(012A) Extolay: Webster's Bar [1711 Spinward Marches]

Eris
monolith
Runner
Runner

Re: (012A) Extolay: Webster's Bar [1711 Spinward Marches]

#21 Post by monolith »

OOC: Does Pavel possess any useful information about Phume he can share with his new crewmates?

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:27 am
Keven wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:55 pm Carlos chuckles. "He's the skipper because somebody had to, and the rest of us had better sense. Zaki and I teamed up to make some money and go home. I want to see the look on Mum and Da's faces when they meet her. They told me I'd never meet a girl that could make an honest man out of me."
Zaki sips her drink and smiles disarmingly. "And here I thought I'd caught the biggest rogue in the Spinward Marches."
Carlos grins. "Just the most wound up one, dear. Though you're good for me. I'm starting to relax a bit now."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Eris »

Dave listens to the banter to die down a bit then asks, "You folks ready to order some food?

Waving at a older woman in a jumpsuit with apron over it to come over he adds, "They have good chili con carina here." adding with a grin, "Just don't ask what the carina is."

The beer is good, the chili is good, the salsa is fresh and the chips appear to be homemade.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:52 am
Carlos grins. "Just the most wound up one, dear. Though you're good for me. I'm starting to relax a bit now."
Zaki pats his arm fondly, her stance next to him speaking to their intimacy. "You're good for me, too." She sighs and turns to Pavel. "I am, or was, a nurse, and the ship's medic. Don't let Sigrun do anything remotely medical for you, or that will absolutely void your warranty."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun smiles amiably at Zaki and in her defence offers "I have a badge that says "Nurse".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:50 pm Sigrun smiles amiably at Zaki and in her defence offers "I have a badge that says "Nurse".
“Well, that’s terrifying,” Emily muttered in a sotto voice before grinning.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Keven »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:59 pm
Tiglath wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:50 pm Sigrun smiles amiably at Zaki and in her defence offers "I have a badge that says "Nurse".
Carlos chuckles. "You didn't know that, Em?" He shakes his head. "I just trust Zaki to work on me. Have, since she fixed my ass in Regina." He grins. "Long story. Hit me up when we're on watch in jumpspace and I'll tell you." He looks at Zaki. "ONLY the good parts, hon..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:43 pmCarlos chuckles. "You didn't know that, Em?" He shakes his head. "I just trust Zaki to work on me. Have, since she fixed my ass in Regina." He grins. "Long story. Hit me up when we're on watch in jumpspace and I'll tell you." He looks at Zaki. "ONLY the good parts, hon..."
"I have to admit, I'd never seen anyone use their butt as a hull patch until then." Zaki pats said part. "In my medical opinion, it's back to a hundred percent, I'm glad to report."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:43 pm
terrymixon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:59 pm
Carlos chuckles. "You didn't know that, Em?" He shakes his head. "I just trust Zaki to work on me. Have, since she fixed my ass in Regina." He grins. "Long story. Hit me up when we're on watch in jumpspace and I'll tell you." He looks at Zaki. "ONLY the good parts, hon..."

Pedro laughs! "Trust a Scout to figure out how to perform a vital and life-saving task by sitting on his butt! That's the kind of hard work and diligence that got him stuck with First Officer duties " he raises his mug to him...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

monolith
Runner
Runner

#30 Post by monolith »

Pavel keeps a small smile to himself at the banter while taking a sip of his beer. “So, Phlume is what, an Ag planet? What are we hauling and when are we wheels up?

OCC: I hope you guys weren’t waiting on me.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun grins "Late tomorrow!" and hoists her ale. She replies "We are hauling Corporates for Ling. Those rotating out come aboard and those starting their tour take their places. These are all of our "warm" passengers until we finish the run". Sigrun then orders more ale for the crew.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Tiglath »

monolith wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:57 pmOCC: I hope you guys weren’t waiting on me.
(OOC: Don't worry there was no waiting! :) )

monolith
Runner
Runner

#33 Post by monolith »

Pavel turned to Sigrun. “What about popsicles? The Connie have cold berths too?”

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun shares out the newly arrived ale and replies "Ja, we have filled our cold berths and have a cargo of Pharms, regular freight and a pair of air/rafts that Ling wouldn't let us sell here - because they are greedy trolls. Connie is a great ship - for a merchantman. Her spirit speaks to us directly and everything is new - she is young and has few scars. There was a hull breach when Ling's enemies failed to kill us but Pedro repaired it as good as new. Actually the Imperial Starport Authorities on Jenghe helped - they were good people".

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:43 pm Sigrun shares out the newly arrived ale and replies "Ja, we have filled our cold berths and have a cargo of Pharms, regular freight and a pair of air/rafts that Ling wouldn't let us sell here - because they are greedy trolls. Connie is a great ship - for a merchantman. Her spirit speaks to us directly and everything is new - she is young and has few scars. There was a hull breach when Ling's enemies failed to kill us but Pedro repaired it as good as new. Actually the Imperial Starport Authorities on Jenghe helped - they were good people".
Pedro smiles "Mostly I supervised the ISA techs doing the actual work. Fortunately they were much better at their job that the original saboteurs; we think they planted explosives in the grav compensators back on Regina some time before Connie was transferred to us." He raises his glass to the others "The rest of this lot was off saving people from hurricanes and defending them from mercs sent to kill them."

He smiles at Pavel, "See, it isn't all just boring cargo runs!"

He looks off into space for a moment, then pulls out his comp, and texts Connie: Connie, can you check your records, please, were you contracted for this run under your old Captain?

"I wonder...how did they know this ship was going to be used?" he says to himself, quietly.
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:48 pm
Tiglath wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:43 pm Sigrun shares out the newly arrived ale and replies "Ja, we have filled our cold berths and have a cargo of Pharms, regular freight and a pair of air/rafts that Ling wouldn't let us sell here - because they are greedy trolls. Connie is a great ship - for a merchantman. Her spirit speaks to us directly and everything is new - she is young and has few scars. There was a hull breach when Ling's enemies failed to kill us but Pedro repaired it as good as new. Actually the Imperial Starport Authorities on Jenghe helped - they were good people".
Pedro smiles "Mostly I supervised the ISA techs doing the actual work. Fortunately they were much better at their job that the original saboteurs; we think they planted explosives in the grav compensators back on Regina some time before Connie was transferred to us." He raises his glass to the others "The rest of this lot was off saving people from hurricanes and defending them from mercs sent to kill them."

He smiles at Pavel, "See, it isn't all just boring cargo runs!"

He looks off into space for a moment, then pulls out his comp, and texts Connie: Connie, can you check your records, please, were you contracted for this run under your old Captain?

"I wonder...how did they know this ship was going to be used?" he says to himself, quietly.
The reply comes quickly, the voice is pleasant and female, "Yes, Captain. The offer of this contract came the day before my former owner transferred my title to your group. Do you wish the exact time? I can provide that for you."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by bruce.desertrat »

One generally would not expect a text message to speak :-)

Pedro replies Thank you Connie, that is all I need.
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:49 pm One generally would not expect a text message to speak :-)

OOC: So, shoot me! I am an old coot, to me text messages are these new-fangled thing-a-ma-bobs that all the dad-blamed kids are using instead of talking to each other! Why, I'll bet some of them don't even know they can talk to each other on one of their smarty-pants phones!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:45 pm
bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:49 pm One generally would not expect a text message to speak :-)

OOC: So, shoot me! I am an old coot, to me text messages are these new-fangled thing-a-ma-bobs that all the dad-blamed kids are using instead of talking to each other! Why, I'll bet some of them don't even know they can talk to each other on one of their smarty-pants phones!

smarty pants-on-the-ground phones, amiright??
:lol:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Eris »

"So, you're transporting pharm out of here?" asks Dave, "Some of the systems down main from here are apt to need it. They are decidedly low tech and can't make many of the pharmaceuticals we depend on to protect us from the bugs we run into from planet to planet."

"And I'm not surprised that LSP wanted to ding you on the air/rafts." he adds as his eyes move to the doorway and a frown forms on his face, "They keep a very close hand on an tech imports...Um, I think we might have some trouble in here before long."

He nods toward the door, "Jarheads and Squids don't mix well."

A group of six Marines in fatigues are walking though the opening and looking around. The Navy group over in the other corner are eyeing the Marines.

A Navy NCO stands and calls to the Marines, "Hey, Jarhead! Come on over and we'll stand you a drink!"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”