Action Thread 7

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 7

#101 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern, you have any way of talking to these plants to find out why they're so aggressive towards us?"
I fear not, the Illusionist replies slowly, eyes marvelling at the plants reactions to their very presence. But clearly they seem to be concealing something. This indicates intelligence. Perhaps on the part of the plants, or some other entity which controls them. Hacking thru would certainly be taken as an attack, and invite retaliation.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by max_vale »

Ogre shifts around; nervously watching the plants move and keeping his sword ready to use as a make-shift machete if necessary....
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 9:10 a

As the Ranger checks the wall, and the fauna itself seems to thwart his attempts to see farther. The constant feeling that the plants are watching is palpable. The closing in on the grey stone wall is accompanied by the rustling of leaves and branches as they are, now pretty obvious, ensuring that none of you get a good view of what this stone wall is or what it's doing here.

PM sent.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (225 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (0 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by tkrexx »

By the pink in my cheeks, Freda, you're being robbed! Phanstern shouts, Those saplings are stealing your arrows, even the new one! Sudden realization crosses his face and he does a quick, bouncing spin, grabbing every pocket, pouch, and pack checking to see if he, too, has been pilfered.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by rredmond »

At this exclamation, everyone takes a peek and do indeed see a thin branch from above, extracting 4 arrows from the Ranger's quiver.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by saalaria »

Dredd checks all his pouches and pack for light-fingered branches.
"whatever we do we should make it quick. Does someone fancy pushing through the bushes? I am thinking someone strong...and fearless of course"
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#107 Post by Alethan »

Freda jumps up and grabs at the arrows.

If she can recover any of them, she will. Then she checks to see that everything else is secure.

"Let's either get out of here or start hacking at some vines," she says, with a hint of anger in her voice.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by max_vale »

Like his companions; Ogre does a quick check to make sure he has all his gear and then hearing Dredd's question; he announces; "I'll take the lead if needed....I'm more than ready to be away from this place...."; he says while loosening his sword arm; ready to hack through any "burglar vines" if needed....
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by rredmond »

[quote="rredmond"].

Day 1– In the complex – 9:20 a

As the Ranger reaches behind to her quiver and grabs her arrows, the branches let immediately go. As everyone else quickly checks their pockets it looks as if everything is there. Whatever was happening, aparently the plants failed in their sticky twigged attempts.

Abandoning the mystery of the stone wall, and the thieving branches. The crew heads out of this area back to the double doors, which aren't apparently guarded by branches any more.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (19.58 KiB) Viewed 913 times

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (215 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (0 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by Alethan »

Did Freda recover any of her stolen arrows??
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by rredmond »

Hmm, where the heck did that piece of my post go... sheesh. I must've somehow left it on the WORD doc. I'll fix, but short answer is yes, you were able to get them all back.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#113 Post by saalaria »

OOC - whoa?? I thought we were to explore more around the wall pushing through the vines/plants...was that not our intent?
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by rredmond »

We can certainly back track. It looked like (except for your comment :) ) that everyone wanted out.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#115 Post by saalaria »

OOC - hmmm yes I see what you mean Ron. In that case - metaphorical? figurative? ...whatever...show of hands everyone - what do you want to do? I am for hacking through plants as where else do we have to go - through the insect men and the trapdoor? Or fight the ants and see if we can go in their tunnels? or anything else?
But happy to go with the majority vote
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#116 Post by Alethan »

My vote:
Leave (har har!) the vine thieves.
Try and figure out where the trap door room would be from above (without having to go down to the insect creatures).
Go there.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by tkrexx »

+1 It was my perception we were also on a time table and in stealth mode. Clearing can be done after sweeping. The 'Lords themselves quite probably will require most of our top spells.
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#118 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Dwarf just follows along....she wants to say "lets burn some trees" but she knows better to say that aloud when the trees are about.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay continues to lead the party back to the door. Trying to keep the party on the mission to free the slaves, not to fight with plants.

"Come on! Don't get distracted. Focus, we just need to get by these distractions, not deal with them." With that bitch out of the way, the woman moves forward.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#120 Post by saalaria »

OOC my thinking was wall means building means entrance into where slavers are

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”