Magic:

Other:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
Note: I am ready do change 'Herb Lore' to 'Potion' if that makes more sense.

rleduc
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by rleduc »

Here's my attempt to use the dice roller for two characters. I had planned on playing just one at a time with one for backup. Not sure how many we intend to start at once.

Character #1
ST: [3d6]
IQ: [3d6]
LK: [3d6]
CON: [3d6]
DEX: [3d6]
CHR: [3d6]

Character #2
ST: [3d6]
IQ: [3d6]
LK: [3d6]
CON: [3d6]
DEX: [3d6]
CHR: [3d6]

I'll see how that dice roller macro works first and then hopefully move on down character creation; I generally go with humans, but we'll see what happens with the rolls.

rleduc
Squire
Squire

#7 Post by rleduc »

OK - that's a fail. I see now I have to use the separate dice roller page rather than the forum reading my notation and doing it for me.

To create a character on the dice rolling page, it is asking for the campaign key, and says to get that from the GM. Has this been posted.

Also, it wants a name. I usually do that last after I see what the character looks like. Can I call them Thing 1 and Thing 2 and change the names later?

Thanks

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Distorted Humor »

rleduc wrote:OK - that's a fail. I see now I have to use the separate dice roller page rather than the forum reading my notation and doing it for me.

To create a character on the dice rolling page, it is asking for the campaign key, and says to get that from the GM. Has this been posted.

Also, it wants a name. I usually do that last after I see what the character looks like. Can I call them Thing 1 and Thing 2 and change the names later?

Thanks
Campaign is 100

Names can be change, so thing 1 and thing 2 is fine....

also so you know what you have, instead of [3d6] put in [1d6] [1d6] [1d6] as that will show the individual dice for TARO and DARA and Sprite damage when applicable.

danhem
Runner
Runner

#9 Post by danhem »

Thanks for the solution DH. You may want to share that one with the moderators.

I rolled up a couple of stellar characters. :lol: :oops: :? They won't last long as humans so I will need to see how they fare as other kindred.

Alfred
ST: 9
IQ: 14
LK: 12
CON: 7
DEX: 11
CHR: 10
Adds: +0

Gold: 90

James
ST: 12
IQ: 12
LK: 7
CON: 6
DEX: 4
CHR: 11
Adds: -7

Gold: 110

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Distorted Humor »

danhem wrote:Thanks for the solution DH. You may want to share that one with the moderators.

I rolled up a couple of stellar characters. :lol: :oops: :? They won't last long as humans so I will need to see how they fare as other kindred.

Alfred
ST: 9
IQ: 14
LK: 12
CON: 7
DEX: 11
CHR: 10
Adds: +0

Gold: 90

James
ST: 12
IQ: 12
LK: 7
CON: 6
DEX: 4
CHR: 11
Adds: -7

Gold: 110
Hahah, well just remember that PC might fall in battle, but i will make sure new PCs will be quickly inserted back in, and there might be "wealth by attrition" until a core of decent stated PCs form.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Distorted Humor »

I am thinking starting the game say Friday, and any late comers can be added to the party as we go along, I would like to get the game started soon.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by kwll »

Celyon, with a DEX of 7, is almost incapable of using any weapon properly. I was thinking about buying him a staff ordinaire, but I don't see anywhere in the rules how much dice it is worth as a weapon, and what are its ST/DEX requirements. Do you have any idea?

danhem
Runner
Runner

#13 Post by danhem »

It is essentially a quarterstaff, so a 2D weapon that requires ST2 and DEX8.

He can use a number of daggers with that DEX including my favorite, the bank.

The real problem is that he cannot cast any 1st level spells with a DEX 7. The minimum is a DEX 8.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Distorted Humor »

danhem wrote:It is essentially a quarterstaff, so a 2D weapon that requires ST2 and DEX8.

The real problem is that he cannot cast any 1st level spells with a DEX 7. The minimum is a DEX 8.

Yes, I been thinking about this - If you want you can reroll that PC, as he is just not playable really. I think that is the best way to move forward is to just reroll

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by kwll »

Another option is to make him an Elf. That would fit well with the background: an eerie elf wizard with his human servant / rogue. That would raise his IQ and DEX, as well as his CHR. What do you think?

danhem
Runner
Runner

#16 Post by danhem »

Distorted Humor wrote:
danhem wrote:It is essentially a quarterstaff, so a 2D weapon that requires ST2 and DEX8.

Yes, I been thinking about this - If you want you can reroll that PC, as he is just not playable really. I think that is the best way to move forward is to just reroll
C'mon, my dwarf has a DEX of 4. :D

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by kwll »

I went ahead and made Celyon an elf. With his upgraded INT, he got quiet a few rolls on the language table, which makes him a noteworthy polyglot! I picked the equipment according this very interesting post from Gaptooth's blog, but left the gold amount of both characters to 0 for good measure. That is probably the reason why they are planning to go adventuring! :)

Please let me know if this is ok, or if any modification is required.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by kwll »

I'm glad you are feeling better DH. One small question: why are you always talking about 'sprite damage' instead of 'spite damage'?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Distorted Humor »

kwll wrote:I'm glad you are feeling better DH. One small question: why are you always talking about 'sprite damage' instead of 'spite damage'?

In this world, when your roll a six, instead of damage by spite, little sprites form and poke them with tiny needles for one damage.....

ok, I just screwed up. :oops: :oops: :oops:

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by kwll »

:D

Ok, I will go with the sprites with needles explanation!

Return to “Distorted Humor's Tunnels and Trolls”