Action Thread 7

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 7

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 7:48 a

Darn it Rexx, I thought you'd try to push your luck, and your time! :twisted: .

Everyone having listened to Phanstern and the insect like creature converse, decide that going back is likely the best way to handle these creatures. The creature's reponse to Phanstern is, "don't trust your kind?? No fear, I am the leader of this quad and they know that you are slavers who are lost. We will certainly let you pass." He starts talking to the others as he gets up. The other creature stays seated, looking lost. Quinquaginta starts talking to the two standing creatures, but their reactions quickly move from confusion to anger as they start gesticulating at you all.

Hustling back (in your marching order) to the stairwell you start heading up with no incident. Eljayess in the lead. Eljay gets to the top of the stairwell and sees or hears nothing. Nothing appears to have changed since they left a little while ago.

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (35.97 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
It’s quiet. Eljay is at the red X at the top of the stairs, which means, of course, that Delgath’s back is at the bottom of the stairs, and Kayen is still in the hall below.

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (58 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (57 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 7

#2 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett whispers to no one in particular Let's take the northern hallway.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Freda nods, "And quickly!"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Distorted Humor »

I nod...quickly!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by max_vale »

Ogre follows Eljayess and the Halfling to the top of the stairs; drawing his sword again as the leave the insect-men behind....

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by tkrexx »

1 dagger marked off, as Phanstern won't waste time to yank it free of an unHypnotized Aspis.

Running as fast as his girth will allow, the Illusionist calls forward. Do we all believe this door leads to the area above the Aspis room? *huff* With the grate? Going there would certainly cause a ruckus. I still *puff* have 1/2 of the healing potion, I know a couple of you were wounded in that melee. The message was clear, he adds, North and west is where we need to go...But I don't want to see those awful ghouls again!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by saalaria »

As they are high-tailing it out of there, Dredd speaks to Phan:
"Nice work Phanstern, paricularly good example of use of Hypnotism in battle situation, if only we weren't so pressed for time and could have measured length of subjects' time under suggestion. Ah well maybe next time...."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 7:55 a

Moving quickly up the stairs and to the Northern hallway, the party finds themselves going 75’ and the hallway turns. After the turn it ends after 30’. At its terminus on the northern wall and southern wall there are sets of double doors facing directly across each other. Though they do face each other, the northern ones are a bit more ramshackle. Almost as if they were an addition to the temple, while the southern set is older, but those wooden double doors are definitely sturdier.

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (7.98 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
It’s quiet. Eljay is at the red X with everyone else single file behind her. The hallway is dark, except for your light, and it's quiet. No movement appears to be happening whatsoever.

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (51 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (50 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett would like to listen at these doors if we feel we have time.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay proceeds to the doors and pauses to allow the others to investigate. She turns around and puts a single finger to her lips before whispering "Quiet"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Distorted Humor »

I keep a lookout...

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by saalaria »

Dredd stays totally still for the listening attempt - he even stops mumbling to himself!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by max_vale »

Ogre just grips his sword and shield tighter and looser in stretches; staying as quiet and trying to stay the least smelly he can....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 8:00 a

The party is extra quiet as they approach the double doors in single file. The halfling walks up to the doors, but everyone can hear indistinct mutterings as if of language past the northern double doors. As Blodgett puts his ears to the northern doors and Eljay whispers "quiet"....

PM sent.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (46 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (45 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#16 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett moves from the northern doors, nodding his head 'yes' showing that he's heard something. He moves over to the southern doors now and gives a listen.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#17 Post by ToniXX »

Having listened at both sets of doors, Blodgett motions the party to go back 10 or 20 feet into the hallway so that he may share what he's heard. Once they quietly all shuffle back a bit and crowd around the small hobbit (as best thy can in the tight hallway), Blodgett speaks:

Okay, we've got 5 or 6 orcs to the north. They're speaking about scary plants and undead in the cemetery, which must be near by. They do not like being on guard duty to say the least. The southern doors are deathly quiet. Maybe the cemetery is through those doors. The doors to the north look much more ramshackle than the southerly ones. We might be able to surprise the orcs, leading them to believe that the undead are coming after them. What say you, friends?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by saalaria »

"I agree with Eljay, no point ruinning the quiet approach we have adopted so far and risk the whole castle being alerted. Let's sneak south." Dredd whispers his opinion.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

Freda agrees with remaining in secret for as long as possible.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”