[1d20] = 2

I miss...again... :oops:

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 7

#102 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:16 p

After some spectacular misses by his comrades, Varkos ends the battle, and the creature, by slicing it into mulch.

The ranger peers into the mouth, it's dark and hard to see, but he sees and hears nothing else coming this way.

The floating stone head bobbles along, stone faced, behind the druidess.

The map above is where you are. North is where you came from, east is the stone face, west is unexplored.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 8/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 9 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 28 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

I forget... do we have any rules for Binding Wounds in this game, Ron? If so, we'll need anyone with healing skills to do that to some of the more heavily damaged party members.

Or we'll need to get healing cast on them. Or use one of the potions (I recommend the potion that Wulfgar has).

Ilhalevar closely examines the bodies of the stick creatures to see if they differ from the others they've encountered in any way. Just in case, she removes four more stick figure fingers (the first finger of both hands on two of them) and stows them away in her belt pouch.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by rredmond »

Binding only stops the loss of HP when someone is in negative hit points.
These creatures look a lot like the creatures from before. There are cosmetic differences, but nothing to lend you to believe that they aren't the same type of creature.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by tkrexx »

By the trails I have seen, Wulfgard! the Ranger exclaims. Those were NOT the actions of a coward! Well done!

Can the Ranger track these things, if needs be?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by rredmond »

tkrexx wrote:By the trails I have seen, Wulfgard! the Ranger exclaims. Those were NOT the actions of a coward! Well done!

Can the Ranger track these things, if needs be?
He can absolutely try!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#107 Post by Solinor »

Shaken, Wulgard says Thank you Son of Thunder... you are kind.

Is anyone seriously thrashed?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by saalaria »

Varkos wipes the ichor of his sword and stands bleeding in places.
"Verily I require some attention to these wounds if anyone has any skill but I fear Rake may be in a worse condition than me." rumbles the big man.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by tkrexx »

Son of Thunder will retrieve his spear and stand watch while team mates recoup. What a battle!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia will also move over to inspect the freshly-dispatched constructs and see if she notices any new clues about them compared to the others.

Once finished, she rejoins the others with a look of obvious frustration. She does a quick look around for a head count to make sure that no one else is mssing and assess her companions' conditions before turning to the ranger. "I wonder what on Oerth has happened to Malak? Tis like he just up and disappeared! Son of Thunder, can you try and find his tracks?" she asks worriedly before turning to the cleric. "Wulfgard, what did you see? Can you tell us what happened to our friend?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by tkrexx »

I believe I can track these scarecrows, let me look for sign of our Malak. He will scout ahead of the area that the party has not travelled as yet looking for Malak's trail. It's possible he went the way these vermin came from.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo says "I am not very good at slicing, but let me know if you want me to explore ahead"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by saalaria »

"Wulfgard - are you sleeping?" varkos attempts a jest.
"I think healing would be most useful if we are to venture further in these caves"
not subtly hinting anymore!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:20 p

It's quiet here. The flickering of the cleric's lamp showing his somewhat shell-shocked face. The stone face bobbing along in the light of the druidess' torch.

PM to the Ranger.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 8/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 5 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 24 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by tkrexx »

Wulfgard, tend to the wounded. We need Big V at his peak. Odo, will you check this "mouth" portal for traps? If there are none we should investigate inside for sign of Malak, if you will keep my back. I can find no trail at all to the south. The Ranger will light another torch to aid in the search.

Torch marked off

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia covers Son of Thunder while he looks for tracks, holding her torch high to aid in the effort.

"Malak, where are you?" she asks aloud, obviously concerned for what the meddling thief has gotten himself into. She looks at the stone head bobbing in the air beside her for a moment...

Suddenly her mouth drops and her eyebrows go up. "This stone head... what is it and why does it follow us? As impossible as it seems, could it somehow be... Malak?!" she queries incredulously, looking to Ilhalevar and the others to get their thoughts.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#118 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar looks at Zafalia incredulously.

Then peers at the floating head with a new appreciation. She examines it more closely, looking to see if it bears any resemblance to Malak.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by rredmond »

The stone head really doesn't resemble anyone. Sort of like the heads of the Moai on Easter Island.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by tkrexx »

I tried, I really tried, NOT to post this...

Malak is the stone-head? Son of Thunder turns his head incredulously. I suppose that would explain a few things.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”