BS (IX)

Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

Re: BS (IX)

#401 Post by Brunnacht »

Welcome Sastaz, may your boots split dwarven midrifts whilst your blade splits their skulls. Mind the insects!

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by jemmus »

Welcome sastaz!
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by sastaz »

Thanks all :D Pleasure to be here! Now if you'll excuse me, I'll have to go on murdering and stealing thei an adventure.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:10 am
Taking his sweet time drinking an unknown potion he’s found recently, TK suddenly transforms from a tiny gnome into a cloud of yellowish gas. Floating up from the ground, the cloud is instantly caught up in the strong ocean breezes and starts to blow out towards the marshlands.
Could have been worse, I guess :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Karaunios »

Oh shit.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by Karaunios »

Sometimes I see a bot from Bing watching the forum. I wonder if it wants to play with us?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#407 Post by OGRE MAGE »

How well do bots like insects? :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#408 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Town" is a time free zone.

What does that mean?

Any PC who is in town, regardless of what day they arrived, is allowed to talk, do business with, or otherwise associate with any other PC who is also in town.

It doesn't matter to me if your group was a week behind another group. If you are in town together, timelines will be irrelevant.

This might be confusing to you, but only when you try to figure out what time it is, since time is irrelevant in town, so don't do that. If you are in town, and someone else is in town, you are free to interact.

With 5 groups scattered across several different timelines, this is the only way I can get groups who want to combine PC's together.

So please don't worry if your group is ahead or behind another group. If you are in town, and someone else is in town, they are free game.

It seems like I have mentioned this before, so to really drive the idea home this time, I will now interfere with 2 threads (though I am normally loath to do so) so you can all practice this for yourselves. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#409 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Okay, I just took the liberty of getting everyone available back in town so new plans may be made.

Grimm and Co. would like to see if there is anyone willing to accompany them on their next mission. viewtopic.php?f=446&t=11422

Since we seemed to be at a stalemate for what might be explored next, please speak up if you need any suggestions on future missions.

As I have mentioned many times already, the obelisks are the game. It might be nice if we could get a few more PC's interested in them, but if you would rather wander around without purpose, that is also an option. (as you may have already noticed) :lol:

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by Karaunios »

I'm gonna jump in just to say that I've just realised I've been playing on these boards and in this campaign for more than three years already :shock:

I love playing here and specially in this campaign. Sandbox and old school D&D are my go-to and I love how we can develop our characters in a way most of us wouldn't do if we were playing face to face.

I don't know what's going on with my brain juices today but I had to share that :lol:

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by Bluehorse »

Yeah this was one of the first campaigns I joined, back when it was a Hobbit Game, no less. ;) I got to play Farmer Maggot!

It has been a tone of fun for several years now.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#412 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That was actually a different game I ran on here, but I appreciate the kind words all the same. :D

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by ravenn4544 »

If flattery of the DM is having some sort of positive influential effect here, I, too, would like to go on record as saying just how awesome our illustrious DM is. I mean, OM is simply godlike on his ability to handle multiple parties and personalities to seamlessly, dare I say even artfully, interweave these stories and maintain some sense of continuity. I mean wow.

...and if in your day to day sculpting of such an epic adventure, if it would somehow see our reluctant ranger survive, well that would be ever more impressive.

:)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Hey hey hey. No more of all this praise. He'll get a big head and then he won't respond as favorably when I flatter him.

But seriously, credit where credit is due OM. Not many DMs could handle this many cats, or manage the disruptions that my characters (and sometimes I) have caused. My thanks for all your efforts.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by jemmus »

I'm pretty new here, but I was really impressed at how the underwater stone path curved to match the circle of the temples and obelisks. (Well, that's what the PCs think, at least). That's some nice homebrew design and adventure planning!
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#416 Post by Jernau35 »

It is an excellent game. There's a reason I have three characters in it :lol:

It's not just the effort that OM puts into keeping all of us in line and posting regularly, the work he puts into each quest, the timeline, and the overarching plot.

It's the fact that on top of everything else, he puts the effort into building models like the Obilisk or the Ruined Tower. It baffles me where he finds the time to do all this :shock:

(I've asked him several times if he's an eccentric millionaire with nothing better to do, which he denies. My lastest theory is that he's some kind of eccentric mountaintop hermit with nothing better to do :D )
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by Karaunios »

Well, let's see if our characters survive after saying all these pretty things :lol:

Ok, folks, just wanted to say that the group heading to scout the dwarves (quest #37) could benefit from a fighting type or even two. It's actually a stealth mission but we need at least one tank at the front if the shit hits the fan.

Edit: I just had an idea. Maybe the scouting group and the lizard rescue group could initially go together get some lizards and then split in two. One group would drive the lizards back, the other would continue on exploring and spying the dwarves.

For me this would imply something I don't like, which is having two characters of mine (Elnaerel and Grimm) in the same quest, but once the split happens it will be okay. I guess it's the same for Paladin with Narramore and Keyon. But, let's be honest, I would like Elnaerel's advancing to level 3 to be effective, and that I can get faster with a short-ish mission :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#418 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the pick-me-up everyone! That worked better than morning coffee. :lol:

I always feel like I am forcing actions when I do things like gather everyone back at the same time, so I try not to do that too often. As a player, I normally don't like it when DM's do that stuff, but in this particular case, I think it was appropriate.

Once everyone is settled into a group and out adventuring again, I will try to tie up a few loose ends and tidy things up a bit more.

I am glad to hear that so many of you appreciate the time and effort it takes to put this on, so seriously, THANKS! :D

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by Urson »

I didn't get in on the applause before, but I do agree. Running a game like this is- IMHO- at least as hard as face-to-face, and probably harder. Guys like OM make it look easy.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by Rex »

I will second Urson. I think PbP is actually harder to run and OM does a terrific job of it.

Return to “Completed Missions”