Action Thread 7

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 7

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1:40 p

The silence of the mushroom room and floating head, is broken by the discussion of the party. Ilhalevar stands firm in front of Wulfgard demanding potions. The rest of the party debate the mushrooms and spores, while Odo heads out into the mushroom room, stepping on already crushed mushroom and trying his best not to breathe the air. Zafalia follows with her torch help high for light.

The thief and druid head out following the cheerful yellow glow. I’ll wait for everyone else’s actions.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Malak; 2- SoT and Varkos 3- Odo and Rake 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 42 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 7

#2 Post by saalaria »

Ron you mean Odo - right?

oops yeah! :)

Varkos follows the druidess, covering his mouth and nose till he is across the mushers

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake also follow the trio, taking care to keep to his own advice of not inhaling while crossing.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by tkrexx »

As Odo and the Druidess move forward, the Ranger turns to Wulfgard. I can get you past that head, my friend, but you must trust me. I recognize that, it's an ancient totem of my people. It's purpose is to instill fear in those my ancestors considered heathens. If we offer 3 items of power as sacrifice, it will return to its place, and the fear will fade. My spear has power, you have seen this. I will place it on the floor before the Head, but I need 2 more items...If you would part with the blue vials you possess, it will satesfy the totem's hunger and we may all pass. Son of Thunder moves toward the Head, but just as far as the corridor entrance, giving Ilhalevar a quick wink as he passes, and lays his spear on the deck. Come now, he turns back to the Priest, Only you have the way to take us forward. Offer the vials!

Son of Thunder moves toward the Head

Sounds like a bad MTV cartoon.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar gives SOT a quick nod of approval.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard looks skeptically at Son of Thunder with a slight smirk on his face. Unfortunately I can offer only one item, as I have only one BLUE potion.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger, clearly not an actor, tries to appear incredulous. Offer it then, and we'll find another. He peers over his shoulder to see if the forward duo are still within eyeshot. We must hurry!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard nods to Son of Thunder looking more serious and less afraid. He produces the potion and uncorks it. It will probably want to drink it.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by tkrexx »

NO! The Ranger composes himself. No, I think it will be well sated if we simply leave it here.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard smiles nervously. Corks the potion and hands it over to Son of Thunder. Let us make sure the others are okay.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by tkrexx »

Aye, the Ranger agrees. Stay behind me, if the Head decides to attack, I will bear the brunt. He will bend to retrieve his spear without pausing as he negotiates a way around the Head.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1:50 p

While Al’Zur, Ilhalevar, and Son of Thunder talk to the frightened cleric, the rest of the party, and the head, moves forward in search of Malak.

Able to safely navigate, via the crushed mushroom trail, through the cavern, they see a passage. The mushrooms stop pretty abruptly at the end of the cavern and beginning of the passage. After a sharp turn to the south, the passage heads almost dead south. After about 40 feet the tunnel widens and starts to veer southwest. But right at that point there is a huge stone face. The face is carved into the wall with what looks like a tunnel beyond its mouth.

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (58.15 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
The tunnel seems to go another 10 or 15 feet an open up into a possible cavern.

The red W is where SoT, Wulfgard, Illhalevar and Al'Zur are. The red O is where Odo, Malak, Varkos, and Rake are. The red X is the stone face.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (5.28 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
Meanwhile Odo, Malak, Varkos, and Rake can hear the other half of the party back at the entrance to the mushroom cavern talking excitedly.

As Son of Thunder and Wulfgard sort out the blue potions, with Illhalevar looking on. Al’Zur has been carefully watching the others and sees them make the other side of the cavern safely.

PMs sent.

[/b]HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 32 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 50 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo looks at his small group "use a pole to make sure the mouth isn't trapped?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by Alethan »

Seeing only one of the potions safely in someone else's hands, Ilhalevar says,"Sorry, Wulfgar, but I no longer trust you. Too bad, really... It doesn't bode we'll for our venture."

She then hurries to catch up with the others.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Nuke66 »

The Elf watches to rest of the party carefully before deciding a course of action. Smoothly he removes his cloak and cuts a strip for the bottom. Cutting that into two large pieces and two strips, he wraps his feet. Turning to the others "I'd suggest that you do the same and hold your breath as we run through."

Al'Zur waits for the others before running through the mushroom room.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by saalaria »

"Ummm..... everyone - we're glowing..... look"

Varkos points at the party's glowing feet and trail of footprints.

"Do you think this is what affected our clerical friend? Or something through there?"
He points through the mouth.
"its probably wise for not all of us to go in" he rumbles

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake starts banging his feet on the ground to see if the glowing spores are shaken off.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Distorted Humor »

See no one has a 10 foot pole, Odo ties the grappling hook to some rope, and tosses it into the mouth, to drag it back to make sure its not utterly trapped.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by tkrexx »

Blast, I have nothing to wrap my boots in, and I do not fancy the party being divided! The Ranger follows the path made by others, trying to step lightly thru the mushroom pus. He peers behind to see if the Head is still with them.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”