OOC Thead 3

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC Thead 3

#81 Post by Solo4114 »

Yes, that helps. Although it basically makes my idea impossible at the moment, unless we get closer to them. I guess I'll hang on to that grenade, then!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rex »

I am going to be away from internet access until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. NPC my character if needed.
Rex

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#83 Post by Solo4114 »

Man, I am having crap luck. As I recall, Cal is injured, so he's doing everything at -1D, right? I'm not sure what else I can do at this point aside from continue taking pot shots at this one nearby trooper. Anyone have any suggestions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Rex »

That or try to get to Kit so she can use a Medpac on you.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#85 Post by Solo4114 »

Are we seriously considering taking on an AT-AT?! We have magnetic grenades, but otherwise I think we're out of options as far as what'll damage it. Can we get a description of our terrain/cover options if we choose to fall back?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Starbeard »

Currently, my plan is to pull a Skywalker and climb onto one of the feet, cut the ankle open with my saber, and plant a detonator inside.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#87 Post by Solo4114 »

Ok, so what's our plan B if that goes to hell? Because my guess is the bell of the AT-AT is carrying probably about 20 more snowtroopers, and if you fail and they deploy, we're hosed.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Starbeard »

Look innocent and tell them we're not the rebels they're looking for?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by ybn1197 »

Think they'd believe this is our Alaskan vacation and they are tromping all over our snow forts?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by max_vale »

For the sake of amusement...I DEFINITELY suggest going with the 'looking innocent and/or telling them you're on a snow-cation' plans! :)

I'm also LOVING the Wookie grabbing the pilot and running while carrying him......HA! :)

As for the terrain/cover options.....you've got the smashed Speeder....which you just ran away FROM....(cue evil DM voice....which in my mind sounds prety much like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons saying "EXXXXXCCCCEEEELLLLLENT")......the trenchs you're in (which the AT-AT can easily step OVER....but it would be hard for anyone in it to see you if you're crouching down in them)....and then the hill/mountain side base that's behind you.....and that's about it.

Also, at the beginning of the battle, the platoon of 40 troopers you've been fighting were released FROM the AT-AT....so it's empty, except for its crew at the moment.....

The Magnetic Grenades were doled out to you by Rebel High Command were primarily for use against the AT-STs....or the AT-AT in desperation....but that was more what the Snowspeeder was for.....but yeah, now it's a good time for some awesome Star Wars-style heroics! :)

Seriously though, you guys are SERIOUSLY entertaining me.....you're a great bunch of players and I really appreciate it! I HOPE you're all having a good time!

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#91 Post by Solo4114 »

I'm having fun, definitely! Just have no idea how we're supposed to get out of this one, considering I used my force point on trying to take out the AT-ST while flying a damaged snowspeeder, and I'm wounded and slung over a wookiee's shoulder, AND we have a walker bearing down on us.

I guess the good news is that the snowtroopers are basically wiped out at this point (aren't they?) so at least we only have the walker with which to contend.

How visible has our ground battle been with the troopers? Can the walker see that we've been taking them out? Any of 'em make it into the trench?

I'm formulating an idea...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rex »

My intent is to get a med pack on Cal and then go after a AT-AT with the grenade. I figure Wookies are excellent climbers and I might be able to pry something loose enough to get a grenade in. If not maybe I can get close enough up to toss it at the turret and damage it enough to make the cannons useless. No force points left so it is up to my incredibly bad luck. At least I am not doing the rolling.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#93 Post by Solo4114 »

An AT-AT has a crew of three, right? A pilot, a gunner, and the commander, as I recall. something like that. How dumb do we figure the three in the AT-AT are? Could we maybe take a snow trooper hostage, put on the armor, and convince the crew that the snowtroopers defeated the rebels so they can come pick up the survivors...and then steal the AT-AT? :twisted:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Rex »

I think it would take to much time to pull off.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#95 Post by Solo4114 »

Ah well

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#96 Post by Solo4114 »

Previously, I hadn't specified that I grabbed my grenade when bailing out of the snowspeeder. Are we assuming it was on my person, or left in the speeder?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by max_vale »

On your person......I'm assuming in a flight suit pocket or attached to a belt.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#98 Post by Solo4114 »

max_vale wrote:On your person......I'm assuming in a flight suit pocket or attached to a belt.
Well, thank the Force for that...

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by kipper »

I'll be away from my computer today until ~Nov 14th and probably can't post during that time.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Rex »

I am going to be away from the internet until November 26th. Might be able to post on Thanksgiving day, but not sure until then. Feel free to NPC my PC.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Rex

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”