The Aftermath

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

The Aftermath

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A painstakingly long soak in the freezing waters of the Hyperborean Sea is nearly torture enough to wash away any bad memories of what happened back on the ship completely. Almost.

Although Valkrina is able to stay afloat the longest, nearly taming the voracious churning waters of the whirlpool on her makeshift boogie board, she is eventually swallowed up just as her friends were before her. Once the party is sucked into the black void at the center of the swirling vortex, their ordeal truly begins.

For what seems like days, you are dunked and battered in the tumultuous seas, trying to keep your heads above the water where you can continue to draw breath. Your fit bodies eventually fail, despite your strong will to survive, yet somehow, you still do. Though Euripides and Apollonius have a slightly easier time navigating under the surface of the cold water, each member of the group eventually gives in to their obvious fate. A miracle that you lasted this long, the last thing each of you remembers is sinking deeper and deeper into the dark water, the glowing gems in your idols the last vision you see.

An undeterminable amount of time later, your soggy, waterlogged bodies are washed up on a small beach of grey colored flat stones, nothing like the soft sand you saw on the last beach you visited. The beach area leads up into a huge forest of massively tall deciduous trees mixed in with a few evergreens. There are rocky formations on either end of the small beach, preventing you from seeing much more in either direction, but you have clearly been washed ashore on another small island, looking nothing like where you just came from.

Slowly and groggily, you all come to your senses, everyone except for Euripides that is. The young Atlantean is still out cold, and he is currently being dragged off by what appears to be large blue crabs, about the size of a normal dog. As you focus on the sight, you notice that the Purloiner still has that same look of total peace on his sleepy face, even after your long harrowing ordeal at sea.

Three more of these large crab-like creatures circle around the waking group, carefully choosing their next victim.

Actions?

Everyone please give me a percentile roll with your action post. Thanks!

position map:
3F85F1C2-552F-4EE2-AAE6-3A305FF1A71C.jpeg
3F85F1C2-552F-4EE2-AAE6-3A305FF1A71C.jpeg (65.1 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Apollonius AC:8 1/5 2/2
Valkrina AC:6 4/8 1/1
Drest AC:7 1/7
Euripides AC:5 4/7 2/2
Xenos AC:5 3/9 1/2
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Aftermath

#2 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

The bard wakes to the clacking of mandibles and vicious claws. She stands and attacks a crab, stabbing deep into the sand with her scrimshaw spear.

Valkrina attacks crab [1d20]=5 damage from spiked staff [1d10+1]=6+1=7

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OOOPPSS!!

Just realized too late that Apollonius also failed his roll, so he is still unconscious as well.

Sorry about that one P.
:D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Please be sure to read and act on this pertaining OOC post as well. Thanks!

viewtopic.php?p=534760#p534760

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest moves to kill crab dragging Euripides off.

Inventory, as I had Drest secure himself I am assuming he secured his equipment as well, I rolled % and did well so will randomly remove one item.

Lost items [1d100]=6

Broad sword, bow, shield, quiver, backpack. in order 1-5

Item lost [1d5]=1

Lost his Sword. Inventory updated.

Dagger [1d20]=5 to hit [1d4]=2 damage

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Xenos drags himself to his feet, untangling his extremeties from the straps of his backpack.

Looking around he sees no sign of his shield or crossbow, but breathes a sigh of relief at the weight of his sword at his waist.

Drawing it he swipes at the closest crab:

Long Sword: to-hit [1d20+3]=18+3=21, damage [1d8+3]=7+3=10

As he secured himself I thought that his sword and backpack would be safe, but he would abandon his shield, crossbow and bolts to stay afloat

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#7 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

The unconscious young Atlantean can do nothing to resist being dragged off by the crabs.
I think he would have worn his armor, but backpack and shield would likely not have been on him while aboard ship, so those are gone. Weapons would have been in scabbards so those would probably remain, as would his belt pouches.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Paladin »

I was going to just quietly hope you forgot about that. :lol: Darn.

Apollonius has a cloak, boots, clothes, and dagger. His armband is tied on, so I reckon it's safe. The dagger was in his hand poised to cut him loose if needed, so he likely lost it.

[1d100]=53

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Item reduction looks good everyone! Thanks!

We Got Crabs!

The waterlogged confusion clouding the minds of Valkrina and Drest throw their defensive attacks off badly, but Xenos is able to shake out his soaked cobwebs, landing a strong blow and cutting the closest crab in half with his long sword.

This sudden reversal in the overall dynamic of the fight sends the remaining two crabs skittering back and forth nervously, unwilling to attack again. Their strange looking legs clattering on the flat stones as they scurry around, trying to avoid the spellswords deadly blade.

Apollonius and Euripides remain unconscious, the disciple of Rel still being dragged away towards the rocky formations at the end of the beach by two of the crabs in front of Drest, and still wearing that same silly smile on his pallid, shriveled face. (You two can give me another Test of Con to see if you snap out of it in time to react this round.)

Actions?

position map:
stand by for new map

Apollonius AC:8 1/5 2/2 (Unconscious)
Euripides AC:5 4/7 2/2 (Unconscious)

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Bluetongue »

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by shaidar »

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest attacks again.

Dagger [1d20]=19 to hit [1d4]=2 damage

Scott308

#13 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Waking up only to find himself in the grasp of a pair of large crabs, the Atlantean begins kicking and squirming in order to free himself.
Test of Constitution (3:6): [1d6]=2
Not sure what you may want me to roll, so I gave you a couple different rolls.
Random roll: [1d20]=5
Random Check: [3d6]=10
Random test: [1d6]=1
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Paladin »

Apollonius Triton

CON Check, 3:6

[1d6]=3

I'm assuming this means he can snap awake and do something. If that isn't the case, please disregard!

Apollonius jerks into a sitting position and coughs, his salt-cracked throat closing and provoking another fit of coughing. He summons enough saliva to swallow and lick his lips before spotting his countryman being carried off by a number of crabs.

He reaches for his dagger, only to realize he must have lost it amid the churning waves. "Sorry, brother--" he mutters before pointing a finger at Euripides and speaking a string of arcane words. He casts grease upon the man's body, praying that it will cause the crabs' sharp mandibles to slip from his comrade's skin and clothing.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fleeing Crabs

Xenos rushes over to aid the struggling Valkrina, killing another of the huge crabs with his trusty blade.

Drest makes due with his dagger, plunging it deep into the crab attacking him. The damage isn't enough to kill it, but it does spoil the crustaceans counter attack on the Pict.

The third crab skitters away, not wanting anything to do with food that fights back.

Euripides finally snaps out of his pleasant dream state to find himself in a bit of a predicament. Kicking and flailing at his clacking captors, he is easily able to get free of their claws right before his countryman awakens from his own salty slumber. Seeing the crabs heading towards the rocks alone now, Apollonius decides to save his sorcery for the next catastrophe that is sure to develop eventually. (great idea though)

With the crabs now retreating, Drest appear to be the only one still locked in a deadly combat for his life.

Actions?

position map:
191EED3E-EB91-466D-92F8-9B5B6809963D.jpeg
191EED3E-EB91-466D-92F8-9B5B6809963D.jpeg (64.13 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Apollonius AC:8 1/5 2/2
Euripides AC:5 4/7 2/2

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest stabs at the crab again.

Dagger [1d20]=19 to hit [1d4]=4 damage

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

Appears not to have regained her sea legs after another failed poke at the crab.

Valkrina attacks crab [1d20]=9 damage from spiked staff [1d10+1]=2+1=3

"They will have good meat in the shells at least." she says. It looks like we can overwhelm the last critter.

Looking around, has anybody else been washed up on the shore? Another sailor or even Lazereth?

She looks at her totem? Somehow its' enchantment kept her alive in the whirlpool and maelstrom. That being so, maybe we are on the Kazeffron's island after all?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

Xenos heads over and stabs at the last crab:

Long Sword: to-hit [1d20+3]=13+3=16, damage [1d8+3]=1+3=4

Scott308

#19 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Now that he's free from the crabs, Euripides scrambles away from them before getting back to his feet.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Paladin »

Apollonius Triton

The Atlantean pushes himself upright and brushes himself off, frowning at the loss of his dagger.

Return to “Pawns of the North Wind (AS&SH 2e)”