Current BITs

KJDavid
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Current BITs

#1 Post by Enoch »

Note: I will update this post with Viktor's current Beliefs and Instincts always at the top.

Beliefs
  1. Recruit a monster-hunter from the Zauberhaft.
  2. The first step is to find actionable information about where Nemedor is, and how to get there.
  3. This beast will empower my enchanting. I need to get him to my lab and extract antecedents from him.
Instincts
  1. Always watch for useful antecedents.
  2. Always stir up trouble between others.
  3. When surprised, hit them with Grausam.
Traits
Base Humility, Nimble [c-o for Enchanting], Gifted, Geometric, Corrupted, Dissent Parasite, Urbane, Verlebt, Metropolitan, Lame, Incomprehensible Diagnosis (C-O for Falsehood when lying about a medical diagnosis), Ichor Stained Hands (Ch), Dreadful (C-O for Intimidation and Interrogation), Terrible Secret (Ch), Affinity for Blood (+1D for Bloodletting and messy antecedant collection)
Last edited by Enoch on Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Current Beliefs

#2 Post by Enoch »

1F for pursuing "Convince Caillech to allow me to collect antecedents from her". Failed during DoW. Updating to "learn to use a polearm effectively in combat" (i.e., open Polearm).

KJDavid
Scout
Scout

Re: Current BITs

#3 Post by KJDavid »

Artha Awards for Arc 1 - Viktor in Trium

Beliefs
  1. I will convince Till Emerich to join me on this expedition. +1 Fate, +1 Persona (Belief Completed)
  2. The first step is to find actionable information about where Nemedor is, and how to get there.
  3. This expedition will be dangerous. I must learn to use a polearm effectively in combat.
Instincts
  1. Always watch for useful antecedents.
  2. Always stir up trouble between others.
  3. When surprised, hit them with Grausam.
Traits
Base Humility, Nimble [c-o for Enchanting], Gifted, Geometric, Corrupted, Dissent Parasite, Urbane, Verlebt, Metropolitan, Lame, Incomprehensible Diagnosis (C-O for Falsehood when lying about a medical diagnosis), Ichor Stained Hands (Ch), Dreadful (C-O for Intimidation and Interrogation), Terrible Secret (Ch), Affinity for Blood (+1D for Bloodletting and messy antecedant collection)

Other
Embodiment - Coming up with poetry from The Dindsenchas and using it in a DoW. +1 Persona

This is what I think you've hit. Anything I missed?

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Enoch »

I agree with that, but I think I should only get a Persona for B1, unless I hit it separately from that DoW that I don't remember.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Enoch »

Completed: "I will convince Till Emerich to join me on this expedition." Replaced with "Recruit a monster-hunter from the Zauberhaft."

KJDavid
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by KJDavid »

Enoch wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:20 pm I agree with that, but I think I should only get a Persona for B1, unless I hit it separately from that DoW that I don't remember.
I think 1 Fate, 1 Persona. Here is my reasoning: You get Fate from pushing the Belief regardless of outcome. You get Persona from an outcome favorable to you. When you pushed the Belief (an effort worth 1 Fate) you did not know if it would be favorable or not. If we were awarding artha 'as it happens' in a scene, you would've gotten a fate for that. When the DoW was over, you would've gotten a Persona as well. Getting the Persona would not then eliminate your previous Fate award.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Enoch »

I mean, I have the moral surety of having argued against the Fate. I'll take it!

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Enoch »

Completed:
This expedition will be dangerous. I must learn to use a polearm effectively in combat.

KJDavid
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by KJDavid »

Making a magic item before the expedition (to help with said expedition) might be interesting. Or something related to the aurumvorox or what have you.

Also, don't forget that you do have a shop and laboratory in the Imperial City.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Enoch »

True. Some tests to extract antecedents from the aurumvorax and/or create items is very fitting.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Enoch »

New Belief: This beast will empower my enchanting. I need to get him to my lab and extract antecedents from him.

Return to “In the House of the Ten Veils (Burning Wheel)”