BS (IX)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

BS (IX)

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fresh BS. :D

(Didn't want to make you have to go back and search for this link again.)
https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... dance-2%2F

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: BS (IX)

#3 Post by Karaunios »

:biggrin:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

EDIT: Hold on..... If she gets 2 first level spells per day and a bonus of 2 first level spells for her 15 Wis, shouldnt she have 4 first level spells per day?

Leaving her 2 remaining?
Dammit! I hate the crunchy stuff in gaming. It appears you're right. How did we not see this before? I've added two more CL.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:55 pm
EDIT: Hold on..... If she gets 2 first level spells per day and a bonus of 2 first level spells for her 15 Wis, shouldnt she have 4 first level spells per day?

Leaving her 2 remaining?
Dammit! I hate the crunchy stuff in gaming. It appears you're right. How did we not see this before? I've added two more CL.
Crunchy??? :lol:

Like I said, I took the 3/2 you have in your notes section for how many spells she has. :oops:

If you ever have a question about this stuff, feel free to ask. :D

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Jernau35 »

Jernau35 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:04 am
The Knife looks up to see Keg seemingly intent on moving further down the tunnel. He gulps. "Er...are you sure that's wise Keg? We don't really need crabs that badly do we?...I don't even like them..."
This bit isn't roleplaying :lol: The thought of eating crabs, shrimp etc turns my stomach. Anybody else have a food that's just a total no -no?
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

The thought of eating them doesn't bother me but I am highly allergic to them so don't. I am half Scottish so nothing really bothers me, my Mom has to have tripe at least once a year so I have that with her. Not my favorite food but I don't mind it.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

I don't have any hard 'NO's. Mom's policy was that we had to try a little of anything that was served. We didn't have to eat it all, but if we didn't eat it, she wasn't making anything else. "I'm not a short-order cook."
I have a few things I don't like because of the context. Dad was out of work one summer, so we ate LOTS of zucchini and green beans from the garden. To this day, those two taste like being broke. And it has to be context, because french-cut green beans are fine. The regular ones- bleah!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

That is funny, one of my uncles was a butcher and it was always close for money trying to feed 8 children so he would give us cheap frozen hot dogs in bulk all the time. Imagine any dish with ground meat in it just substitute hotdogs. I don't eat hotdogs anymore just cause. They don't bother me and I could eat them, but I ate enough when I was little to last me a life time.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cilantro.

Just no.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#12 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I don't like several foods.

Starting with fruits and vegetables (except corn and potatoes, love those), but almost all seafood is a hard pass for me as well. (yes, including lobster) :shock:

It might be easier for me to list the foods I will actually eat. :lol:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Jernau35 »

We never ate crabs when I was a kid. Although as we got older they started serving prawn cocktails at Christmas dinner. Ugh.

It was more just a general revulsion at eating the whole prawn, insides and all. Or knowing that crabs are basically rats of the sea.

I lived on the Eastern Shore of Virginia for three years. They're big on crabs there. Apparently they have softshell crabs that they would just stick between two slices of bread and eat. :shock: On the upside, though I never liked fish as a kid, I grew to like it while living on the Shore.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Bluehorse »

LOL! I grew up poor. Like not the kind of poor where I can say Oh we were poor but we never knew. We were acutely aware of it and ate pretty much anything that moved or we could grow from the dirt. There is not much in the world that will put me off other than coleslaw and cucumbers. ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

Same here Brett, grew up in a single wide trailer 48'x10'. My parents and 8 kids. I can still remember having to watch my parents with empty plates at dinner so all of us could eat something. If it come down to it I can eat just about anything, with the exception of my shellfish allergy.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Darklin2 »

I grew up poor but my Grandfather was a Dairy farmer so the freezer was always full of steaks and beef. Grandmother had a 2 acre garden with everything under the sun in it. Only hard NO's I have is Brussel Sprouts and MRE's. Ate enough of those during Desert Storm to last a life time.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Karaunios »

I eat almost everything as long as I can identify what it is with my naked eye (or trust the person who cooked it :lol:), so no processed "food" for me.

The only exception I think is swordfish. Just tried it once and didn't like it.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by ravenn4544 »

I am pleased to see all these 'I don't like seafood' posts. It means more for me! If it comes from the ocean I love it.

What makes me want to hurl:

1) beets
2) liver
3) tripe
4) guefilte fish (this can't possibly be real fish)

Growing up we pretty much had a standard rotation. Spaghetti (my neighbor taught us about spaghetti sandwiches!), taco night every few weeks, meatloaf, chicken cutlets and mashed potatotes, veggies from the garden. Wouldn't change a thing.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Quonundrum »

Lobsters.

Also known as Cockroaches of the Sea.

Delicious cockroaches! :SAN:

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Paladin »

We were pretty dirt poor, too. Spent some years in a trailer park, but my grandfather was a blue-collar guy who did well and retired young, and he spent his time on a huge garden. We were always over there eating their food. Lots of corn and peas, snap beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and whatever else they could grow.

Always had deer meat with so many relatives hunting. And fish, since we had a pond close by and several creeks. I've eaten so many boney little bream over the years. Learned to cook bowfin and gar, even though most folks here call them "trash fish." They were big and folks gave them away, so I took it and was surprised how good it turned out.

Then a Mexican gent in town opened a restaurant and served beef tongue and tripe. I got a taste of that and fell in love.

Can't really say there are any hard passes. Not a fan of pickled beets. I'll eat them, but it's under protest. :lol:

Return to “Completed Missions”