#101 Post by Solo4114 »

Nice! The walker is down!

Now how do we get out of here?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thead 3

#102 Post by max_vale »

The Out Runner is still in the hangar waiting for you guys, don't worry!

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#103 Post by Solo4114 »

Duly noted!

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#104 Post by kipper »

I'll be away until ~Dec 31st. Merry Xmas :).

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by ybn1197 »

Same here.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by max_vale »

Happy holidays everybody! Wishing you and yours the best!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by max_vale »

Hey everyone;

I've been out of the country on vacation with limited internet access, but I just got back and will put up an update in the next couple of days; sorry for the delay!

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#108 Post by Solo4114 »

Well. I did NOT see that coming.

So, theories.

If this guy is as fast on the draw as Max is suggesting, I think anyone trying to outdraw him is a mistake. I don't know what Talz stats are like, but it might be worth considering the average Talz and whether Zuul or Kit could take him in a hand-to-hand fight. Or, we could have Vale try to duel Xeriss, but we'd need more of a read on this.

One thing I think my character will try to do, though, is figure out a way out of this that doesn't result in people getting dead, since he doesn't want to tick off the crime lord to whom he owes 25,000 credits.

Actually, I was thinking about some way to maybe work a deal with Lothor so that his guys get some of the coaxium, we get sum, and my debt gets paid off.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Rex »

I think Zuul is better in weaponless fighting then Kit (weapons too for that matter).

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul would relish the chance to fight, preferably hand-to-hand. What happens if we lose? :lol:

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#111 Post by Solo4114 »

Hey guys, sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. Things got busy on my end. Let me get caught up and I'll post Cal's actions in response to the latest predicament.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rex »

Kit really isn't the best for a challenge. She can fight if need be, but not really as good as the others in that department.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#113 Post by kipper »

Clark isn't really much of a fighter either, although he does have Brawling 4D and Blaster 5D.

I think Zuul's best skill is Brawling (6D). I'm not sure how the contests are going to work, game-mechanics-wise, but perhaps if we ALL try the hand-to-hand challenge then we can tire Tandivar out, and let Zuul go last to take best advantage of the worn-out opponent?

Just throwing ideas out there.

I thought I recalled Max telling us more details about how the contests were going to work, but I can't find it now.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson has no additional dice in Brawling however he has the best Blaster score in the group beating out the Professor by a +1 (5d+1). I like the idea of all challenging the Talz and tiring him out, but if the challenges do not allow for it, Jackson can challenge Lothar to quick draw. Maybe the Professor can as well and we hope for the best results between the two of us.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#115 Post by Solo4114 »

Ok. All caught up.

I don't think Cal is going to be able to beat any of the various characters in a duel, and he'd be reluctant to take on Lothar anyway, simply because he doesn't want to further piss off the crime boss to whom he's indebted. He's likely to tread fairly carefully here, or to try to think of some way that he doesn't end up with a bounty hunter on his tail because Lothar ends up getting screwed here...if that's possible.

That said, I think he's game for taking on the Talz, assuming it's not a fight to the death. Which...maybe we should find out, actually.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Some (most?) of us still have force points. How about we just play the odds and go with our best abilities, making sure we use the force points. I like the idea of wearing down the Talz, but that suggests that people will get injured throwing themselves at the beast.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#117 Post by Solo4114 »

I've got 4D+1 in blaster. Otherwise, my DEX is 3D+1. My highest skills are in astrogation and starship piloting. I mean...maybe if they want to do a starship race or something as the challenge...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Rex »

Kit is probably the second best after Zuul if we need to soften Talz. (4D Str and 5D Dodge, I don't have brawling specifically but assume it defaults to my Str). In a pinch I can go feral and do real damage with my claws but will then be an outcast. My Blaster is 5D but most everyone is as good or better. My lightsabre sucks and I don't actually have one (yet).

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Starbeard »

I'd be willing to try softening up the talz, if that's allowed by the challenge rules. I'm guessing Xerris is a more powerful jedi than Vale, but I'm happy to take a crack at that, too, especially if I can think of a way to use her fear and insecurity to our advantage.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by max_vale »

Hey there.....so from talking to the guards, you'd know that SOMETIMES the challenges end up being to the death (The Talz occasionally snaps a neck or spine....sometimes Lothar lands a shot to the head or heart)...but most of the time Lothar and Tandivar just end up wounding people.....but Xerris is the one who usually ends up killing people....or taking off a hand/arm/leg, etc.

You CAN call out "I surrender" at any point in the Duels.....but doing it at the very beginning before any fighting/weapon use has occurred is basically considered very dishonorable to the Thakisians.

As far as how things work mechanically, Brawling and Lightsaber/Melee Weapon skills are used in the hand to hand/melee fights....Blaster (or something similar) in the Quick Draw fights with the only difference in Quick Draws being the first shot/draw you choose how to split our skill dice with regards to the Draw and the Shot....

Example: Joe Schmo has 5D+1 in Blaster...he spends a Force Point and for one round, he has 8D+1. He decides to use 4D for the Draw and 4D+1 for the shot....

That make sense to anybody?

Oh also....if multiple people choose the same opponent, there's a 15 minute break between each Duel; and if the Champion is injured...the Champion has the option to post-pone a duel until the next day. (Again though....frowned upon/would upset the Thakisians if they thought somebody was 'faking' it)

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”