(002) Taken!

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (002) Taken!

#61 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:15 pm
The Hobgoblins shout curses at the retreating Kobolds and stomp the ground. One line catches your attention, "Diago is going to kil all you cowards for this betrayal!"
Eodrien sets down her axe and takes out her heavy crossbow. The weapon is cocked, so she sets a bolt in the receiver and hefts it into firing position. "Make sure to not attack the kobolds," she says quietly. "Ready your bows. We fire on them, and then fight when they charge us." She waits for everyone to ready their ranged weapons or spells.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:20 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:15 pm
The Hobgoblins shout curses at the retreating Kobolds and stomp the ground. One line catches your attention, "Diago is going to kil all you cowards for this betrayal!"
Eodrien sets down her axe and takes out her heavy crossbow. The weapon is cocked, so she sets a bolt in the receiver and hefts it into firing position. "Make sure to not attack the kobolds," she says quietly. "Ready your bows. We fire on them, and then fight when they charge us." She waits for everyone to ready their ranged weapons or spells.
“I’ll go a little forward once they charge to use my axe. Don’t shoot me in the back.”
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:41 pm “I’ll go a little forward once they charge to use my axe. Don’t shoot me in the back.”
"I'd never do that to my favorite shield," Eodrien deadpans.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by ateno »

As the fighters advance, Darian will follow and prepare Sleep, he means to cast it just before the first bolt is fired.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by Darithe »

"Shoot you in the back? Only if you mouth off too much," Magdal snickers as she nocks an arrow. "So no kobolds and no Des. I'll see if I can manage that but no promises." Readies her bow for action.

OOC: Sorry for some reason I'm not getting notified of updates to the thread.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by joertexas »

Darithe wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:55 pm "Shoot you in the back? Only if you mouth off too much," Magdal snickers as she nocks an arrow. "So no kobolds and no Des. I'll see if I can manage that but no promises." Readies her bow for action.
When everyone is ready, Eodrien rises up on one knee, takes aim, and fires her crossbow. Then, she pushes it behind her on it's sling, tugs it tight, and picks up her war axe. She rises to her feet and waits for the enemy's reaction.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:11 pm
Darithe wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:55 pm "Shoot you in the back? Only if you mouth off too much," Magdal snickers as she nocks an arrow. "So no kobolds and no Des. I'll see if I can manage that but no promises." Readies her bow for action.
When everyone is ready, Eodrien rises up on one knee, takes aim, and fires her crossbow. Then, she pushes it behind her on it's sling, tugs it tight, and picks up her war axe. She rises to her feet and waits for the enemy's reaction.
OOC: Give Darren a chance to cast his spell before you fire. You know Sleep is like the nuclear option on lower level creatures, as long as there aren't too many of them. :)

For example, in this case: I rolled 2d4 and got 5, so 5 HD of creatures keel over. There are 6 orcs, 1 is second level (2HD) and the other 5 are first (1HD each). Sleep works on the lower level monsters first, so all five of the first level orcs collapse into a slumber leaving only the leader standing.

And then Eodrien fires her crossbow (I rolled 19 to hit and 6 for damage) and the Orc leader keels over as he had exactly 6 hp. That was way too easy!

Suddenly, the clearing is filled with Orcs lying on the ground, either asleep or dead, and the party is standing along the top of the ridge feeling pretty anti-climatic.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:07 am
joertexas wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:11 pm
OOC: Give Darren a chance to cast his spell before you fire. You know Sleep is like the nuclear option on lower level creatures, as long as there aren't too many of them. :)

For example, in this case: I rolled 2d4 and got 5, so 5 HD of creatures keel over. There are 6 orcs, 1 is second level (2HD) and the other 5 are first (1HD each). Sleep works on the lower level monsters first, so all five of the first level orcs collapse into a slumber leaving only the leader standing.

And then Eodrien fires her crossbow (I rolled 19 to hit and 6 for damage) and the Orc leader keels over as he had exactly 6 hp. That was way too easy!

Suddenly, the clearing is filled with Orcs lying on the ground, either asleep or dead, and the party is standing along the top of the ridge feeling pretty anti-climatic.
Des will cautiously advance to check the boy before eyeing the orcs. “What do we do with them? Prisoners?”
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:40 am Des will cautiously advance to check the boy before eyeing the orcs. “What do we do with them? Prisoners?”
"Yes," Eodrien replies with a nod. "I think we should bind them while they are asleep, and then take them to town to be questioned. With their leader dead, perhaps these will be more tractable."

She looks at Darrian. "That was well done, Darrian."

Once the orcs (or hobgoblins, whomever) are bound, Eodrien sheathes her war axe, and steps up to one of the locked doors. She knocks on it with her gloved knuckles. "Can you come out to speak with us, please?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:36 pm
terrymixon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:40 am Des will cautiously advance to check the boy before eyeing the orcs. “What do we do with them? Prisoners?”
"Yes," Eodrien replies with a nod. "I think we should bind them while they are asleep, and then take them to town to be questioned. With their leader dead, perhaps these will be more tractable."

"Your welcome, I hate fighting. "

Once the orcs (or hobgoblins, whomever) are bound, Eodrien sheathes her war axe, and steps up to one of the locked doors. She knocks on it with her gloved knuckles. "Can you come out to speak with us, please?"

"If you need a goblin speaker, let me know, I'm going to see to our Shepherd.

Darian and Kazan will check the Shepherd and carefully untie him and hand him his crook.

"Your safe now, here is some water, don't stand up yet.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Eris »

OOPS!!! Yes, they are all Hobgoblins. I was going back and forth on Orc vs Hobgoblin when I was working out the encounter...low these many weeks ago...and forgot what I decided when the big scene came up. Sorry!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:45 pm

"Your welcome, I hate fighting. "

"If you need a goblin speaker, let me know, I'm going to see to our Shepherd.

Darian and Kazan will check the Shepherd and carefully untie him and hand him his crook.

"Your safe now, here is some water, don't stand up yet.
"Urrr, thanks....what happened, I thought I was dead for sure!" says the boy sitting up and rubbing his arms and wrists where he had been tied.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by Eris »

There is a long silence from behind the sturdy wooden door. Examining the door you see that it has bronze bindings at the corners and what look like iron hinges. There is an iron handle on the right side with large key holes both below and above it.

Finally, you hear a faint voice come through the thick door, "Noooo! There's no one in here! You go away!" The words are spoken in badly accented Common.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:26 pm
There is a long silence from behind the sturdy wooden door. Examining the door you see that it has bronze bindings at the corners and what look like iron hinges. There is an iron handle on the right side with large key holes both below and above it.

Finally, you hear a faint voice come through the thick door, "Noooo! There's no one in here! You go away!" The words are spoken in badly accented Common.
“Sounds like the only people here doing harm was these hobgoblins,” Des said loudly with a grin. “Maybe we should just take them and go. As long as no one is hurting anyone, we don’t need to come back.”

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:22 pm "Urrr, thanks....what happened, I thought I was dead for sure!" says the boy sitting up and rubbing his arms and wrists where he had been tied.
"We were in town and helped look for you when we found you had been taken. We followed your tracks here. We took the Hobgoblins captive.

Helping him up.

"There you go. I'm going to see if I can help talk to the Kobolds. Get your sheep and over to our group by the ridge.

Darrian heads to the tunnel door.
Last edited by ateno on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:43 pm Darrian heads to the tunnel door.
"They're all yours." Eodrien steps back to let the mage up to the door.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:16 pm
ateno wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:43 pm Darrian heads to the tunnel door.
"They're all yours." Eodrien steps back to let the mage up to the door.
In Goblin in a smiling friendly manner

"Gentlefolk, masters of the trap, my name in common is Darrian, we would like to talk to you in a friendly manner. The Hobgoblins are no more. They are dead or tied up. We would like to know who Diago is and who Diago is to you. We would be happy to exchange information with you, we have gone first with the news of your hobgoblin tormentors."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#78 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 pm
In Goblin in a smiling friendly manner

"Gentlefolk, masters of the trap, my name in common is Darrian, we would like to talk to you in a friendly manner. The Hobgoblins are no more. They are dead or tied up. We would like to know who Diago is and who Diago is to you. We would be happy to exchange information with you, we have gone first with the news of your hobgoblin tormentors."
It is quiet behind the closed doors for a long time. Eodrien and Darrien are about to give up hope of getting a response when they hear the sounds of bolts being thrown back and heavy bars being moved.

Slowly the door opens and a Kobold peeks out from around its edge. He speaks in a surprisingly low voice, "We want no trouble with you humans. We leave you alone, you leave us alone...Yes?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:23 pm Slowly the door opens and a Kobold peeks out from around its edge. He speaks in a surprisingly low voice, "We want no trouble with you humans. We leave you alone, you leave us alone...Yes?"

Holding arms down hands open and facing the speaker

Goblin language

"Thank you for speaking. We promise not to bother you anymore or tell the townsfolk that you exist. For just a bit of information about Diago. Who and where, what he/she might be, that's all."

Darrian

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:38 pm Holding arms down hands open and facing the speaker

Goblin language

"Thank you for speaking. We promise not to bother you anymore or tell the townsfolk that you exist. For just a bit of information about Diago. Who and where, what he/she might be, that's all."

Darrian
"I am Luthgar, King of the Murtal clan. We have dwelled in these caves for many generations and just want to be left alone." says the old Kobold that stands before you, "Diago is a Captain of the Red Caps. He's an Orc and he runs their gang in the broken hills north and east of here. The Red Caps have been trying to get us and the Goblins to join them in fighting you Humans. To run you out of these lands and back where they say you came from. We don't care for fighting. We are comfortable in our caves and just want to be left alone. Can you understand that Human?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”