(012A) Extolay: Webster's Bar [1711 Spinward Marches]

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (012A) Extolay: Webster's Bar [1711 Spinward Marches]

#61 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun mock scowls with mellow humour and then replies "Pavel, as an enlightened Scout, you will know not to heed these ignorant folk. They merely repeat stories told to Imperials to make sure they stay in their beds at night. Hah, they also tell them that there are wolves in the darkness...". A dangerous glimmer flashes in her heterochromatic eyes and is then gone as she bares her white teeth in a grin and adds "You can easily make out their folly when I tell you that I do not own a spear and anyone knows that if you have an axe in hand then there are better things to do with it than throw it away!" She leans over to robustly clap Pavel on the shoulder and says "Will you join us? The Kapiten is fair and offers good terms".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

monolith
Runner
Runner

#62 Post by monolith »

Pavel feels Sigrun’s heavy hand against his shoulder and he almost winces. “Enlightened Scout? I’ve been called many things, but enlightened wasn’t one of them.”

He takes a sip, thinking it through. “I’ll sign on for Phlume. I want to get off this rock at the least. If things don’t work out, then we’ll go our separate ways. Yeah, sure, that works for me.”

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by bruce.desertrat »

monolith wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 am Pavel feels Sigrun’s heavy hand against his shoulder and he almost winces. “Enlightened Scout? I’ve been called many things, but enlightened wasn’t one of them.”

He takes a sip, thinking it through. “I’ll sign on for Phlume. I want to get off this rock at the least. If things don’t work out, then we’ll go our separate ways. Yeah, sure, that works for me.”
Pedro grins, raises his mug and says "Welcome to the Connie Malone, Pavel! "
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by Eris »

The group settles up and walks toward the front door. The two tables of service folk watch you go. So far they have minded their manners, but there's no telling how long that will last once the "Officer" leaves the scene.

Outside the corridor of the Up Port is mostly empty. It is later in the evening and this place looks like it rolls up its slidewalks at about 2000. Connie is down this corridor, around the corner, down one level and then left down another corridor leading to the docking area.

The foot traffic doesn't really increase as they move along, but once down to the docking level there is some robotic traffic as the bots glide along pulling or pushing trollies of goods. You note that all the bots and most of the trollies bare the LSP symbol.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:13 pm The group settles up and walks toward the front door. The two tables of service folk watch you go. So far they have minded their manners, but there's no telling how long that will last once the "Officer" leaves the scene.

Outside the corridor of the Up Port is mostly empty. It is later in the evening and this place looks like it rolls up its slidewalks at about 2000. Connie is down this corridor, around the corner, down one level and then left down another corridor leading to the docking area.

The foot traffic doesn't really increase as they move along, but once down to the docking level there is some robotic traffic as the bots glide along pulling or pushing trollies of goods. You note that all the bots and most of the trollies bare the LSP symbol.
Zaki walks arm-in-arm with Carlos. "Sometimes I miss being groundside, but I'll make an exception for this place. It's so - cold."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:30 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:13 pm The group settles up and walks toward the front door. The two tables of service folk watch you go. So far they have minded their manners, but there's no telling how long that will last once the "Officer" leaves the scene.

Zaki walks arm-in-arm with Carlos. "Sometimes I miss being groundside, but I'll make an exception for this place. It's so - cold."
Pedro says "Oh. but it's comforting, solid, clean. Not like the ground with all the mess and weather and slop and bugs and dirt getting into everything...here the horizon is something you can touch, not an illusion."
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:01 pm Pedro says "Oh. but it's comforting, solid, clean. Not like the ground with all the mess and weather and slop and bugs and dirt getting into everything...here the horizon is something you can touch, not an illusion."
The blonde shudders theatrically. "Who wants to touch the horizon?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun walks with her arm about John Lee she comments "This is a soulless place..."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 pm Sigrun walks with her arm about John Lee she comments "This is a soulless place..."
"Oh, I don't know." John Lee says, "The parts we've seen are pretty bland and...um...robotic, yes, but there are large sections of the Up Port we haven't seen and we've seen nothing of the planet itself. I heard there is a lot of unrest among the local population, that could get interesting, and we know nothing of local art and culture."

He shrugs and adds, "Anyway, we'll be leaving here tomorrow and not coming back for some time. So, let's look forward to what comes next. Phlume, pronounced F-lume, it that the place?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by Eris »

OOC: Does Pavel have all his gear with him? If so he walks with the crew back to the ship. If he does not, he needs to go pick it up and then join them at the ship. He'll need to be assigned a bunk and shown around the ship, especially Engineering.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun replies soberly "Sadly, I have no expectation that when we return this place will not be exactly as it was when we left it".

Then she laughs "Effloom? Like you have a cold? None of your Imperial names for worlds make sense - you called two places right next to each other Dinom!" She seems to find this entirely amusing "Now that was outstanding stellar cartography and survey work!"

monolith
Runner
Runner

#72 Post by monolith »

Being a Scout, well, now a just retired scout Pavel couldn’t help but correct the tall Nordic woman. ”Both sound similar but both are spelled slightly different. But I can see your point.”

Pavel tags along a bit more before turning to the others. “I’m going to go grab my kit and meet you back at the Connie. Not to worry, I’ll find her.”

I’m figuring it’ll take about an hour before he shows up at the Connie.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Eris »

monolith wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:09 am Being a Scout, well, now a just retired scout Pavel couldn’t help but correct the tall Nordic woman. ”Both sound similar but both are spelled slightly different. But I can see your point.”

Pavel tags along a bit more before turning to the others. “I’m going to go grab my kit and meet you back at the Connie. Not to worry, I’ll find her.”

I’m figuring it’ll take about an hour before he shows up at the Connie.
"Sure! Go do that." says the man who introduced himself as John Lee, "We'll put the kettle on for you."

Pavel heads back to the boarding house where he had been staying and grabs his stuff, the house's landlady wishes him well as he heads out the front door saying with a grin, "Glad you got a ride out, but if you're ever back here, we'll have a room for you."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by Eris »

Okay, remind me, did you take on any freight or speculative cargo here? I know you didn't sell the grav craft and you did sell the shrimp, right?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 pm Okay, remind me, did you take on any freight or speculative cargo here? I know you didn't sell the grav craft and you did sell the shrimp, right?

Yes sold the shrimp, kept the grav craft and this is what we eventually decided on as our outgoing load out:

1. sell prawns here, for 132Kcr, keep air/rafts for later.
2. buy Pharma (3 tons @ 90K = 270K) on spec.
3. take all 55 tons of freight @ 1K/ton, payment due on delivery.
4. fill the low berths for 10,000 due prior to lift off.

This was back when I resurfaced in February

viewtopic.php?p=532463#p532463
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 am Sigrun replies soberly "Sadly, I have no expectation that when we return this place will not be exactly as it was when we left it".

Then she laughs "Effloom? Like you have a cold? None of your Imperial names for worlds make sense - you called two places right next to each other Dinom!" She seems to find this entirely amusing "Now that was outstanding stellar cartography and survey work!"
Carlos chuckles. "Don't blame me, I'm from the other side of the galaxy."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 pm Okay, remind me, did you take on any freight or speculative cargo here? I know you didn't sell the grav craft and you did sell the shrimp, right?

Yes sold the shrimp, kept the grav craft and this is what we eventually decided on as our outgoing load out:

1. sell prawns here, for 132Kcr, keep air/rafts for later.
2. buy Pharma (3 tons @ 90K = 270K) on spec.
3. take all 55 tons of freight @ 1K/ton, payment due on delivery.
4. fill the low berths for 10,000 due prior to lift off.

This was back when I resurfaced in February

viewtopic.php?p=532463#p532463
OOC: Yeah, I had that, I *could* have looked it up, but thanks for doing ti for me. I'll add all that to the Trading Diary (I typed dairy first, hee, hee!) soon.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Eris »

Pavel arrivals at the docks and finds Connie Malone without any trouble. He can't see much of the ship as it is connected to the interior of the Up Port with sealed umbilicals for both cargo and passenger hatches. The hatches are open as the last of pallets of cargo are being loaded.

John Lee is watching the locals roll the pallets into the cargo bay.

Noticing you approaching he walks over and says smiling, "Welcome aboard Connie Mac! Best if you enter up the passenger hatch. Then go up to the bridge. The Captain and XO are up there getting ready for separation. They'll get you fixed up with a berth and show you around."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by joertexas »

Zaki is busy in the passenger common area with settling the passengers in and putting away the last of the food and supplies in preparation for departure.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#80 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:58 pm Pavel arrivals at the docks and finds Connie Malone without any trouble. He can't see much of the ship as it is connected to the interior of the Up Port with sealed umbilicals for both cargo and passenger hatches. The hatches are open as the last of pallets of cargo are being loaded.

John Lee is watching the locals roll the pallets into the cargo bay.

Noticing you approaching he walks over and says smiling, "Welcome aboard Connie Mac! Best if you enter up the passenger hatch. Then go up to the bridge. The Captain and XO are up there getting ready for separation. They'll get you fixed up with a berth and show you around."
When he makes his way up to the bridge, Pedro looks up and sees him. "Hola, Pavel! Welcome aboard. Lets get you introduced and added." he picks up the comm unit and badge he'd gotten out earlier.

He speaks to the ship "Connie Malone. By my authority I'm adding Pavel Rostnikov as a probationary engineering crew member. Assigning him comm & badge..." he squints at the small label on the back of the comm " unit alpha-delta-echo-niner-three-three-seven. " He hands them to Pavel. " Put your finger of choice on the badge and comms sensor to register for unlocking, and say hello to Connie."
Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”