(012A) Extolay: Webster's Bar [1711 Spinward Marches]

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

(012A) Extolay: Webster's Bar [1711 Spinward Marches]

#1 Post by Eris »

The crew of the Connie have no trouble finding, nor getting to Webster's Bar & Grill. Instead of a door the place has a shimmering translucent "sonic screen" of air. The sonic screen keeps noises inside inside, and noises outside outside, and obscures the inside enough for some privacy. Pedro, in front, as a Captain should be steps inside. He is followed by the rest of the crew.

Pedro and Sigrun who have met Dave, the old Scout see him just taking a seat at a grouping of tables over to the right of the large dining area in an alcove. The alcove partly screens that area from the rest of the room.

Looking around before moving over to where Dave and another man are seated everyone looks around. They see a group of LSP'ers seated at a table near the center, a group of loud IN noncoms over to the left and a few people at a counter. Seems pretty empty, but it's probably early for a crowd. The place smells of spices, you can't quite place and beer, and there is soft jazz playing in the background.

The scout to the right, Dave, waves you over, "Connie, crew! Over here!" he calls out.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: (012A) Extolay: Webster's Bar [1711 Spinward Marches]

#2 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro waves, turns to the rest and says "Look, Dave's here, man!"
gdr

He grins, and walks over to the tables and says to Dave "Good to see you again"
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by terrymixon »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:15 pm Pedro waves, turns to the rest and says "Look, Dave's here, man!"
gdr

He grins, and walks over to the tables and says to Dave "Good to see you again"
Interested to see who it is, Emily follows.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Tiglath »

The blond entering the bar behind Pedro is noticeable for her height which matches that of her male comrades - although the lanky laid back guy she has linked arms with might just be taller. She has her hair combed back to fall loosely past her shoulders but tightly braided at her temples with occasional beads as decoration.

“Sæll, Dave!” when Dave introduces them she responds to Pavel with an accent delivered with a “sing song” lilt “Gott kveld, Pavel, I am Sigrun Volsung”. In that moment she seems to throw a mental switch and her posture morphs from a gal out with her beau to something higher up the food chain. She gives Pavel a handshake that, if not quite crushing, is definitely firm and uncompromising and looks him right in the eye with her striking heterochromatic blue and green eyes.

The smaller details are now there to see: the minor scars on her hands left without cosmetic treatment and the worn brown leather crew jacket, worn over her black skinsuit, is without insignia but is of a non standard type.

(OOC: Old Norse translation service: lit “Happiness, Dave!” in greeting and to Pavel “Good evening” ;) :D ).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Keven »

Carlos looks over the two, then puts his hand out. "Carlos Mitsumi. XO. And my partner, Zaki."

Depending on where Pavel Porfirovich is from, he might not recognise a Daibei accent when he hears one.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:50 am Carlos looks over the two, then puts his hand out. "Carlos Mitsumi. XO. And my partner, Zaki."

Depending on where Pavel Porfirovich is from, he might not recognise a Daibei accent when he hears one.
"Hello," the petite blonde says with a smile. "I'm the ship's medic and chief bottle washer." Her accent is pure Vilani, from somewhere trailward of the Rift.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:11 am The blond entering the bar behind Pedro is noticeable for her height which matches that of her male comrades - although the lanky laid back guy she has linked arms with might just be taller. She has her hair combed back to fall loosely past her shoulders but tightly braided at her temples with occasional beads as decoration.

“Sæll, Dave!” when Dave introduces them she responds to Pavel with an accent delivered with a “sing song” lilt “Gott kveld, Pavel, I am Sigrun Volsung”. In that moment she seems to throw a mental switch and her posture morphs from a gal out with her beau to something higher up the food chain. She gives Pavel a handshake that, if not quite crushing, is definitely firm and uncompromising and looks him right in the eye with her striking heterochromatic blue and green eyes.

The smaller details are now there to see: the minor scars on her hands left without cosmetic treatment and the worn brown leather crew jacket, worn over her black skinsuit, is without insignia but is of a non standard type.

(OOC: Old Norse translation service: lit “Happiness, Dave!” in greeting and to Pavel “Good evening” ;) :D ).
The tall man with Sigrun steps back as she leans forward to shake hand and stands behind her slightly to her left in a perfect position to cover her from her off side. He is wearing a red ball cap with the bill shading his eyes, a gray, loosely fitted, wind breaker with a small [Connie Mac] logo on its left front. He has the wind breaker half zipped over a beige shirt. His dark gray pants are tucked into boots. He has been scanning the room as he walked with the tall woman, casually, but with experienced efficiency.

"John Lee." he says to Dave with a nod and neutral expression, not offering a hand to shake, "Driver and general dogs body."

John Lee then looks Pavel over and nods to him as well, "And to you also."

OOC: Just so I know, who is armed and with what, and is anyone wearing armor of any sort. I'm asking for absolutely no reason at all...:)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro's armed with his devastating wit and armored by the blinding garishness of his clothing contrasting with his rakish good looks. Picture Ken Jeong with curly dark hair and Danny Trejo's moustache.
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:34 pm Pedro's armed with his devastating wit and armored by the blinding garishness of his clothing contrasting with his rakish good looks. Picture Ken Jeong with curly dark hair and Danny Trejo's moustache.
Ah! Well, to channel American TV, Hawaiian shirts are universally bullet proof. :)

Oh, and continuing as a TV Critic...as a comic actor Ken Jeong makes a very good Doctor, and as a villain Danny Trejo makes a very good comic actor. :D However, I did picture Pedro as somewhat more broadly built than Jeong.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun has her (high tech cloth equivalent) skin suit and her "Navy" Gauss pistol. The pistol is in a shoulder rig under her crew jacket.

After much consideration she left her "LSP" Axe on board! ;) :)

As for a 'tache to go with Hawaiian shirts surely the Tom Selleck?

Although it might not suit Sigrun...

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:24 pm
Tiglath wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:11 am The blond entering the bar behind Pedro is noticeable for her height which matches that of her male comrades - although the lanky laid back guy she has linked arms with might just be taller. She has her hair combed back to fall loosely past her shoulders but tightly braided at her temples with occasional beads as decoration.

The tall man with Sigrun steps back as she leans forward to shake hand and stands behind her slightly to her left in a perfect position to cover her from her off side. He is wearing a red ball cap with the bill shading his eyes, a gray, loosely fitted, wind breaker with a small [Connie Mac] logo on its left front. He has the wind breaker half zipped over a beige shirt. His dark gray pants are tucked into boots. He has been scanning the room as he walked with the tall woman, casually, but with experienced efficiency.

"John Lee." he says to Dave with a nod and neutral expression, not offering a hand to shake, "Driver and general dogs body."

John Lee then looks Pavel over and nods to him as well, "And to you also."

OOC: Just so I know, who is armed and with what, and is anyone wearing armor of any sort. I'm asking for absolutely no reason at all...:)
OOC: Emily has her auto pistol under her jacket if it’s legal. After Sigrun berated her enough, she now makes sure that she’s “properly dressed” when she goes out. ;)
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:24 pm OOC: Just so I know, who is armed and with what, and is anyone wearing armor of any sort. I'm asking for absolutely no reason at all...:)
Zaki is wearing her autopistol in a middle-of-the-back holster under her hawashirt. The holster has a single spare mag pouch built into it. She's not wearing armor.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

monolith
Runner
Runner

#13 Post by monolith »

Sitting with Dave, Pavel nursed his beer as they waited. He was of average height and build, with medium brown hair and a pair of half lidded eyes. The now ex-scout had a serious look on his face as his attention was drawn to the raucous IN noncoms. Soon the people he and Dave were waiting on appeared and the old scout lead the introductions. He stood up, wearing a worn yet serviceable Scout jacket over utility coveralls.

“Pavel Rostnikov,” he stated, nodding to each in turn. His voice was measured and heavily inflected by the dialect of his cold, dark and industrialized homeworld.

Once they were all sitting, Pavel continued, “I was mustered out and I’ve been cooling my heels on this rock for too long. Dave here thinks you might be hiring crew. You need a ship’s engineer, I’m your man.”

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by terrymixon »

monolith wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:18 am Sitting with Dave, Pavel nursed his beer as they waited. He was of average height and build, with medium brown hair and a pair of half lidded eyes. The now ex-scout had a serious look on his face as his attention was drawn to the raucous IN noncoms. Soon the people he and Dave were waiting on appeared and the old scout lead the introductions. He stood up, wearing a worn yet serviceable Scout jacket over utility coveralls.

“Pavel Rostnikov,” he stated, nodding to each in turn. His voice was measured and heavily inflected by the dialect of his cold, dark and industrialized homeworld.

Once they were all sitting, Pavel continued, “I was mustered out and I’ve been cooling my heels on this rock for too long. Dave here thinks you might be hiring crew. You need a ship’s engineer, I’m your man.”
Emily perked up a bit at that. ”We might just be. Things have been complicated. I’m Emily Green and I’m acting as the chief engineer, and sadly, the only engineer for a bit. What kind of experience do you have?”

monolith
Runner
Runner

#15 Post by monolith »

Pavel turned to face Emily, reaching up to tap the ISSS shoulder patch on his jacket. ”Sixteen years with the Scout Service. Most of my experience as an engineer were on Type S scout/couriers and express boats. I’ve had to improvise repairs more than a few times to get out of a bad situation; total system failure on a uncharted world, pirates, misjumps. Name it, I’ve probably experienced it.”

This last he said without a hint of braggadocio.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by terrymixon »

monolith wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:07 pm Pavel turned to face Emily, reaching up to tap the ISSS shoulder patch on his jacket. ”Sixteen years with the Scout Service. Most of my experience as an engineer were on Type S scout/couriers and express boats. I’ve had to improvise repairs more than a few times to get out of a bad situation; total system failure on a uncharted world, pirates, misjumps. Name it, I’ve probably experienced it.”

This last he said without a hint of braggadocio.
Emily nodded. "I did sixteen years as a navy engineer and can respect that. I don't know you, but others obviously do, so that's good enough for me."

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro laughs "Sounds almost as good as beltowda keeping the oxy in and the ground away on some of our dehashstaanki dinka boats, look at em sideways and they turn on yah. Connie is a good 'un sweet girl and runs smooth, and Emily's been getting her better. " He sips his beer. "We're jumping for Phume, if we take you on, we'll take that as your probation, see how you fit in. If it works, good, if not, well you get a change of scenery."

"I'm the despotic Captain, obviously, but I do let the others speak lest they mutiny, strand me on an airless rock somewhere and take up piracy or something. " He grins broadly, winking at Sigrun. "What say the rest of you?"

He says "Oh yeah, fair warning...we're contracted with LSP on arun moving people up and down the line including a stop off in the DMZ , and LSP's in a bit of a corpwar with GP. They've tried to blow us up twice now, so security on Connie is tight. "
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun seems to unwind somewhat having been introduced and gives Pedro a wry smile “I was on the other side in the last war but I have learned I can get on well with the Scout Service”. She gives the the taller guy in the cap a warm smile and then scowls as she adds “It's the Imperial Navy I'm not so friendly with – nor Corporates for that matter but, to be fair, their money spends well enough”.

She pauses to scope the room and then declares bluntly “These are good people and good crewmates – I trust them. Fair warning – as a Corporate courier we're a tempting target for the sort of people that play at being raiders out in the DMZ. An extra hand on the crew who has dealt with pirates before would be a useful addition”. She grins “More fair warning if you're terrible we'll drop you back on this soulless Corporate and Naval hellworld. Fyrirgef mik, Dave, but I think I might prefer an airless rock!”

(OOC: Old Norse: I'm sorry/Forgive me).

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:51 pm Pedro laughs "Sounds almost as good as beltowda keeping the oxy in and the ground away on some of our dehashstaanki dinka boats, look at em sideways and they turn on yah. Connie is a good 'un sweet girl and runs smooth, and Emily's been getting her better. " He sips his beer. "We're jumping for Phume, if we take you on, we'll take that as your probation, see how you fit in. If it works, good, if not, well you get a change of scenery."

"I'm the despotic Captain, obviously, but I do let the others speak lest they mutiny, strand me on an airless rock somewhere and take up piracy or something. " He grins broadly, winking at Sigrun. "What say the rest of you?"

He says "Oh yeah, fair warning...we're contracted with LSP on arun moving people up and down the line including a stop off in the DMZ , and LSP's in a bit of a corpwar with GP. They've tried to blow us up twice now, so security on Connie is tight. "
Carlos chuckles. "He's the skipper because somebody had to, and the rest of us had better sense. Zaki and I teamed up to make some money and go home. I want to see the look on Mum and Da's faces when they meet her. They told me I'd never meet a girl that could make an honest man out of me."

His autopistol is under the back of his shirt, and his multitool is at his belt, as always. Shirt is untucked, of course. Baseball cap has the Connie logo on it.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 pm Carlos chuckles. "He's the skipper because somebody had to, and the rest of us had better sense. Zaki and I teamed up to make some money and go home. I want to see the look on Mum and Da's faces when they meet her. They told me I'd never meet a girl that could make an honest man out of me."
Zaki sips her drink and smiles disarmingly. "And here I thought I'd caught the biggest rogue in the Spinward Marches."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”