Empire of The Petal Throne

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
monolith
Runner
Runner

Empire of The Petal Throne

#1 Post by monolith »

I’m not sure this will work long term but I’m determined to give this campaign the effort it needs to run for years if possible. Looking for 3-4 serious players for the first published RPG campaign setting based on MAR Barker’s Empire of the Petal Throne. This game will focus on its lore and Barker was a professor of Anthropology and Linguistics. Much like Tolkien he invented a language spoken and written just for the game. Barker’s inspirations are Indian, Middle Eastern and Meso American mythology and ancient culture.

I’m not an expert on all things Tekumel and I don’t expect anyone else to be either. Some things will remain canon and the rest not so much as it confuses the players.

So, who is really up for playing?

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Empire of The Petal Throne

#2 Post by kalstone »

Never played Empire of the Petal Throne, but I've heard a lot of really good things about it. I would be interested in playing.

Modric
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by Modric »

I always wanted to try this game, but it's intimidating.

coffee
Scout
Scout

#4 Post by coffee »

I'd be interested if you're still working on this.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Paladin »

Honestly, the sheer detail and depth of lore scared me away from ever trying to run this.

But I'd happily attempt playing it, if the posting requirements aren't too crazy. Life is crazy busy, and I'm determined to avoid joining and subsequently dropping out of any more games because I can't keep up. Lol.

majyc
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by majyc »

I'd love to give this a try. I played a bit of it way back when it was new (and boy howdy did I have to save my allowance for a long time to save up the then astronomical price of $25! I ran a brief campaign, which ended more because there was some shiny new thing my players wanted to try more than anything intrinsic in the setting that they didn't like. Since then I've only played once, at the virtual Gamehole Con last year with James Maliszewski as GM; it was such a blast that I was really hoping to do some more gaming in Tékumel, but my current crew was pretty meh on the idea. I think people build up the complexity and alieness of the setting in their minds a bit too much; it doesn't really require long hours of study, imo, and it's perfectly valid to approach it like any other adventure game, gradually steeping in the lore.

Phraint
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by Phraint »

Hi,
Monolith I'm interested in joining your game if you ever have an opening.

Thank you, Phraint (Mike).

Return to “Looking for players or games”