Action Thread 7

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 7

#61 Post by saalaria »

Varkos aims a mighty blow at scarecrow 1:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 9+3 = 12 Dam [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7

OOC -Doubt that's a hit but you never know.

Then for second attack he connects with a mighty blow:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 17+3 = 20 Dam [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7

OOC - was beginning to think we would never hit!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Argennian »

Seeing that one of the scarecrows has Son of Thunder in its clutches and that her companions are struggling to land blows, Zafalia will move up and try to skewer the scarecrow that is climbing out of the mouth (S2). She will attack from the second rank if need be.

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 1, Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 5

OOC: :roll:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:12 p
Round 2

With Son of Thunder firmly in hand, the creature brings its woody fist up for another strike.

But the ranger’s comrades step up to help. Illhalevar, Son of Thunder, and Zafalia all miss. Rake comes close but also is unable to connect.

Varkos, the closest to the creature is able to land two vicious blows. Though they obviously hurt the creature, it doesn’t stop its hold on Son of Thunder, or stop its attack.

Bringing its fist down, the attack glances off the ranger’s horned helmet causing no damage whatsoever!

The next creature though is much more lucky. Gathering its feet after crawling through the stone face, it attacks Varkos. Its first attack does no damage, but hits the fighter and grabs him in a similar hold as Son of Thunder. The next hit, a solid wood fist coming down on Varkos, hits solidly doing 6 hps of damage! Varkos is still able to attack, but feels certainly very hurt and has still been suffering from previous wounds.

Meanwhile the third creature is making his way through the stone face, with at least one other is behind that!

Still no need for initiative. All three creatures will attack last in round 3. Rexx and Saalaria can roll an attack, there will be minuses to hit, but I’ll add those in. Both SoT and Varkos can attack twice this round. Everyone else please declare actions and roll as seems fit with those actions.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 10/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 12 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 30 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by tkrexx »

To hit: [1d20-1] = 17-1 = 16, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

To hit: [1d20-1] = 10-1 = 9, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

AAARGHH!! The Ranger is near hysterics seeing the Scarecrows currently outfighting his party.

Ron, I don't think I have the 2nd attack using the ax rather than the spear.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar shouts, "Let go of him!" as she brings her quarterstaff around in a full overhead swing.

Melee Attack, Quarterstaff [1d20] = 20

She is satisfied to see it connect solidly.

Damage, Quarterstaff [1d6] = 3
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia moves to attack the scarecrow that has just grabbed a hold of Varkos, hoping to help the burly warrior. "There are more coming out of the mouth!" she declares as she tries to time her spear strike...

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 20, Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 3

OOC: now that's better! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by rredmond »

tkrexx wrote:To hit: [1d20-1] = 17-1 = 16, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

To hit: [1d20-1] = 10-1 = 9, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

AAARGHH!! The Ranger is near hysterics seeing the Scarecrows currently outfighting his party.

Ron, I don't think I have the 2nd attack using the ax rather than the spear.
Dang you are right of course. Only with the spear.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by saalaria »

Varkos goes for the most immediate threat - the veg man holding him:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13 Dam [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7

He aims a stab into the woody abdomen but does he connect?

OOC - I had two attacks last time Ron so have rolled just the one this round

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake, Fighter/Thief extraordinaire.

Stab, slash, rend, puncture, etc.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 19, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 7, damage (L): [1d12] = 1

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo, seeing his friends in a bad fight, comes out of the shadows to backstab the one that is attacking Varkos

To attack
[1d20] = 1

(%)($)%*()$*%()$%*) :shock: :lol:

[1d6] = 1

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:13 p
Round 3

Son of Thunder and Varkos are both now firmly wrapped up.

Not hampered by the arms of the scarecrow creatures, the rest of the party attacks.

Illhalevar focuses on SoT’s creature hitting it square in the noggin. While Rake is able to slice through its leafy torso. Odo misses his attack on the creature holding SoT, but the Ranger himself is able to use the axe well, to chop off its head, and finish the creature.

Zafalia uses her spear to puncture the neck of the creature holding Varkos, doing some damage to it. While Varkos himself has a promising attack, but being held in the leafy arms of the creature can’t quite get his sword to connect.

Meanwhile, as the two remaining creatures attack, the fourth creature makes its way through the mouth of the stone face.

The creature on Varkos also has issues connecting, and he easily dodges the wooden punch aimed at his head. The next creature (the third who came through the stone face) attacks, he grabs Rake and then using his other fist punches him solidly for 4HPs of damage!

Still no need for initiative. Rake is still up, but looks poorly to the rest of you. All three creatures will attack last in round 4. Varkos and Rake can roll an attack, there will be minuses to hit, but I’ll add those in. Varkos can attack twice this round. Everyone else please declare actions and roll as seems fit with those actions.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 10/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 12 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 30 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#74 Post by Distorted Humor »

If one has their back turned to me, i will backstab, otherwise I race over to my buddy rake and swing at the one attacking him.

[1d20] = 13

[1d6] = 4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#75 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:.
Illhalevar focuses on SoT’s creature hitting it square in the noggin. While Rake is able to slice through its leafy torso. Odo misses his attack on the creature holding SoT, but the Ranger himself is able to use the axe well, to chop off its head, and finish the creature.

... All four creatures will attack last in round 4...
What, even that one what was finished off??

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar next swings at the creature that grabbed Rake.

Melee Attack, Quarterstaff [1d20] = 15

Damage, Quarterstaff [1d6] = 6

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:

Hah nope! No undead scarecrows yet. That be a typo, I shall fix it.
Funny I knew I wanted to write three, brain fart I guess!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:

Hah nope! No undead scarecrows yet. That be a typo, I shall fix it.
Funny I knew I wanted to write three, brain fart I guess!
Well, I was going to suggest it was undead, but if you'll note, we removed its head. So even if it was undead, it wouldn't have been able to come back. Not as a stick-creature zombie, anyway. I guess a stick-creature skeleton might work...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia continues to attack the scarecrow construct that has Varkos in it's unnatural grip, trying not to stab her companion in the process.

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 3, Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 4

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by tkrexx »

Another war-whoop from the Ranger as he will head-off (no pun intended) the scarecrow exiting the mouth.

To hit: [1d20-1] = 2-1 = 1, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

Eee-GAD!

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”